“AWESOME location- amazing staff!!!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Shadow Ridge Resort to your Saves list
Shadow Ridge Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   50 Shadow Ridge Rd, Park City, UT 84060   |
Ranked #26 of 59 hotels in Park City
“AWESOME location- amazing staff!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

First, check in is at 4pm- we arrived at 10am and they had our rooms ready to go! Thank you Ashley!!! Speaking of Ashley- super awesome staff member! We are here with family- one of us has a standard room, the other has a one bedroom standard. Yes STANDARD. They are both beautiful!! Very clean, nice everything. Ashley was kind enough to switch our rooms so we are able to join rooms with the rest of our family. After reading some negative reviews, we were a little skeptical. Don't let the previous reviews fool you- give this place a try!! We will definitely be back! 312-1(standard) & 312-3(one bedroom) connect into a two bedroom. They are super nice. Thank you again, Ashley!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for the 5 star review and recognizing one of my staff members. Ashley is one of my newest front desk agents who is trying very hard to make sure all guests needs are met and to uphold Shadow Ridge Hotel's standards. We at the hotel do appreciate you taking the time out of your day to write the review and a quick explanation to all guests "don't let the previous reviews fool you, give this place a TRY." My staff and I are reading all reviews and doing our best to adapt to all the great suggestions guests leave us.

Have a safe trip back home. Look forward seeing you next ski season.

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Dennis, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

You are exactly two minutes from the nearest lift in Park City- and right next door to the main lodge, restaurants, shops and a skating rink! The resort staff is exceptionally helpful and friendly from the main desk to the ski and snowboard rental shop which is located right on the premises to the housekeeping staff. Our unit was located on the top floor #405 and had a partial balcony view of the mountain. We could see all the action on the half pipe and the aerial jumps! My only suggestion to the owner is they provide some binoculars! The rooms are tastefully decorated, with very comfortable beds in each of the two bedrooms and a brand new kitchen. A wood burning fireplace in the living room adds to the mountain stay. The bathrooms are also new and one has a fabulous jacuzzi to soothe those aching muscles after a day on the slopes. I understand the resort is going to replace the outdoor heated pool with a couple of outdoor hot tubs which will definitely be an improvement. The existing hot tub is fine but it is indoors and downstairs. My family will definitely come back for a ski vacation to this resort!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Alice,

Thank you for staying at the Shadow Ridge Hotel and for writing a wonderful review on one of our newest units. The owner of 405 has gone through great lengths to improve the condo to a standard to make sure all guests feel at home during their stay. As you stated in your review all rooms do have wood burning fireplaces. Always a nice feature when the weather outside is a bit chilly.

Hope you had a safe trip back to MA. PS. I will pass along the "binoculars" idea.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I was sooo pleased with our room and the price at this hotel. The front desk and Wabash Adventures service desk were especially helpful. We had a lovely suite with a full kitchen, fireplace, and two full bathrooms. Location is super convenient to Park City and the bus service immediately nearby takes you to everything in Park City. Couldn't have been happier!

Room Tip: Rooms by the West Elevator have views of the slopes
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guests,

Thank you for the 5 star review! We appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to voice your thoughts on the hotel. Wasatch Adventures is a new addition to our front lobby area this year. We are improving our hotel amenities every year to give our guests additional free services so we can make sure all needs are met.

Phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Condo initially not clean. Service folks quickly improved in that area. They were very responsive. Our condo was the best that I have had in 20 years of coming to Shadow Ridge. (Away from the mountain so the night noises of machines less heard.)
Biggest concern: the outside pool when heated appropriately is spectacular. Unfortunately, some poikilotherm, thinks that 82 degrees is "appropriate". PUT THE COVER ON THE POOL UNTIL 4PM!!!!
Peter M

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Peter,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I am sorry the condo room was not initially clean upon your arrival. You and a few other guests have voiced their comments on the pool cover, I am happy to say we are now keeping the pool covered until 3-4pm. Now when skiers come off the mountain guests will have a nice heated pool awaiting for them.

Again, thank you for your comments and look forward seeing you next ski season.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Chose this hotel based on the good reviews. Unfortunately, I did not have a good experience.
I made my reservation through Booking.com. The hotel was supposed to charge me for only two nights (as stated in my reservation), and the balance would be paid at my check-in. By the end of the month, was I surprised when I checked my credit card bill and found that the hotel charged my whole stay in advance. When I complained with the hotel, they told me that this was the hotel's policy (it did't matter to them if there was something different from their policy at Booking).
When I was doing the ckeck-in, another surprise. I picked the Deluxe room, but they gave me a Standard one. After asking them to double check my reservation (it took them almost half an hour), they told me that I was right about the reservation, but there weren't any Deluxe rooms available. The General Manager (Branden Peck) offered me an "intermediary" room and a two night refund for the inconvenience (I spent 8 nights there). The room was ok at a first glance, so I took it. Didn't want to start my vacation roaming aroung to find another place to stay.
After unpacking and taking a closer look, I realized that the room was dirty. Shower curtains with some stains, that went off after throwing water at it. Hair, pieces of paper and plastic, and something I believe to be a rotten leaf on the carped. Pieces of lumber under the dresser. I went to the front desk and asked them for (at least) a decent vacuuming my room. By the end of that day, nothing happened. I asked it for 3 consecutive days and...nothing.
The only positive thing I found about this hotel is tis location, very close to base village.
The refund I got was not even close to offset all the inconvenience and, worst of all, the dirty room. Wouldn't recommend this hotel to a frind and will never stay there again. Will be back to PC but not at this place.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Mr. BMigales,

Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor. Based on our many conversations while you were at the hotel we both came to an agreement on compensation for the issues you encountered. When booking through a 3rd party such as Booking.com we have hotel booking policies which are below. These are very standard/basic polices throughout Park City, UT.

"DEPOSIT AND CANCELLATION POLICIES

November 21 - April 15 (winter)
A 20% lodging deposit is required 48 hours after booking. The balance is due in full either 45 or 60 days* prior to arrival. There is no penalty for cancellations within 48 hours of initial booking. Cancellations between 48 hours of booking and either 45 or 60 days* of arrival forfeit the 20% deposit; for cancellations within either 45 or 60 days* of arrival, all payments will be forfeited.

*60 days for Christmas/New Years, Sundance, and President's holiday dates.
April 16 - November 20 (summer)
A credit card is required at the time of booking to guarantee your reservation. Full payment is due 3 days prior to arrival. There is no penalty for cancellations prior to 3 days of arrival; cancellations made within 3 days of arrival will forfeit 20% of reservation value.

Additional Terms
All payments will automatically be charged to the credit card used to guarantee reservation on the due date. If all deposits or payments due are not received by the due dates, the reservation will be considered cancelled under the terms and conditions provided herein. No-shows will be charged for their entire stay. Because our reservations are carefully scheduled in advance, no partial refunds will be made for late arrivals or early departures.

As for housekeeping issues I am sorry we didn't clean to the standards you were looking for. Housekeeping goes through all rooms on a daily basis and does a Towel/Trash and light vacuum to tidy up the place. We are more than open to do additional cleaning based on the guests requests. The picture you took of the thermostat, I see you put the temperature down to 48 degrees and the room temperature is at 83 degrees. During your "Winter" stay we've turned all thermostats over to heat mode which is probably why you wouldn't encounter any A/C. If this was an issue we could of switched the thermostat modes over from heat to cool.

To your last statement based on the "refund was not even close to offsetting your inconvenience," I would of done more if asked. To most travelers giving you a refund of $500 to a total of $1300 is a little bit more to than two night based on my calculations.

Again, I am want to apologize for the inconvenience and issues you had at the hotel.

Dunedin, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We rented at Shadow Ridge in 2012 and loved it. The room was spacious and attractive. The staff was responsive and helpful.

This year, 2013, it was like a different facility. The room was disappointing and the staff was inattentive at best.

Both years we rented a one bedroom with a sofa bed in the living room. This year the room, though more expensive than last year’s, was much smaller. I wonder if the quality of this year's room had to do with the fact that we booked through the resort last year and through Travelocity this year. Last year’s sofa bed was comfortable and easy to manage. This year’s sofa bed was difficult to open because it had a broken hinge on one side. That ended up not being a problem because it was so worn I couldn’t sleep on it. When I laid down in it I rolled to the middle and when I tried to get up, I had to pull on the sofa arms to get out of it. I asked if we could change rooms. The front desk said we could not but that they could bring a roll away. It took 2 more requests to get the roll away delivered. The substitute bed was single-sized but at least it slept better. It did, however, cause us more space problems in the already small living room.

The customer friendly attitude from last year was gone. The front desk people never acknowledged a guest when they were approached. The guests seemed to come second to paperwork or computer work. It was quit off-putting. This was consistent through our 6 day stay with the one exception of a guy named Alex, I think. He seemed new and enthusiastic.

Adding to the frustration of having to work hard to get the bed situation resolved, at 5AM on the third day of our stay, the coffee pot wouldn’t work. We had an early ski lesson and the thought of starting the day with no coffee was unpleasant. The person at the front desk said he’d check with housekeeping when they come in—at 8:00! When I told him that was not OK he said he couldn’t help me. I asked if he could get a pot out of a vacant room. Only then did he admit that he had a key to housekeeping and would get me a pot. Wow, what kind of customer centric attitude is that?

We won’t be going back to Shadow Ridge.

Room Tip: Be specific about what you want in a room--size, closet space,etc. Since these are individually own...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Guests,

When reading through your review I want to say "WOW" my staff did drop the ball. I am very disappointed with my staff on how they handled a few very easy requests. When reading through your review you mentioned you booked through a 3rd party Travelocity.com, I usually tell guests to book through the hotel directly so I can have one on one contact with them through their booking process. This helps me and my staff to ensure we meet your every requirement while staying at the hotel.

As for the accommodations you received I am sorry the room was not up to par and the sofa bed was not adequate for sleeping. As you know and I am sure many of our guests roll away beds are not comfortable and usually a pain because they take up so much space in a room. *Note: Roll away beds are not guaranteed and we only have a few in our inventory. Please keep in mind that the Shadow Ridge Hotel is an individually owned condos, which means "ALL" condo's/rooms are decorated differently and a guest can have two completely experiences on a given time. A new update the hotel is providing this year to all our guests is that they can take the booking process in their own hands, meaning you have the option to chose from a Premium room with update furnishings, bedding, and decor or second option is our standard room which has not been updated in the last two plus years. I am assuming this is the option you received during your stay.

Addressing my staff. Again, I am so sorry my staff was not very approachable and that they seemed to be more in tuned with paper/computer work. I will address these issues asap.

Thank you for your insightful review and expressing your experience at the hotel. Its guests like you that help me improve my staff in making them better and grow with the up's and down's of the hotel.

Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have stayed at the Shadow Ridge off and on for about 15 years. It's a solid and convenient hotel located right at the base of the PCMR. Staff was great and very accommodating. The rooms however were somewhat different. I stayed in a "hotel" room and it clearly had been years since it was updated. There were holes in the wall, the shower door was broken, and it just felt beat up. In addition it had a very old tv and even had a vcr! My parents stayed in a "casita" room and it was a night and day difference. Their room was clean, up to date, and modern. It had great furniture and flat screen tvs in each room. I could not believe it was the same hotel and would stay in that room next time. I will say that their wifi was so slow that it was essentially useless. My biggest complaint was with their pool. For all the years I have stayed there the best thing was getting into their hot outdoor pool after skiing versus their very scary and dirty indoor hot tub located in the basement (typically packed with people). Every day at 4pm they took the cover off and you had a very hot pool outside to stretch around in. I guess now they take the cover off in the morning so the pool is NOT warm at all for post ski relaxation. It was terribly cold and not a single person was using it. I urge the managers to read this and try to get into their supposedly "heated" pool in the evening and see how long they last and to see how many people ask to use the pool during the day time. Keep the cover on!

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 309 - it is old
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Kevin,

Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor. I appreciate it when guests take the time to voice how their stay was at the beautiful Shadow Ridge Hotel in Park City. When reading through the review I'd like to address a few of your issues you encountered. 1) The rooms at the hotel are individually owned condos which some are recently update verse others aren't. As of the beginning of the Winter season we've revamped out lodging options to give guests the option to pick from premium and standard rooms. This way you the 'guest' have the ability to pick and choose your experience at the hotel. 2) The pool, as you said in your review this was your biggest complaint. We have taken your advise and implemented this into our daily routine at the hotel. We are now covering our pool until 5pm so now when the slopes close at 4pm the pool will be nice and warm. Also, we've increased the temperature to 95 degrees to help with the relaxation.

Hopefully, my response addressed some of your concerns you had at the Hotel. We look forward to your return next season.

Have a wonderful day and safe trip home.

Shadow Ridge Hotel, GM

Been to Shadow Ridge Resort? Share your experiences!