I stayed at Chateau Apres for a week in March 2013. I was looking for great location and low cost. Chateau Apres fit the bill: it's within an easy walk to the main entrance of the Park City Mountain Resort (even loaded down with skis) and to a main stop of the free buses to Park City's other ski areas and its Downtown. In fact, you can walk into town, if you wish. The outside of the Lodge looks quite dated but that is misleading: the inside has been updated (though some might say it's been "updated" from the fifties to the seventies - which may be true but isn't a criticism). For me, the best thing about the Chateau (beyond location and price) was its cleanliness -- and I mean really clean. The low room rate included breakfast, minimal but more than adequate -- no hot food except make-your-own oatmeal plus coffee and tea; lots of cold cereals, yogurt, fruit, pastries. It's tempting to call my room "no frills" but it included a very comfortable queen-sized bed, a sitting divan, a night table with reading lamp and alarm clock, a very ample bureau, large mirror, a very ample closet, a very up-to-date wall-mounted TV with many channels, a wall mounted telephone (local calls free), and a small private bath (supplied daily with fresh towels) with sink, toilet, stall shower, and medicine cabinet with mirror. Forewarned by prior TripAdvisor reviews, I brought a large bath towel with me. My one caution: a large person would find this particular bathroom uncomfortably small (at 5' 8", 165 lbs., I did not) so a call to the owner in advance would be well advised for larger folk in order to secure larger accomodations elsewhere in the Chateau. The hotel provides free wi-fi and a computer in the lobby (which I used to check e-mails, confirm my outgoing plane reservations, and print my boarding passes). The hotel is three stories and there is no elevator. I might have regretted that absence but, upon my arrival, the Chateau's owner met me at the front door and, without saying a word beyond "Hello and welcome", grabbed my 50-pound valise and led me up to my 3rd floor room, leaving me to follow with my ski & boot bags, feeling guilty all the way up. That initial courtesy and assistance was typical of him and his staff the entire week of my stay.
Bottom line: for value and location in Park City, Chateau Apres can't be beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chateau Apres Lodge offers affordable, convenient and comfortable lodging in Park City. We are a true "Skiers Ski Lodge!" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Priceline, HostelBookers and Odigeo so you can book your Chateau Apres Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Apres Hotel Park City
- Chateau Apres Lodge Park City, Utah