“darling place, walk to old town” 5 of 5 stars

Best deal in Park City!!
Ranked #2 of 3 Park City B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
San Francisco
“darling place, walk to old town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We loved our stay at the Old Town Guest House because we felt like a local in Park City. Easy to park, easy to walk to town, great relaxing deck, clean living room, charming rooms each with a different feeling. We will come back this winter! Our 12 and 9 year olds loved the place and the breakfast too! The McConkey Suite was large and easy to relax in. Thanks for making our visit to Park City so special!

Room Tip: Families will like the McConkey Suite. Bunk bed in separate room for kids!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

This review is long overdue – Deb my apologies!

My wife and I were attending the first half of the 2012 Sundance film festival in January. While searching for accommodations, I came across The Old Town Guest House. The rates advertised were reasonable for any time of the year, but especially reasonable for the film festival. So after checking other reviews on Trip Advisor we booked our 5 night stay. I received a great confirmation email with all the necessary information about the property and check-in procedures, as well as great advice for our visit.

Upon arrival in Salt Lake City, we took a shuttle from the airport and arrived in the mid-afternoon. As described, the check-in was “self service” and we had a welcome note with our key. We stayed in the Treasure Hollow room which was right off of the living room – the room was bright and spacious with plenty of closet space and a big comfortable bed.

On our first day we skied instead of attending the festival so we set out to the ski area. After a great breakfast and a couple of cups of coffee, we borrowed a community backpack and set out for a day of skiing. It was a short walk down to the end of the street and we were at base of the mountain. At the end of the day, it was another short walk back to the house – very convenient. The hot tub was a welcome relief after a tough day on the slopes.

The rest of the week we were up and out at the crack of dawn in order to view our early a.m. movies so we regretfully missed breakfast on those days. Again, the location of the house is very convenient - only a short walk to Main Street and even less to the bus stops on Park Avenue.

A quick word about the inn keeper Deb: Deb knows Park City, the mountains, and is a great host. She truly seems to love what she is doing and it shows! Don’t miss the chance to have a conversation with her – she has some great stories….

I have recommended The Old Town Guest House to many family and friends and plan to stay again on our next visit.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

My wife and I very much enjoyed our stay in the Treasure Hollow room at the Old Town Guest House. This is a large room, with a large private bath, small sitting area, large bed, big windows and separate entrance. It is on the main floor just off the living room, so it might be noisy if the inn is busy. It was very quite when we were there, only one other guest. The OTGH is an easy walk to Main Street, to the incredible yoga studio "The Shop" offering Anyusara yoga, and to the "library" where the local film buffs offer quality movies. We enjoyed the large outdoor deck, the warm and tasty breakfasts, the daily home baked goodies, and the friendly atmosphere of this well appointed but relaxed inn. Especially enjoyed the outdoor sport enthusiasm of the owner Deb and her assistant Sara. They really got us excited and helped us to have some great Alpine hikes, and bike rides. We will definitely come back

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I'm a photographer and travel a lot. When I'm in Park City, I always make a point to stay here. Since I am constantly on the go, I always make a point of reviewing reservation policies due to inevitable schedule changes. I have always found Deb to be of the greatest assistance when making alterations to my schedule. It is important to understand that a reservation is a two-sided contract and the the terms should be respected and understood especially due to the size of this wonderfully cozy place where holding a reservation means turning other people away.

Room Tip: I stayed in all of them and I love each room's character. Not a bad one in the house
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

We had a booking in Jan 2012, but due to injuries within our group and the bad snow conditions, we could not risk further injury, we unfortunately had to cancel. No problem, till Deb, the owner, decided to change our cancellation policy from that we had in writing when we had booked. Deb refused to accept the original policy she had sent us, difference? Lose deposit to charge for the full amount. A huge change. During the numerous emails, (she never answered the phone when we called or returned calls, and at times took several days to answer an email). We then asked for an invoice, but outright refused. Kept sending emails with what she thought we had paid, but every email had different figures on it. Not good enough to put in claim to Insurance. She even over charged more than the total amount at one stage. No apology at any stage, just excuses. Apparently due to legal reasons, Deb has no record of our booking once it is cancelled. I have since spoken to a Lawyer, and this statement by Deb is incorrect.
Over many years of travelling, I have never met a person with absolutely no idea how to communicate with clients, accept they could be wrong and apologise. We do hope to go to Park City one day, but will not even remotely consider this place.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
MilesL, Owner at Old Town Guest House, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
I would love for everyone to have a wonderful experience at Old Town Guest House and I am so sorry that this person did not make to the Inn. Our cancellation policy is very clear... and I am always happy to answer any questions you have regarding this. The weather was absolutely beautiful this season and the resort skiing was enjoyed by all.
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Great B&B. All the amenities that you would ever need. Warm and cold breakfast items, coffee was amazing. Healthy choices. I stayed in the McConkey Suite which is on the 2nd floor, the only room on that floor. Didn't get a chance to peek into the other three rooms though I wish that I had for the future. Two of the rooms have their own bathroom but share a shower. Didn't seem to be a problem. I was a little worried when I saw the disposable ear plugs on the nightstand, but they were not necessary at all. Quite, quite, quite. Owner Deb and Alice were great hosts. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor McConkey Suite has one queen, one full and one twin (the two later are bunk beds).
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Chantilly, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Stayed a week at this Old Town gem in Park City. My room was well-stocked and homey with a supportive warm bed, lighting soft yet plenty for reading, no shortage of hot water, and no problems with noise. Breakfast is the best meal of my day there, might be waffles, poached eggs, oatmeal, yogurt, coffeecake, or all of the above! Dietary restrictions are treated as a fun challenge rather than a burden. Loved the view from the hot tub on the deck, especially when it snows! Deb, the Innkeeper is super knowledgeable, happily helpful and makes me feel safe, most important when I go to Ski College and leave the family at home. Park City Mountain Resort is just a short walk down the hill and Park City's wonderful Main Street is also within walking distance. It's easy to stay fit walking around the hilly streets, and the town's bus system is FREE. A fabulous place for a vacation, with family/friends or without!

Room Tip: Treasure Hollow is my favorite.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to Old Town Guest House? Share your experiences!