“Perfect place for my first time in Park City” 5 of 5 stars

Old Town Guest House
1011 Empire Ave., Park City, UT 84060   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Park City B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
“Perfect place for my first time in Park City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This was my husband and I's first stay here- and we will definitely be returning!! Deb, Robin, and Robin's daughter were all fantastic!! Upon our arrival we were greeted by Robin, and Deb came in a short time later. They got us all set up and gave us plenty of ideas for activities, places to eat, and where to get rental gear (as my husband was trying telemark skiing for the first time). The location is perfect- about 10 minutes to the skiing area and 10 minutes to Main Street! We stayed in Silver Skis- yes you have to share a shower, but there was never a problem-everything was clean and Deb has tons of shower amenities if you happened to forget something. My husband and I thought the breakfasts were great- everything you could ask for; and it was a wonderful opportunity to get to know the other people staying there. Yes Deb does have power bars and
sodas for 50 cents each- however I thought it was great- I seriously doubt you could find those things cheaper anywhere else! Deb also has a computer and printer, which was helpful during flight check in and printing out our boarding passes. So, the house and our room was was comfortable, the hot tub awesome, location perfect, and the ladies went out of their way to make sure we had a great stay! I highly recommend staying here! Oh as a side note- parking is a challenge, so if you do not have to rent a car-don't! We took the free shuttle everywhere and it worked out just fine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed at the inn for a last minute spring ski trip. Deb and her helpers,Robin ,Elizabeth, and a few others were all terrific! Very accommodating, nice, helpful, and making the stay a great experience. Our room, The McConkys Suite on the top floor was great for our family of four, plenty of room. Even our kids aged 13 and 16 enjoyed their first B&B experience! The breakfasts were well prepared and tasty, the fireplace was great, and the location convenient to skiing, Main Street etc.
During our stay, everything was in working order despite beng an older house and the hot tub was a definite benefit after a hard day of skiing. Deb is a very conscientious owner and will do her best to make your stay enjoyable! We'll definitely go back!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The pride the owner takes in this property is evident from the pristine condition in which it is kept.
My room was spacious, spotless and included a comfortable sitting area. I very much enjoyed the breakfasts which were healthy and filling. Breakfasts afforded the enjoyable opportunity to chat with the Old Town Guest House's active and charming owner other guests about their skiing experiences and other social matters. As the owner said would be the case, it was a about a 10 minute walk down hill to the middle of Main Street and a little less than 10 minutes down-hill to the Pay Day Lift. Also, skiing back on the Town Lift cut-off took me to about 10 houses and a short, 5 minute, down-hill walk back to the Old Town Guest House.
Overall, the accommodations and service were great and during my entire 8 night stay I was made to feel at home.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

A friend and I visited the Old Town Guest House during Sundance. We stayed in Quit n' Time and Silver Skis. The rooms have their own bathrooms, but share a shower. This was never a problem and the shower room is well-outfitted with extra towels and toiletries. Rooms are not super modern, but the bed was very comfortable (my number one priority) and it was very quiet.

Deb and Robyn could not have been more helpful in orienting us towards the town, organizing our skiing and giving us tips on great restaurants. The breakfast was excellent and they were great about adjusting to our varied schedule with early movies.

Staying at the inn feels like staying at a friend's house - everything that you could possibly need is at hand or can be asked for. I did not have a ski helmut with me and even borrowed one!

The location is central to Main Street restaurants - fun to walk through the residential area. Best to store your skis and boots and Park City ski area if you are staying multiple days since it is a short walk down the hill.

Room Tip: Singles downstairs, Family upstairs
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

First and foremost, as a female solo traveler, I felt extremely safe staying at the Old Town Guest House. I stayed 6 days in Park City in early January, 2013 in the Treasure Hollow room. The room is spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was great; fully stocked with toiletries, scale and thick bath robes. Even when the temperature hovered slightly above 0 degrees, the water in the shower was hot and the room was toasty. The breakfast was always filling and the coffee was ready for me as soon as I was up. The afternoon snacks were a nice treat. Both the innkeeper (Robyn) and the inn owner (Deb) are skiers so they were a wealth of knowledge about skiing in the area. Upon the advise of the owner of the inn, I did not rent a car and that is the right decision for anyone willing to walk about and take the free city buses around town. The inn is a 2 minute walk to Park City Mountain Resort. From there, it is a short bus ride to the Canyons and Deer Park Ski resorts. The city buses are equipped to handle skiers and their equipment. I was able to ski all three resorts and found my favorite to be PCMR. Deb was also able to make arrangements for me to ski Alta and Robyn joined me for a tough day of skiing. The Jacuzzi on the back porch was the perfect way to end a day of skiing. When I was in need of a message, Robyn was able to book one for me on short notice with a wonderful massage therapist. I am not a big party person, so my evenings were spent either walking around the old town area of Park City or simply relaxing in my room near the fire place. The city was preparing for the upcoming Sundance film festival, and on one of my walks, I happened to come upon the art museum. I watched a free screening of a movie that was to be presented as part of the film festival. I also managed to catch a movie with Deb and Robyn. I just can't rave enough about how well I was treated and really feel I found friends in the wonderful women I met on this trip. I highly recommend this inn to any solo female traveler.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Tahoe City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My wife & I got the chance to stay at the Old Town Guest House around the 2012 PCPTP and were very happy with the choice. Deb sent us on various bike rides before and after the race that were spot on - bonus we rode from the house to the house!

Breakfast was great, hot tub was hot and clean, sun deck rocks and the room was quite, clean and comfortable. Location to walk to bar/food and Park Silly market was great.

Definitely will go back. If you are looking for an active vacation in Park City then try the Old Town Guest House.

Room Tip: A couple staying for a week and got to stay in the McConkey suite, thanks again Deb. The extra spac...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This had great reviews and I was looking forward to checking it out. The reservation system and response emails were well organized and timely. The Inn itself was average. The big deck was nice, but appeared sort of abandoned and like it hadn't been used in a while. The flowers looked tired. Inside, average furnishings, decent towels, and a comfortable bed with bedding that was in good shape. The toiletry amenities were plentiful. There were some cookies on the counter when we arrived. Sodas and other snacks were available at a nominal price of 50 cents each. I thought it was a little odd that they were selling GU labeled as being professional samples for 50 cents each as well. The bathroom was very small, with no place to perch toiletries. We shared a separate shower with one other room. The shower was clean and I didn't feel the need to use shower sandals. I think what was disappointing was the lack of owner presence. We never did see the owner and there was not much of a feeling of outreach of hospitality. It felt like this Inn is a business, period, which is fine, but one usually feels a little more "touched" by little touches when staying in a B and B. The gal overseeing things was very kind and good with providing info when we did see her. The breakfast was simple and tasty, but not inspired. Muffins, scrambled eggs, granola, etc. The location of the Inn is really good- just about a five minute walk to Old Town. So, all in all, it's a decent place to stay and I felt like the value for what we paid was okay. I'd stay here again, but might look around to see what else was available too.

Room Tip: Our room, Quittin Time, was private and quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MilesL, Owner at Old Town Guest House, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
During the time in which this couple stayed, I was leading mountain bike rides all day for the other guests. I had offered for them to join us, but they weren't mountain bikers. Of course the flowers on the deck looked a bit tired... we were in the warmest summer in awhile and watering to keep flowers looking super bright was not a good choice for water conservation. Not sure about the GU comment... GU is one of my sponsors for trail running... I love that I can pass on Gu's at such a reasonable price to my guests!! 50 cents for a GU!! What a deal!! I am not allowed to give the away... so at at retail price of $1.99 my guests love it!!

Again... I do feel bed for these guests arriving at a time when all the other guests wanted to be out the door and riding ASAP. I cater the the outdoor enthusiast... so some of our practices might seem "weird" to those who don't know what "GU" is or why things seem empty on an amazing riding day. We are enviromentally aware and do not over water the garden or flower pots.

Hopefully this clears up a few of their comments.

Been to Old Town Guest House? Share your experiences!