“Perfectly Content” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   6975 North 2200 West, Park City, UT 84098   |
Miami
“Perfectly Content”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

This place is very cute. It isn't very fancy, so if that's what you're looking for avoid. But if your laid back then no worries. The place is in a great location and the staff is extremely helpful for a first-time traveler to the area. The prices are very affordable. I felt like I was one of the only people there, even though there are so many condos. It's very private and cozy. I will definately return to Powderwood!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

When I pulled back the sheets to go to bed there was a bunch of HAIR all over the bottom sheet! Obviously they had not changed the sheets..GROSS!! Also there were no sheets to the hide-a-bed where my other family members were to sleep. When running a bath for my grandkids the hot water was beyond any safe temperature and it burned my hand! I am just glad I check the water before putting the kids in! This place needs a serious property manager and housekeeping service.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
BHVManager, Manager at Powderwood Resort, responded to this review, January 28, 2011
Powderwood Resort is managed by All Seasons Resort Lodging and has new management for our Kimball Junction Resorts which includes Powderwood Resort. We are dedicated to ensuring that each guest receives great service and an excellent value. We have had some challenges in the past but those are being fixed!

Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

There were 9 in our party, 6 adults, 3 children. We selected a 2 bedroom, plus loft unit.
Upon arriving at check-in, I was immediately not impressed. Asked about some of the things we had requested as was told they had no special requests listed on our reservation.
Upon arriving at the condo unit, I was immediately dissatisfied. It was dirty. Looked like the fan had not been dusted in months, ants on the floor of the bathroom, hair in the second shower, and electrical outlets that did not work in the bathroom or bedroom.
The sofa sleeper was a real joke. Am not sure if anyone could have actually slept on it as the springs in the mattress were unbearable. Our grandsons were going to sleep on it, but chose the floor instead.
I contacted the front desk about the uncleanliness of the room and was met with a ho hum attitude. Manager of housekeeping did call, and they did send someone over to clean the fan, however, they wanted to do a full cleaning of the condo, which was just not going to be convenient.
The kitchen lacked any ammenities and the dishes and glasses that were in the cupboards were dirty. Had to wash coffee cups, wine glasses and drinking glasses before we could even use them.
When speaking with housekeeping I was told that they thought the unit was "owner occupied" and that was the reason for it not being clean. I found that to be ridiculous, as they should have know when they received the payment for the rental that it was not currently being occupied by the owners.
I would not recommend this property to anyone and do not planning on staying their on our next trip to Park City.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

The experience you encountered is night and day from the feedback we are getting from our guests. Our owners have done upgrades to the two bedroom with Loft units which makes for a much more comfortable stay.

Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

Our condo was neat and clean, comfortable and quietly located - just right for the two of us. Although we didn't use all the accommodations provided in the condo, we appreciated them being there for our use. The only thing that could be negative for some folks is that you have to go to a different location (about a mile away) for the key. But it was easy to find and no problem to us. There were plenty of bath towels, etc, in the condo, but if we had been in need of something, it could have been a slight inconvenience. The view and outdoor scenery around the condo was wonderful. And the price was great!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Winston-Salem, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2007

We needed an extra night as our favorite condo was booked, thus our stay here. It was dated, noisy, and just off the major freeway. Stay here only if you are on a tight budget, everything else is booked, or you are promised in writing an updated unit.

• Stayed March 2007
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Provo, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2007

My wife and I went to Powderwood for our honeymoon. She was hesitant because of some of the reviews posted below on this website. When we arrived we were thrilled. The condo was great. It was exactly as I expected. The decor was attractive and the layout was excellent. It fit all the essentials into the space available very efficiently. It even had a washer and dryer with soap sitting there on the countertop. The location was excellent. There were many stores and restaurants close. It was close enough to I-80, close enough to downtown Park City, and was right by the Outlet Stores. And still it was very private. We stayed there almost exclusively during our visit to Park City and loved it. Perhaps a reason for our success is that I did request to have a "newly renovated" condo. I don't know whether or not they met that request, but it was excellent.

• Liked — Beautiful condo
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Draper, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2007

I am nervous about staying in a condo because I find they often have a really nice unit they take pictures of an then the condo will be run down. This was not the case. The condo was as nice as the pictures. It was well maintained, very clean, and as good as advertised.

There were a few minor inconveniences:

-The office closes at 5. If you get there later than 5 be sure to have a code to open the box. I didn't but another person was accessing the box and let me take my key.
-The covered parking spots are very small. Ther person in the unit next to mine didn't carefully park so we were not able to park in the spot.
-The couches were very uncomfortable.

All in all, I was quite pleased and will likely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Powderwood Resort? Share your experiences!