“Good value, okay service” 4 of 5 stars

Shadow Ridge Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   50 Shadow Ridge Rd, Park City, UT 84060   |
Ranked #24 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Toronto
“Good value, okay service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We chose Shadow Ridge for our Ski-cating hotel. All in all it was great as long as your expectations aren't too high.

There were good and bad things about this property. The price was amazing in comparison to nearby resorts. The size of our condo was incredible, it was enormous!!!

Things that were questionable. On arrival, the code we were given didn't open the doors. In low season you are to check yourself in, and we ended up having to call a maintenance person as the doors were broken.

The hot tub is very old school. It's in a room in the basement that could use an upgrade. It was fine, clean, hot and big... It was just a little retro. When we arrived the sauna was broken. 2 days later somehow put up a sign that said "closed for the season". Considering we were there for the season start, I found this a little dubious.

A lot of things in our condo seemed to break or work sometimes: our alarm clock, our humidifier, the hot water in one of our showers and our elevator. Our place came with a fireplace, but there were no instructions or wood along with it... so we didn't end up being able to use it.

Things that were awesome:
We rented a 2bdrm place and got 3 bathrooms!! All 3 had showers and bathtubs! The rooms were really enormous, we had so much space, it was unreal. We also had 3 balconies, all with great views of the ski hill. There were lots of dishes and cutlery. We could have fed about 12 people with no trouble if we had wanted to.

We had our snowboards/skis waxed in the Shadow Ridge shop and they did an awesome job and it was only $25! We dropped them off after a day of skiing and picked them up the next morning, it was very convienent.

As long as you are looking for value and not 5 stars, you will love this place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Sara,

Thank you for the review and showing guests the +/-'s of the experience you encountered at the hotel. I am happy to see you enjoyed your condo and it's views. I am happy to announce we are going to be upgrading the down stairs gym, spa, hot tub and pool area this coming spring. This will give the hotel and its amenities a more welcoming feeling throughout the hotel. I hope you will get a chance to come back next year to see the beautiful upgrades once the project is completed.

Again, thank you for the review and hope you have safe travels back to Toronto.

Shadow Ridge Hotel, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

We had a fun stay and the hotel staff was very helpful with our checking out problem. We had a very late flight and Ashley with the help from her supervisor was able to extend our check out time to 5pm so that we had a place to shower and prepare for our flight home. Thanks for a great trip!

• Stayed January 2013
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Philip,

Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you recognizing one of our employees "Ashley" in your review. We strive on giving all guests 100% great customer service and in making sure we can do our best to take care of all your needs.

Hope you have a safe trip back home and look forward to your return.

Morganville, New Jersey, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Wonderful condo at Park City Mountain Resort base. Shadow Ridge Resort offers walk-to-lifts (1 minute). We stayed in Unit 306. Beautifully decorated, immaculate, very well stocked. Furnishings are high end in this unit. A true home away from home. We were so comfortable. This property has it all. Outdoor heated pool, hot tub, even a ski rental shop on premises. One block walk to bus transit center, with access to free town buses to anywhere (Main St, restaurants, bars, The Canyons, Deer Valley). Three world class ski resorts within 10 minutes.

Room Tip: We loved Unit 306; it is one of their premium units and well-deserved. Our unit had 2 bedrooms, 3 fu...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Eric,

Thank you for staying at the Shadow Ridge Hotel and writing a review on Trip Advisor. I am glad to see you stayed in one of our gems in the hotel. Unit 306's owner has taken great pride to provide guests with a 'home away from home' feeling. Again, I do appreciate you taking the time to write the review and look forward to your return.

Safe travels!

Rochester, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed at Shadowridge for New Years trip. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Free shuttle service to local area. Great ski rental shop right in lobby. Easy access to lifts. Beautiful rooms, our 2 bed condo had three bathrooms and daily maid service. Couldn't ask for anything better!

• Stayed December 2012
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for coming to Park City and celebrating at the Shadow Ridge Hotel for New Years! I appreciate the business and look forward to your return.

Safe Travels back to Michigan.

Escondido, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I understand that I stayed during the holiday and they were booked but the service overall was not good. Our room was not ready when we arrived. The thermostat was non functional and had to be repaired on day one. Maid service was terrible, all they did was empty the trash and sometimes had enough towels left to provide clean ones. They skipped one day entirely, and never vacuumed in 7 days and when they showed up it was 4:30-5:30 PM when we were getting back from the slopes. Very inconvenient! It is not likely that we will stay here again unless it is a killer deal. We have had much better in Park City. The room was very dark! I mean lights must be on all day even when the sun is shining! Don't expect any help in the kitchen with leftover spices, Not even salt and pepper. the service staff must clean this out after every guest leaves. If I owned this unit and that happened to me, I would be furious. I have stayed in many condo rentals and there is always something. Everyone buys essentials like this while on vacation and leaves it for the next tenant. Not so here.

Room Tip: Need to ask if the your specific room has been renovated and when. The unit(s) we had were very dat...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guests,

Thank you for booking at the Shadow Ridge Hotel. I am sorry you didn't receive a condo unit up to your standards. Reading your review you mentioned how housekeeping didn't clean your room one day, would being cleaning your room in the evening hours and didn't vacuum the room the 7 days you were in house. This is unacceptable for the hotel standards and I will review these action items with my housekeeping Manager. I do appreciate you expressing your feelings about the hotel and how you think there should be guest essentials (spices, salt, pepper, etc.) in each room. Please keep in mind when booking many condo facilities in Park City there could be a difference between each room based on each room being individually owned. At the hotel we do provide guests an option with Premium and Standard rooms. This gives the guest the ability/chance to book an up-to-date room when they arrive. If you have any other questions please feel to reach out to me.

Again, Thank you for the review and expressing your feelings. It helps the hotel grow and become better for future guests.

Sagamore Beach, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed here for our annual pre-Christmas ski trip and really enjoyed it. They were not overly busy most of the week so it was wonderfully quiet (except for the snow plows) and the location was great. The furnishings were comfy, the staff very helpful, and we liked having a laundry available. The only inconvenience was that there was no pen and paper by the phone-or anywhere. We'd stay here again.

Room Tip: If staying during warm weather, balcony noise will be a factor as voices carry.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Branden P, Front Office Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review. I'm happy to hear that you had a good experience at The Shadow Ridge Hotel. We would love to see you again soon.

Thank You and Happy Holidays.

Karina Olivas
Front Desk Manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel because he was invited to present at a conference that was being held there. There were some good things, some strange things, some bad things, and one egregious thing about our stay experience.

Good points: friendly and courteous staff (they let us check in really early), convenient location (free Park City bus service stops close by), large room (big enough for 2 queen size beds and then some), comfortable enough beds (better than average for a hotel bed), & low room rates.

Strange points: room appeared unfinished (there was no shower curtain liner; there were discarded ceiling hooks stored in the nightstand; only the top drawer of a 3-drawer dresser functioned properly) & only limited housekeeping service is offered.

Bad points: not enough light in the room (only 3 table lamps for a large room), not enough furniture in the room (no desk or chair even though there was plenty of space for them), the window treatments (wood shutters) were broken; & the elevator broke down twice during our 4-night stay.

Overall, the hotel stay was okay, but for one thing that gives this hotel a "terrible" rating. When I returned to the room after breakfast one morning, I found the deadbolt propping the door open. The room was dark and there was no sign of housekeeping in the hall or adjacent rooms. When I entered the room (by merely pushing the door open), it was clear that housekeeping had serviced the room. I immediately rushed down to the front desk to complain about the open door. The front desk blamed housekeeping for the security breach but did not adequately apologize for the incident or ask me if anything from my room was missing. Needless to say, I did not request further housekeeping services during the remainder of my stay.

I could deal with the good, the strange, and even the bad things about our hotel stay, but the fact that housekeeping left our door open after servicing the room is inexcusable. Furthermore, at any reputable hotel the management would have been effusive in their apologies and have striven to ensure that our valuables were not missing. Not so at Shadow Ridge. We will not be staying there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you for expressing your views on Trip Advisor even though you weren't pleased with your stay. When reading through your review I would like to point out a few items.

1) Thank you for acknowledging the staff and on letting you check in early. Which was a few hours before the 4:00 pm check-in time. Also, in stating you had a pleasant room with upgraded bedding and that the room rates were acceptable to your needs during your conference.

2) At the beginning of your stay you mentioned you had a missing shower curtain. This issue was addressed within hours. As for the ceiling hooks in the night stand and the 3-drawer dresser not working properly I do apologize for the inconvenience. I will address this issue with my maintenance team to make sure no other guests have the same issue.

3) As for not enough lights and not enough furniture in the condo (Hotel Rooms), please keep in mind that all these rooms at the Shadow Ridge Hotel are individually owned. I will talk to the owner to see if we can do anything such as adding a few items to address your complaint. The elevator was going through a routine maintenance check up for the up-coming Christmas check-ins. As you stated you felt that this elevator was broken during your four night stay. I do apologize for the inconvenience that this may caused. We did have another elevator in the building that guests could use when the other elevator was not working.

4) Addressing the major issue to your review: Housekeeping did a towel and trash each day you were staying at the Shadow Ridge Hotel, which was complimentary to your conference group. As you stated you returned to your room after breakfast and saw that the deadbolt was open. Yes, you did immediately rush to the front desk and talked to me personally. I was very open to your complaint and did talk to my housekeeping and maintenance teams right after the issue was brought up. There was no blaming on either party but me as the General Manager of the hotel. I take full responsibility and am truly sorry you had to experience something like that at my hotel. Please keep in mind that we did ask if you would like any compensation, anything we could do to help ease the issue and/or help address any other issues "if" there was any missing items.

Finally, I'd like to say I am truly sorry for the deadbolt issue and you as a guest not feeling that our apologizes weren't up to your standard. I will address these issues with my Front Desk, Housekeeping and Maintenance teams so we will not have another issue like this in the future.

Thank you for the review and hopefully I was able to address your issues.

Safe Travels and Happy Holidays.

Shadow Ridge Hotel, GM

Been to Shadow Ridge Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Shadow Ridge Resort

Address: 50 Shadow Ridge Rd, Park City, UT 84060
Location: United States > Utah > Wasatch Range > Park City
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#4 Top resorts Hotel in Park City
#21 Family Hotel in Park City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Shadow Ridge Resort 2.5*

Stunning views and uncommon affordability make this resort property an ideal destination for couples, friends, families, and of course, larger business groups - home to more than 4,000 square feet of meeting space between four rooms.

Besides Shadow Ridge's exceptional proximity to the ski resort, guests enjoy being close to the galleries, restaurants, boutiques, and nightlife of Park City's Historic Main Street -- just a short half-mile walk or an even shorter half-mile ride via our complimentary on-demand shuttle service. And guests will find no easier access to ski and snowboard rentals than the clothing and rental shop that neighbors the front desk in our newly-remodeled lobby. Moreover, the Park City Municipal Golf Course is just steps away and transforms into a cross country skier's dream in winter, winding through rolling low hills and snow-tipped old growth trees.

Choose from a variety of accommodations, including everything from smaller hotel rooms with cozy private balconies to spacious 1- and 2-bedroom condos complete with full kitchens, warm fireplaces, and comfortable dining areas.

... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Shadow Ridge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Shadow Ridge Hotel Park City
Shadow Ridge Park City
Shadow Ridge Resort Park City, Utah

If you own or manage Shadow Ridge Resort, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.