I wanted to warn other travelers that this "hotel" is by no means a hotel as you know it. There is no linen service, trash is rarely collected, the room was never cleaned, there is no hotel lobby to speak of, the only amenities of any merit exist in the adjacent Silver Mountain health spa and passes are not distributed as promised. After complaining for two days, I finally acquired two onetime passes for myself and my daughter and had to pay for my daughter to go to the spa on the following day. There was no phone service (down for our entire stay), the only way to reach the "front desk" (actually in Carriage House condos 2 blocks down the road) was to go there in person during business hours. Toilet paper and kleenex was not replaced and we had to purchase our own. Drawers were split and wouldn't open, doorknobs were dangling on the closet. We paid 165.75 per night for this experience (christmas holiday week) and to top it off, their check-out time is 10:00 AM. What a joke! This trip was booked through travelnow and is affiliated with hotels.com and point-travel. I have written to them and hope that they will drop this hotel and/or refund some of our payment. This "hotel" is not worth the aggravation. The rest of our trip (skiing and town ambience) was great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Park City like a local and enjoy breathtaking scenery, unparalleled skiing, mountain recreation, fine dining, and so much more. The Prospector Lodge and Convention Center, an official venue of the Sundance Film Festival, has ideal corporate meeting space and lodging facilities conveniently located within the heart of Park City. With ski resorts and Main Street only 5 minutes away, The Prospector Lodge is the perfect place to stay. Our privately owned condominium style accommodations offer a real Park City feel. Guests can choose studio accommodations with either one or two queen beds, a loft with 1 queen and a sofa sleeper, or a 3-bdrm condo that sleeps 8. Most units have full kitchens, many have fireplaces and some even have a washer and dryer and dishwasher, and all are within a block of the Silver Mountain Sports Club and Spa. We have a 24 hour Front Desk for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your The Prospector reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Prospector Hotel Park City
- The Prospector Park City, Utah