“Shadow Ridge Resort” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 59 hotels in Park City
Memphis, Tennessee
“Shadow Ridge Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Shadow Ridge. Good location for a non ski in/out. Room's are a bit dated, but were clean and had no major issues. It would have been nice to be able to check in early, but they held our luggage while checked out the village area. We would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Gary,

Thank you for staying at Shadow Ridge Hotel. I appreciate your feedback on the hotel. I know you are traveling some distance to Park City, but when you return later this year or next winter please contact me directly and I would be more than happy to get you in one of our updated rooms for your stay. Please keep in mind while booking a room at Shadow Ridge Hotel you can choose an option such as a Premium room or Standard room. When talking to potential guests I always recommending booking the upgraded room. Yes, its a bit more but you get the full experience of the hotel and its rooms. Hope you had a safe trip back to Memphis.

Think Snow!!

Thanks,

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Park City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Located right at Park City Mountain Resort, this hotel is literally steps away from ice skating, world class skiing, and this past weekend was the world cup finals for Snowboard Half-pipe - needless to say this hotel has the perfect location! World-class restaurants within 5 mins of walking, museums, art galleries, and local holes in the wall and nooks make for an exciting time here in Park City.

Friendly staff, and clean, spotless rooms made for an excellent stay. I've also been told that nothing in the rooms are guaranteed - since each room is owned by a different person and each room is decorated to a different style, the only thing that is guaranteed is that each time you stay here you're sure to have a different experience!

5 stars if you ask me. KUDOS!

Room Tip: Stay in room 103 or 310 - trust me
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guests,

Thank you for writing a very in depth review about Shadow Ridge Hotel and its location. As you stated in your review the hotel is literally a short walk to the slopes. Thank you for acknowledging the staff and the cleanliness of the rooms. From all the guest reviews such as yours we pride on taking these comments to heart and improve our hotel, staff and service for future guests.

Hope you have a safe trip home!

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

To be honest when I was coming to stay at Shadow Ridge I wasn't expecting too much because of the low cost to stay. My stay at Shadow Ridge ended up being the best and most pleasant stay I've ever had on a trip! Most importantly was the great service and awesome attitude that Ashley at the front desk gave me and my friends every time we came down in the morning or from coming in off the slopes. She was always so pleasant and always asked how everything was and if we needed anything and just generally always in a great mood with a huge smile! She definitely added a big part to my great experience at Shadow Ridge and when I come back to Park City I know where I will be staying, Shadow Ridge!! Great job Shadow Ridge and Ashley. I will highly recommend Shadow Ridge to all of my friends and family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Zach,

Thank you so much for the 5 star review and mentioning one of my employees. Ashley strives to give superb customer service and try's to make everybody feel at home once they arrive. We at the Shadow Ridge Hotel want to thank you for staying at the hotel and experiencing one of the gems of Park City.

Hope you had a great trip and safe travels home.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed just one night last Sunday and found the reception staff helpful and friendly although we had to wait an hour and a half in the lobby before we could get into our room at 4.30pm but good chance to chat with guests. Disappointed to find no glasses to have a drink of water and no cups for coffee even though there was coffee available to make. When I asked the late night receptionist he said it was up to the owner to decide on what was provided and handed me a paper cup and I had to ask for 2 more as there were 3 of us staying. Not very helpful although luckily the only unhelpful staff member. Room was a little outdated and needs upgrading. OK for one night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Irene,

Thank you for staying at the Shadow Ridge Hotel for one night while you were in Park City. I appreciate the feedback about the coffee issue you encountered. I will review the room you stayed in and add additional glasses for drinking. Again, I hope you had a great visit to Park City and look forward to your return.

Safe Travels!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We just returned from a week long stay at Shadow Ridge during the Sundance Film Festival. The rooms were warm, clean and comfortable. It's a little old-fashioned but has great access to the slopes and the staff was super friendly and accommodating. There was a convenient ski shop in the lobby and a shuttle service to help us get around. We had a terrific time.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for the 5 star review and I appreciate staying with us during Sundance. Glad to see you had a good experience with the hotel and the on-site ski shop. We just added a new Adventure Desk that will help guests with all their adventure needs during their stay. Hope you had a safe trip home and look forward to seeing you soon.

Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We chose Shadow Ridge for our Ski-cating hotel. All in all it was great as long as your expectations aren't too high.

There were good and bad things about this property. The price was amazing in comparison to nearby resorts. The size of our condo was incredible, it was enormous!!!

Things that were questionable. On arrival, the code we were given didn't open the doors. In low season you are to check yourself in, and we ended up having to call a maintenance person as the doors were broken.

The hot tub is very old school. It's in a room in the basement that could use an upgrade. It was fine, clean, hot and big... It was just a little retro. When we arrived the sauna was broken. 2 days later somehow put up a sign that said "closed for the season". Considering we were there for the season start, I found this a little dubious.

A lot of things in our condo seemed to break or work sometimes: our alarm clock, our humidifier, the hot water in one of our showers and our elevator. Our place came with a fireplace, but there were no instructions or wood along with it... so we didn't end up being able to use it.

Things that were awesome:
We rented a 2bdrm place and got 3 bathrooms!! All 3 had showers and bathtubs! The rooms were really enormous, we had so much space, it was unreal. We also had 3 balconies, all with great views of the ski hill. There were lots of dishes and cutlery. We could have fed about 12 people with no trouble if we had wanted to.

We had our snowboards/skis waxed in the Shadow Ridge shop and they did an awesome job and it was only $25! We dropped them off after a day of skiing and picked them up the next morning, it was very convienent.

As long as you are looking for value and not 5 stars, you will love this place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Sara,

Thank you for the review and showing guests the +/-'s of the experience you encountered at the hotel. I am happy to see you enjoyed your condo and it's views. I am happy to announce we are going to be upgrading the down stairs gym, spa, hot tub and pool area this coming spring. This will give the hotel and its amenities a more welcoming feeling throughout the hotel. I hope you will get a chance to come back next year to see the beautiful upgrades once the project is completed.

Again, thank you for the review and hope you have safe travels back to Toronto.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

We had a fun stay and the hotel staff was very helpful with our checking out problem. We had a very late flight and Ashley with the help from her supervisor was able to extend our check out time to 5pm so that we had a place to shower and prepare for our flight home. Thanks for a great trip!

• Stayed January 2013
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Philip,

Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you recognizing one of our employees "Ashley" in your review. We strive on giving all guests 100% great customer service and in making sure we can do our best to take care of all your needs.

Hope you have a safe trip back home and look forward to your return.

Shadow Ridge Hotel, GM

Been to Shadow Ridge Resort? Share your experiences!