“Best all around value and location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Prospector

You added The Prospector to your Saves list
The Prospector
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   2175 Sidewinder Drive, Park City, UT 84060   |
“Best all around value and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

I would challenge anyone to find a more centrally located hotel in Park City. I made it to all 3 resorts over a 5 day trip. I rode my bike to PC mountain resort and also deer valley! The free bus took me to canyons, and it runs very frequently. I took the bus to Main Street as well, but I usually walked home at night, it was gorgeous at night in August. My room was updated, clean, I didn't see much staff, but they seemed friendly. The pool and hot tub were just fine. For an outdoor enthusiast this place can't be beat. The "rail trail" was right behind my building, and it pretty much leads you to any type of terrain you could ask for. I will stay here again, and will try and stay here over the summer. I have heard that rooms vary, but mine was just perfect. And you can't beat the price. No need for a car, walk to grocery store, restaurants, and then use the free shuttle for everything else. Overall, very happy with my stay.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

I've stayed at The Prospector before in winter, but this was my first summer stay. This place is a gem! Everything about our room was charming. We booked through the HomeAway website, listing number 346404. The owners have more than 1 condo so we are always able to find a room. The room was newly updated, with granite, a floor to ceiling stone fireplace, and a really comfy bed. Our kids slept on a pullout sofa, which we liked. It was nice to put the bed away & have extra playspace on the floor. The room was bigger than your average hotel room. The full kitchen made preparing meals super easy, and saved $$ on our trip. The heated pool was refreshing & very quiet...we had the whole thing to ourselves. And while we had a car, we never used it because the free shuttle stops really close to the condo we stayed it. We loved it!!! I wouldn't hesitate to go to this place, but seriously recommend booking through Vrbo or HomeAway. You'll find amazing deals like I have!

• Stayed July 2014
Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I loved staying here so much! The staff was amazing, they treated my friend and I so great and were extremely helpful. The location is also great and the rooms are really cool! I thought the staff was very efficient and answered all of our questions. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Bountiful, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

If your not into hotels like the Holiday Inn or something of that class than the Prospector is perfect for you for it is a step down. They have multi type rooms such as lofts, hotel rooms, and condos all of which are very basic. It is very centrally located to downtown Park City and to a few good restaurants which is a good thing. Would I go back? No. If you want a bed and no frills and old and need of new then this is the place.

Room Tip: Go to the Holiday Inn Express out at the junction
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
SEATTLE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed here for our 1 year anniversary. I would highly recommend spending the extra cash for a better hotel. The room only had one full bed. I assumed at the time of booking that the hotel standard was queen. There was hair left in the shower stall. The shower was also so small. The walls are paper thin. Our room was right next to the entrance and we were woken up by other guests who were coming and going all night long (the door slams every time it closes). Also we could hear kids running around all hours of the night upstairs. The electricity would also go in and out. The heater was extremely loud and would wake us up again every time it kicked on during the night. If we were planning to stay more than one night I would have checked us out and found a different hotel.

However, the front desk staff was very friendly. The only thing this place has going for it is the great location and the free shuttle stops right in front of here and takes you to main street.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Asbury Park, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

This is a "condo" hotel, meaning all the units are owned by pretty much absentee owners. And it shows. While they've just refurbished the lobby, the room we were in was at least 40 years old. The in-room heater made enough noise as a jet engine and had to be "restarted" by maintenance. Maid service was spotty to say the least. One day, the room wasn't even made up, the other days we got a potpourri of towels and washcloths. Sometimes two bath mats and no washcloths. No one ever answers the desk phone. There are no drawers to unpack your clothes and store them so we lived out of a suitcase. And we shared the "living" area with a full size refrigerator that, when combined with the noise from the heater provided a wonderful cacophony for sleepless nights. When we listed the problems with the hotel manager, she wrote them all down and said she'd call us back to resolve. NEVER heard from her. Avoid this "hotel" at all costs. You won't be happy.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Escondido, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Main area being upgraded. This will be nice when it is done. In Jan 2014 it was incomplete. Pleasant surprise with the room. Nicely painted and furnished. Everything worked and was neat and clean. On the small side but we did not spend much time in the room. Good value for a ski weekend.

Room Tip: Luck of the draw.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to The Prospector? Share your experiences!