“Park City Vacation Condo” 5 of 5 stars

Shadow Ridge Resort
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   50 Shadow Ridge Rd, Park City, UT 84060   |
Ranked #25 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Morganville, New Jersey, USA
“Park City Vacation Condo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Wonderful condo at Park City Mountain Resort base. Shadow Ridge Resort offers walk-to-lifts (1 minute). We stayed in Unit 306. Beautifully decorated, immaculate, very well stocked. Furnishings are high end in this unit. A true home away from home. We were so comfortable. This property has it all. Outdoor heated pool, hot tub, even a ski rental shop on premises. One block walk to bus transit center, with access to free town buses to anywhere (Main St, restaurants, bars, The Canyons, Deer Valley). Three world class ski resorts within 10 minutes.

Room Tip: We loved Unit 306; it is one of their premium units and well-deserved. Our unit had 2 bedrooms, 3 fu...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Eric,

Thank you for staying at the Shadow Ridge Hotel and writing a review on Trip Advisor. I am glad to see you stayed in one of our gems in the hotel. Unit 306's owner has taken great pride to provide guests with a 'home away from home' feeling. Again, I do appreciate you taking the time to write the review and look forward to your return.

Safe travels!

Shadow Ridge Hotel, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Rochester, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed at Shadowridge for New Years trip. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Free shuttle service to local area. Great ski rental shop right in lobby. Easy access to lifts. Beautiful rooms, our 2 bed condo had three bathrooms and daily maid service. Couldn't ask for anything better!

• Stayed December 2012
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for coming to Park City and celebrating at the Shadow Ridge Hotel for New Years! I appreciate the business and look forward to your return.

Safe Travels back to Michigan.

Escondido, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I understand that I stayed during the holiday and they were booked but the service overall was not good. Our room was not ready when we arrived. The thermostat was non functional and had to be repaired on day one. Maid service was terrible, all they did was empty the trash and sometimes had enough towels left to provide clean ones. They skipped one day entirely, and never vacuumed in 7 days and when they showed up it was 4:30-5:30 PM when we were getting back from the slopes. Very inconvenient! It is not likely that we will stay here again unless it is a killer deal. We have had much better in Park City. The room was very dark! I mean lights must be on all day even when the sun is shining! Don't expect any help in the kitchen with leftover spices, Not even salt and pepper. the service staff must clean this out after every guest leaves. If I owned this unit and that happened to me, I would be furious. I have stayed in many condo rentals and there is always something. Everyone buys essentials like this while on vacation and leaves it for the next tenant. Not so here.

Room Tip: Need to ask if the your specific room has been renovated and when. The unit(s) we had were very dat...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guests,

Thank you for booking at the Shadow Ridge Hotel. I am sorry you didn't receive a condo unit up to your standards. Reading your review you mentioned how housekeeping didn't clean your room one day, would being cleaning your room in the evening hours and didn't vacuum the room the 7 days you were in house. This is unacceptable for the hotel standards and I will review these action items with my housekeeping Manager. I do appreciate you expressing your feelings about the hotel and how you think there should be guest essentials (spices, salt, pepper, etc.) in each room. Please keep in mind when booking many condo facilities in Park City there could be a difference between each room based on each room being individually owned. At the hotel we do provide guests an option with Premium and Standard rooms. This gives the guest the ability/chance to book an up-to-date room when they arrive. If you have any other questions please feel to reach out to me.

Again, Thank you for the review and expressing your feelings. It helps the hotel grow and become better for future guests.

Sagamore Beach, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed here for our annual pre-Christmas ski trip and really enjoyed it. They were not overly busy most of the week so it was wonderfully quiet (except for the snow plows) and the location was great. The furnishings were comfy, the staff very helpful, and we liked having a laundry available. The only inconvenience was that there was no pen and paper by the phone-or anywhere. We'd stay here again.

Room Tip: If staying during warm weather, balcony noise will be a factor as voices carry.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Branden P, Front Office Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review. I'm happy to hear that you had a good experience at The Shadow Ridge Hotel. We would love to see you again soon.

Thank You and Happy Holidays.

Karina Olivas
Front Desk Manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel because he was invited to present at a conference that was being held there. There were some good things, some strange things, some bad things, and one egregious thing about our stay experience.

Good points: friendly and courteous staff (they let us check in really early), convenient location (free Park City bus service stops close by), large room (big enough for 2 queen size beds and then some), comfortable enough beds (better than average for a hotel bed), & low room rates.

Strange points: room appeared unfinished (there was no shower curtain liner; there were discarded ceiling hooks stored in the nightstand; only the top drawer of a 3-drawer dresser functioned properly) & only limited housekeeping service is offered.

Bad points: not enough light in the room (only 3 table lamps for a large room), not enough furniture in the room (no desk or chair even though there was plenty of space for them), the window treatments (wood shutters) were broken; & the elevator broke down twice during our 4-night stay.

Overall, the hotel stay was okay, but for one thing that gives this hotel a "terrible" rating. When I returned to the room after breakfast one morning, I found the deadbolt propping the door open. The room was dark and there was no sign of housekeeping in the hall or adjacent rooms. When I entered the room (by merely pushing the door open), it was clear that housekeeping had serviced the room. I immediately rushed down to the front desk to complain about the open door. The front desk blamed housekeeping for the security breach but did not adequately apologize for the incident or ask me if anything from my room was missing. Needless to say, I did not request further housekeeping services during the remainder of my stay.

I could deal with the good, the strange, and even the bad things about our hotel stay, but the fact that housekeeping left our door open after servicing the room is inexcusable. Furthermore, at any reputable hotel the management would have been effusive in their apologies and have striven to ensure that our valuables were not missing. Not so at Shadow Ridge. We will not be staying there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you for expressing your views on Trip Advisor even though you weren't pleased with your stay. When reading through your review I would like to point out a few items.

1) Thank you for acknowledging the staff and on letting you check in early. Which was a few hours before the 4:00 pm check-in time. Also, in stating you had a pleasant room with upgraded bedding and that the room rates were acceptable to your needs during your conference.

2) At the beginning of your stay you mentioned you had a missing shower curtain. This issue was addressed within hours. As for the ceiling hooks in the night stand and the 3-drawer dresser not working properly I do apologize for the inconvenience. I will address this issue with my maintenance team to make sure no other guests have the same issue.

3) As for not enough lights and not enough furniture in the condo (Hotel Rooms), please keep in mind that all these rooms at the Shadow Ridge Hotel are individually owned. I will talk to the owner to see if we can do anything such as adding a few items to address your complaint. The elevator was going through a routine maintenance check up for the up-coming Christmas check-ins. As you stated you felt that this elevator was broken during your four night stay. I do apologize for the inconvenience that this may caused. We did have another elevator in the building that guests could use when the other elevator was not working.

4) Addressing the major issue to your review: Housekeeping did a towel and trash each day you were staying at the Shadow Ridge Hotel, which was complimentary to your conference group. As you stated you returned to your room after breakfast and saw that the deadbolt was open. Yes, you did immediately rush to the front desk and talked to me personally. I was very open to your complaint and did talk to my housekeeping and maintenance teams right after the issue was brought up. There was no blaming on either party but me as the General Manager of the hotel. I take full responsibility and am truly sorry you had to experience something like that at my hotel. Please keep in mind that we did ask if you would like any compensation, anything we could do to help ease the issue and/or help address any other issues "if" there was any missing items.

Finally, I'd like to say I am truly sorry for the deadbolt issue and you as a guest not feeling that our apologizes weren't up to your standard. I will address these issues with my Front Desk, Housekeeping and Maintenance teams so we will not have another issue like this in the future.

Thank you for the review and hopefully I was able to address your issues.

Safe Travels and Happy Holidays.

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I loved this condo hotel! Everything I needed from the comfort of the decor to the kitchen utensils. I could have stay forever. Beautiful fireplace, cozy furnishings from a showroom floor. My unit had upscale finishes and a relaxed ambiance. The staff was great and the location made getting around a breeze. Only the beauty of the surroundings surpassed the atmosphere of the condo. I'll be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Lisa,

Thank you so much for the review. I am glad to see you had a "Fantastic stay" at Shadow Ridge Hotel. We look forward to your return and hope you have safe travels back to Cabo San Lucas.

Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Branden Peck
General Manager of Shadow Ridge Hotel.
Rock Springs, WY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We arrived at approximately 10:30 pm to find the hotel locked up. Looking through the front entrance we realized the registration window was closed (metal security pull-down type). There was a piece of paper taped to the door with "after hour check-in procedures". We called and listened to the lengthy menu and finally were transferred to a very polite person who walked us through the whole process. CC for incidentals, they then gave us an access code (don't know what incidental charges you could incur but...okay). We were instructed to park in the underground parking structure, take the second right. The sidewalk at the entrance of the parking garage was under construction and really tested the undercarriage of our car just getting into the driveway. We then took the elevator to the 4th floor. Walking through the hall it was evident that there is absolutely no insulation between the living areas and the hall as it was extremely loud and you could hear detailed conversations just by passing by. However, once in side our room it was quiet....until 1a.m. when a party arrived and decided to visit in the hall for several minutes. The room was dated....stains in the carpet....dried leaves on the carpet near the sliding glass door (vaccuum?) Water stain on the nightstand (not a blister, it just was not dusted or wiped off). There was not a single cup in the room to get a drink of water with, plastic or otherwise. I would have traded any of the many moose characters that adorned the dresser and armoir for a cup when I went to brush my teeth. They had a coffee pot, again no cups. One garbage receptacle for the entire room. A dusty hand held Dirt Devil on the top shelf next to the blanket. (I think it blew it's bag....it was really dusty, maybe when they were trying to vacuum the leaves.) Notes taped to the wall with instructions to the thermostat - not to use it....to the wall near the verticle blinds how to operate them. No menu for the TV. The shower curtain had black mold growing on the bottom of it. Hmmm.....guess we won't be staying there when the snow flies and the ski resort opens for the season.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Branden P, General Manager at Shadow Ridge Resort, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to express the issues you had at the hotel. Due to summer hours still being in effect we ask all guests to call before hand if they will be arriving after-hours. Summer hours of operation are from 9am -5pm. Winter starting Dec. 1st, we will be going to a 24hr front desk to help guests anytime day or night. As for your the construction and the parking garage issue I will take full responsibility on not informing the staff correctly on how to park after-hours. As for the housekeeping issues, its not acceptable that you had to go through what you did. I will take the issues straight to my housekeeping Manager so they are well aware of the issues you encountered. I would love for you to come back again and experience the hotel in the winter. Please call me directly and I am more than happy take care of your on your next stay. Again, thank you for the review and showing us where we need to work on for our future guests.

Thanks,

Shadow Ridge Hotel, GM

Been to Shadow Ridge Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Shadow Ridge Resort

Address: 50 Shadow Ridge Rd, Park City, UT 84060
Location: United States > Utah > Wasatch Range > Park City
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#4 Top resorts Hotel in Park City
#20 Business Hotel in Park City
#23 Family Hotel in Park City
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Shadow Ridge Resort 2.5*

Stunning views and uncommon affordability make this resort property an ideal destination for couples, friends, families, and of course, larger business groups - home to more than 4,000 square feet of meeting space between four rooms.

Besides Shadow Ridge's exceptional proximity to the ski resort, guests enjoy being close to the galleries, restaurants, boutiques, and nightlife of Park City's Historic Main Street -- just a short half-mile walk or an even shorter half-mile ride via our complimentary on-demand shuttle service. And guests will find no easier access to ski and snowboard rentals than the clothing and rental shop that neighbors the front desk in our newly-remodeled lobby. Moreover, the Park City Municipal Golf Course is just steps away and transforms into a cross country skier's dream in winter, winding through rolling low hills and snow-tipped old growth trees.

Choose from a variety of accommodations, including everything from smaller hotel rooms with cozy private balconies to spacious 1- and 2-bedroom condos complete with full kitchens, warm fireplaces, and comfortable dining areas.

... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Shadow Ridge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Shadow Ridge Hotel Park City
Shadow Ridge Park City
Shadow Ridge Resort Park City, Utah

If you own or manage Shadow Ridge Resort, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.