“Cool Dive” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Park City Peaks Hotel

You added Park City Peaks Hotel to your Saves list
Park City Peaks Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2346 Park Avenue, P.O. Box 1778, Park City, UT 84060 (Formerly Radisson Inn Park City)   |
Ranked #27 of 58 Hotels in Park City
San Diego
“Cool Dive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Obviously this place is an older property but that gives it some charm. I felt like I went back in time to the early 90's and I actually enjoyed it. The TV's are old but watching them with the fuzzy screen gave me a nostalgic feeling of growing up. The pool is indoor/outdoor, it wasn't the most inviting pool I've seen in my life time but if your in a carefree mood it could be fun. Decent views of the mountain side. This place is the equivalent of a good burger dive in most US cities. With the right attitude this place works.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Guilford Ct
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The Peaks Hotel was better than I expected after reading some of the reviews here. The rooms were clean and the beds very comfy, yes there is noise from neighboring rooms but this is a hotel after all. The breakfast buffet was decent and nice to have before heading to the slopes in the morning. This hotel is right on the bus route which makes getting around Park City a breeze. The Hot tubs & pool were nice but the outdoor tub could be hotter it was more like a warm bath than a hot tub. We only had one meal in the sports bar and it was typical sprts bar fair. The one group dinner we had in the main restaurant was awful and I would warn any ski clubs going here to have their group dinner elsewhere !
The cookie man was an excellent touch and looked forward to seeing him daily. All in all it was a good stay at teh Peaks Hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

From the friendly welcome by the staff to the welcome party for our group, the Peaks Hotel was like a big family. We were informed of all the amenities while the efficient staff delivered all our bags the rooms before we even got upstairs. The rooms were spacious with two queen sized beds, lots of fluffy linens, and plenty of extras in the bathroom.
The pool and hot tubs were welcome places after skiing all day, as was the third floor bar and happy hour! Again, the staff could not have been nicer or more helpful.
Directions were given over and over again about the bus, the resturants, where to ski, etc. And then there was the "cookie man with cookies and hot chocolate" who wandered the halls waiting to be found about "tea time"....a great adventure for the kids every afternoon.
All in all, I have no criticism and all praise for the price, value and family feel of The Peaks.

Room Tip: Let the staff suggest a room!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This hotel did not offer any type of customer service. Tried to print a boarding pass and the computer was not working. The restaurant got my order wrong. I gave them a second chance and ordered room service.They burned my burger! How do you mess up a burger?
The carpets needs to be replaced and the windows need to be unlocked. it smells like a hobo peed in all the rooms. Maybe it is the melting water from the ski club croud. Dont use this hotel unless you have no sense of smell and all you want is a cheap place to crash after you ski all day.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
pcpeaks, General Manager at Park City Peaks Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
I’m sorry your experience at the hotel did not meet your expectations. My desire would be that guests who have concerns would bring them forward so that we could have had an opportunity to address them. Thank you for your comments, I have forwarded them to each department head.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We recently stayed at The Peaks Hotel with our ski club for our Spring break trip. As the Trip Leader, I was initially concerned the hotel may not meet the expectations of our pickier members, since it is "comfortable" but not "elegant". But everyone was extremely pleased with the hotel. They have wonderful beds, a fabulous breakfast buffet, good sports bar and restaurant on premise, and above all-- excellent, caring, attentive service from exceptionally nice people. Our members loved the pool and hot tub after skiing. The "cookie man" is a very nice touch. The location is close to Park City, Deer Valley and The Canyons. When we left, everyone asked if we could go back again next year.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your kind comments about the Peaks. We would love to host your ski club again. I am so blessed to have long time, caring employees who really want to make our guests feel at home. And I couldn’t agree with you more about the beds. When we shopped for new mattresses for the hotel I liked them so much, I bought one for my home. Thank you again for staying with us.
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Board is on a B and B basis and you are briefed that each morning it is a buffet breakfast, but a waiter will bring you coffee. OK breakfast but waiter should be Tipped each day!
Dinner is from a simple Menu, but good and well priced. Bar is a pleasant place.
Rooms are good - comfortable King bed nice bathroom, all you need for skiing

Room Tip: Lower room numbers are away from the Bar and lifts
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Homewood, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

It's the little things that count. Park City Peaks is not a four star hotel. It is a good value hotel in the middle of a reasonably expensive market. But it is the little things that make this hotel stand out.
The last time I was at Park City Peaks I learned about the all you can eat breakfast and the daily room delivered hot chocolate and cookies. Those are good enough perks, what really got my attention this time, though was their willingness to accommodate their guests AFTER check out.
We checked out of our room on Sunday, our intention was to ski all day, then catch a late flight home. The staff at Park City Peaks not only was willing to store our luggage for the day, they gave us access to a shower and changing facilities after a long cold day on the mountain.

It is the little things that matter, and I can afford to stay at much more expensive lodgings. However, the Park City Peaks is full of little things that matter most, and will keep me coming back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
pcpeaks, General Manager at Park City Peaks Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for staying with us again and for taking the time to tell about your experience on Tripadvisor. I really appreciate your nice comments and I will share them with the staff. I am truly blessed with a terrific group of caring employees. Thanks again for your post and we look forward to your next visit to Park City.