“Location, Location, Location!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Ohio
“Location, Location, Location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Located across the street from Park City Ski Town Lift. Due to lack of snow, we couldn't ski back down but no worries, the lift downloaded as well. 6 adults stayed in connected rooms Silver Nugget 6205 & 6206. Plenty of space. In addition to two beds, there were two pull out couches. Walk easily to all the shops and restaurants on Main St. Short drive to large markets. Only negative was the segmented buildings. We had to go down to parking garage to go to the front desk and fitness center when we didn't want to walk outside. The hot tubs were at the end of the street..had to go outside once you came up thru Ontario.

Room Tip: Wasatch building rooms are closest to the Town Lift. Ontario building is closest to hot tubs and p...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Summit Watch, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
We appreciate your positive review of Marriott’s Summit Watch! Our team is delighted you loved the location and close proximity to the ski lift. We hope you can join us again in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in December. First, I'll say the location is terrific. It's right at the bottom of Main Street and I never had to drive anywhere. The hotel itself is nice. I would say my room was nothing extravagant. It was your average, clean room. The only problem I had (and it wouldn't dissuade me from staying again) is that it has an odd layout. It consists of 4 buildings that are not connected. It wouldn't matter if you're in a warmer climate but if I needed to run to front desk it meant me putting on my boots and jacket because it was in the other building. The fitness center is in the parking garage, and going to the pool and hot tubs ( very nice) meant I had to bundle up and then change in a locker room into swimsuit and then do the same thing leaving except now your soaking wet walking outside back to your room. It just didn't seem like anyone kept in mind that there could be 2 feet of snow when they designed it. I enjoyed the hot tubs though but I couldn't help thinking that if I had children that I had to bundle up and then dress and re- dress it would be a hassle. Lastly, I was with a group of people in a total of 4 rooms. I missed a bar. it would've been nice to grab a drink while we were waiting for the rest of our party before dinner. Utah has strict rules about alcohol so that could be the reason- not sure.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
MVCI_Executive, Manager at Marriott's Summit Watch, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for visiting Marriott’s Summit Watch and providing your positive review on Tripadvisor. We certainly apologize for the layout detracting from your visit and can understand your frustration with the amount of snow on the ground. We look forward to welcoming you in the future.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

My husband, 17 year old son and I stayed in a one-bedroom villa during Thanksgiving week. Location right on Main Street was really convenient - we walked Main Street numerous times and to the City Park as well and shopping (supermarkets, outlets, Walmart, liquor store) was less then a fifteen minute drive.The staff was friendly, extremely helpful, polite, professional; the unit was spacious (and we live in a four-story brownstone), very clean - full kitchen, dining area, breakfast bar, fireplace with very comfortable window seats and a great view of the mountains, wonderful oversized shower with plenty of hot water and a separate jacuzzi, washer and dryer, large tiled entry way with six foot bench and adjacent coat rack on wall (it was too early to ski but I can see how this would be so convenient when coming in from the snow to eliminate tracking it in throughout the unit) - the unit floor plan couldn't have been better. It was really comfortable and homey. I enjoyed the outside hot tub (I thought the walk back to our unit which was several blocks along the plaza would be daunting, given the outside temperature, but I walked back comfortably in flip-flops!) We had no trouble with Wifi. We even rented a DVD at the gift shop. There was plenty of parking available at all times. I would highly recommend staying here and look forward to returning.

Room Tip: We were in the Silver Nugget building - a corner suite -quiet and a lovely view of the mountains an...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your five-star review of Marriott’s Summit Watch! Our team is happy to hear your family enjoyed the villa and the many amenities at the resort. We hope to host you again on your next visit to Park city!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Pulling into the garage beneath the hotel, I had difficulty locating the elevator to the lobby. I found the layout of the parking garage (and the hotel in general) to be a bit confusing and inconvenient. I didn't find any other way to get to the lobby, but if there is, I would recommend it. The man at the desk was friendly and helpful.

Thankfully, I did not haul my family's luggage into the lobby because I had to go back down to the garage and drive to another elevator for a separate building. Hotel parking is $15 per night, but there were plenty of spaces.

We spent just one night in the one bedroom villa. The room itself was incredible. The room felt REALLY big. The kitchen was nice, but unremarkable. The bathroom was impressive. There was both a walk in shower and a two-person jacuzzi tub. The bed and linens are just what I expect from Marriott.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing main street.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We always stay at Summit Watch, great rooms, terrific, personable staff and a perfect location right on Main St. just a walk to everything and really convenient underground parking. The other reviews say it well. We'll be back next trip to Park City. Some rooms have better views than others, so if that's important to you, simply ask. Thanks Malcolm and Mark for taking care of us.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed in a one bedroom "villa" with a mountain view. The room was a nice size. A fairly large living area with a fireplace and full kitchen. The bedroom was pretty average, but included a great whirlpool tub. The tub is pretty much in the bedroom; there's no door between the tub area and the bedroom. Then there was a vanity next to it and a small, separate bathroom with a shower, sink and toilet.

The location is right at the bottom of the hill on the main shopping/restaurant road in Park City. The trolley picks up right across the street. I thought the room was a pretty good value given the steep prices in Park City. Although the room felt dated and old, it was well-maintained. The bed was comfortable and the tub was great. The kitchen was well-stocked with pans, silverware, etc.

We asked for a mountain view and technically received one, but there really was no "mountain" view. There was a hill that was none too scenic with a road right in front of it. The front desk agent asked if we'd like the mountain view we requested or a view towards the property/courtyard. I hesitated and told him I'd never been there before so I wasn't quite sure, but he didn't offer any opinion. The other view was definitely better as the courtyard area is actually pretty scenic.

The term "villa" is a misnomer. Villa implies some sort of luxury. What you get here is pretty basic, with the exception of the whirlpool tub. It's a basic one-bedroom apartment with a definite apartment feel.

My main complaint with this hotel was the checkout time, which was early. I can't remember if it was 10 or 11, but it was definitely before noon.

In spite of the somewhat minor disappointments, we would probably stay here again if we were on a budget due to the location, large room, and relatively inexpensive price for Park City.

Room Tip: Mountain view rooms are actually hill view rooms. I wouldn't pay extra for it.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This review is for the basic King guest room, not one of the 1 or 2 bed villas. This has to be the poorest layout I've ever experienced in a hotel room. The room is a long and narrow rectangle with the couch in front of the window at the end. Around the couch there are no side tables, coffee table, or ottoman. No place to set down a drink, snack, or anything. Just a lone couch. The TV is in front of the bed in an alcove, so you can only see half of the TV while sitting on the couch, even with the TV turned as far as it will go. The "dining" table is against that same wall across from the kitchenette, so you can't see the TV at all from the table. So the only possible place to see the TV is on the bed. Oh, and this ground floor room is exactly even height with Deer Valley Dr. about 25 feet away. So you get constant traffic noise and views of cars and trucks. I can't believe they stuck a Marriott Platinum member in this room.

Room Tip: Pass on the standard King room. I hope the Villa's are better.
Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Summit Watch, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at Marriott’s Summit Watch. We apologize the accommodations and room layout did not meet your expectations. We will pass along your feedback to the resort leadership and thank you for taking the time to provide your review.