“A great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Ranked #18 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Melville, New York
“A great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My four friends and I stayed at the Summit Hotel for our annual College Roommate Reunionin Park City, Utah. We had a very large two bedroom suite (king-sized beds) with two bathrooms (and an additional separate sink). large living room with a pull out couch, flat screen tv, fireplace, and super large kitchen and dining room with six chairs, The kitchen had a large refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, four burner stove, and lots of dishes, glassware, silverware, and serving pieces. It had everything you could want in a kitchen. I have stayed in many hotel suites, but this was the best.

The staff was amazing, they answered all our questions and mapped out our trips, including Salt Lake City, Sundance, concerts, Olympic Park and restaurants, They even had someone assist my friend with her luggage and wait with her until her airport ride arrived. There was some construction going on, but it was never bothersome. The only thing we had to go was go through the garage to get to our rooms but we had a car so that was not a problem.

The location is right on Main Street in Park City so we could walk to the restaurants and shops.

Park City is a very popular winter city for skiing but we found it to be a great summer place with many things to do.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have stayed at Marriott Summit Watch several times before so it was an obvious choice when I decided to return. Park City has changed much and along with it, this Marriott property. My room....great, and very large. (I will say its very presumptuous of the hotel for all of the messages left for me to go to the Lowery family, etc. Even the do not disturb door sign says, "We are hibernating") I travel alone.....don't rub it in! :) It did get old though. So as a Marriott Rewards member...how was I to know it was a Vacation Club Rental Property with all these different rules. What? Seems like I could have gotten a memo. But...and my main concern is no one mentioned that my lovely room....which I felt like I was held hostage in at times....was only accessible via a very dark parking garage. I never once saw a security guard. I again, walking alone, was intimidated walking alone through the dark garage. Yes Park City is safe and this was the front desks first rebuttal, however there is no getting over a fear. Fear is fear. If I had been notified, I would have booked differently. I was told I got an e-mail. Nope, showed the e-mail I received to the front desk. I stumped THE MANGER ON DUTY, No mention of the HUGE CONSTRUCTION PROJECT!!!!!!!!!
Sadly disappointed!

Room Tip: one that is accesible
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Blair, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed For A Week And Really Enjoyed The Room Set Up. Areas That Are Difficult Are Limited Parking, Pool Area Is Small. Played Texas hold'm One Evening And The Customer Service (Dealer) Started Belittling Womens Sports... Though We Were Going To Have A Fight! Overall Marriotts Always Try To Make Your Stay Easy.

• Stayed June 2013
home
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We just spent a week here using it as a timeshare trade. The room itself was great - spacious, clean and very well appointed. The downside of the whole stay was the construction they are doing. We weren't even allowed to use the front door of the lobby. This made things very inconvenient. It took us a long time just to find an alternate route to the lobby so we could check in. My advice to anyone thinking of staying here is to ask if the construction is completed. If not, stay someplace else.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We have done about 6 or 7 trades with interval and this was the best property yet. It seemed very new. The rooms were large with a hot tub bath in a bedroom with a separate shower bath room. The single lock off room would have even been big enough for 3 people. FREE parking in the garage. There is a shoe park (you'll have to google it) with a walking path right in back. Nice pool and several free activities during the day. Good breakfast, not great but good. We stayed at this place in June, but if you stay in the winter, the lift is right across the street. it was nice visiting in summer as everything was low key. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed here last week while traveling for work. My boyfriend stayed with me too, as travel allowed us to stay in Park City on Friday night and go hiking on Saturday. I Tripadvisor everything before I travel, and I have to admit that I was a little wary of the location due to construction. Having never been to Park City before, I used the GPS on my iPhone, and I was brought right to the parking garage. The address is located on Main Street, and there were clearly marked signs on Main Street for the Summit Watch's garage.

The Villa room we stayed in was exceptional: very spacious and well-kept. The decor was nice and the amenities were great. The bed was very comfortable, and I was surprised to not hear any construction on Thursday or Friday.

The front desk staff was extremely knowledgeable of the town and attractions, and the hotel was a short walk to restaurants and bars.

Overall, I think this is a great location. Each Marriott brand and hotel is different and has it's own character, and this one definitively met our expectations.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Falls Church, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We used a lockout (studio) this time, found it noisy. Could almost participate in neighbors' conversation!
The re-construction of lobby and entrance was definitely a hardship as well as the lack of signage in garages on the part of management to help clients negotiate the blanks. Very difficult layout and slow single elevator (given that you had to go through garage to access higher floors in different sections, see below)
Garage trash containers smelled- and we repeatedly had to transit garage for access to plaza, street and reception.
Other that, bed was comfortable and lodging in great location, right downtown.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott's Summit Watch? Share your experiences!