“Terrific Value and location for Park City Lodging” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Early Bird Special
Ranked #38 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Monterey, MA
“Terrific Value and location for Park City Lodging”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed at Chateau Apres for a week in March 2013. I was looking for great location and low cost. Chateau Apres fit the bill: it's within an easy walk to the main entrance of the Park City Mountain Resort (even loaded down with skis) and to a main stop of the free buses to Park City's other ski areas and its Downtown. In fact, you can walk into town, if you wish. The outside of the Lodge looks quite dated but that is misleading: the inside has been updated (though some might say it's been "updated" from the fifties to the seventies - which may be true but isn't a criticism). For me, the best thing about the Chateau (beyond location and price) was its cleanliness -- and I mean really clean. The low room rate included breakfast, minimal but more than adequate -- no hot food except make-your-own oatmeal plus coffee and tea; lots of cold cereals, yogurt, fruit, pastries. It's tempting to call my room "no frills" but it included a very comfortable queen-sized bed, a sitting divan, a night table with reading lamp and alarm clock, a very ample bureau, large mirror, a very ample closet, a very up-to-date wall-mounted TV with many channels, a wall mounted telephone (local calls free), and a small private bath (supplied daily with fresh towels) with sink, toilet, stall shower, and medicine cabinet with mirror. Forewarned by prior TripAdvisor reviews, I brought a large bath towel with me. My one caution: a large person would find this particular bathroom uncomfortably small (at 5' 8", 165 lbs., I did not) so a call to the owner in advance would be well advised for larger folk in order to secure larger accomodations elsewhere in the Chateau. The hotel provides free wi-fi and a computer in the lobby (which I used to check e-mails, confirm my outgoing plane reservations, and print my boarding passes). The hotel is three stories and there is no elevator. I might have regretted that absence but, upon my arrival, the Chateau's owner met me at the front door and, without saying a word beyond "Hello and welcome", grabbed my 50-pound valise and led me up to my 3rd floor room, leaving me to follow with my ski & boot bags, feeling guilty all the way up. That initial courtesy and assistance was typical of him and his staff the entire week of my stay.
Bottom line: for value and location in Park City, Chateau Apres can't be beat.

Room Tip: I chose a corner room on the third floor and it was very quiet. I can imagine that, when the Chatea...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Jason H, Owner at Chateau Apres Lodge, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Great location at a great value—that's what we're all about! Thanks for taking the time to share your detailed review with fellow travelers. It was a pleasure to read! Hope to welcome you back next time you're looking to get away.

Thanks again,

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Holbrook, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I booked this place expecting the worst because of how inexpensive it is and ended up being surprised of the value it offered. Yeah it's outdated & frozen in the 70's etc but if you are going to Park City on a budget, I can't imagine there are any better options than this.

The staff is very friendly and helpful, the location is 2minutes from the mountain/bus stop, a very close walk to downtown and also to a local 7-11. You can't expect fireworks for this kind of budget but all the tools you need to have a stay that is bearable are there. The included breakfast is super minimal, towels as mentioned are tiny, beds and pillows were pretty hard, not sure if there was even a thermostat anywhere near our room but at lease there was Direct TV and free WiFi much to my surprise.

Maybe its not a great place to spend a week or more for some, and definitely not for bringing your date, but for a cheap, extended weekend with friends where you can laugh off a few cheesy details, it is pretty ideal. I've stayed in some pretty posh places for snowboarding trips in the past but I would definitely come back here any year to save a few bucks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
It's great to hear that you're looking forward to your next visit! We're looking forward to having you back, and we'll be sure to keep your suggestions in mind for our future updates. After all, we want to do everything we can to make our guests feel at home! Until next time, thanks for the great review!

All the best,
Severn, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Early January 2013 stay. Owner managed. It's a nice feeling knowing that the person you are dealing with has a vested interest. You can tell that they take pride in the lodge and care about their guests which creates more of a personal feel to your stay. The woman that works the night shift is equally friendly and helpful. Clean and comfortable but do not expect amenities you may be used to in a more upscale hotel or some of the chains. Small rooms and bathroom but adequate. They offer a continental breakfast consisting of cereals, coffee, OJ and milk and fruit cocktail in the dining room. Would be nice if they had bananas or some other type of fruit. It is a great location with a short walk to Park City Mt. Resort or to bus stops for travel to Deer Valley or the Canyons. No refrigerator in the room but you are welcome to use one in the dining area. No elevator but only one flight up even if on the 3rd floor if you use the back entrance. If you have trouble with stairs or carrying luggage up keep this in mind. It's possible you could hear noise from adjacent rooms or the hallway depending on how quiet your neighbor is. The room doors are not that substantial. We heard voices coming thru the heating duct work in the ceiling. Don't let these things detract from what is overall, a great place to stay at a reasonable price for this location. It was my second visit and hope to be back. A skier's lodge!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

Chateau Après is an older no frills family owned ski lodge. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rates are pretty cheap considering the lodge is about 150 yards from the ski lifts. Although the place is older its well kept. Small free continental breakfast in the AM. Bathroom towels are a little small. No ironing board or hair drier if you've got a girl with you. No mini fridge. Chateau is about a 2 min walk to the bus stop which goes to Main St. My only complaint was there was no hot tub.
All said and done for the price and location it's pretty tough to be Chateau Après. I would definitely recommend it and stay again.

• Stayed February 2013
San Salvador, El Salvador
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I recently stayed in a double room at Chateau Aprés Lodge during Sundance Film Festival. The location is perfect, 10 mins walk from Main Street, 5 mins from the Mountain Ski Resort and really 2 mins from the nearest bus stop to take you everywhere you need to go around Park City.
The staff is really friendly and nice and ready to help you with all your queries.
The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Free internet, cable tv. Could not ask for more. There is no elevator but there is always someone nice to help you with your suitcase. Breakfast included.
I definitely recommend it. :)

Room Tip: There is also the option of booking dorms which I think is the only hotel in Park City having this o...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Green Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We love to ski, but because we live in Arizona we rarely get the chance. So when we book a trip, we want to go were we know there will be snow. We discovered Chateau Apres on the internet and it is everything they said it was. First of all it is the best price for accommodations in Park City. Second, it is less than a 5 minute walk to the lifts. Third, the original old section of town with all the boutiques and awesome restarants is less than a 10 minute walk away. The rooms are a little small but clean and there is plenty of hot water to shower with. We loved the free breakfast in the morning and the family atmosphere. We wish they had a hot tub, that was the only downer, but the price and location made up for that. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Detroit
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

We stayed at the Chateau Apres Lodge in February 2012. The location is excellent - a 2 block walk to the Park City Mountain Resort and less than a mile walk into town. However, the hotel is very, very bare bones. We wanted to save money, and we sure did, but we will probably stay somewhere else during our next visit to Park City. Pros - location and free continental breakfast (cereal, oatmeal, canned fruit). Cons - noisy neighbors, threadbare towels, quirky host.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Jason H, Owner at Chateau Apres Lodge, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Although I'm glad we were able to help you save on your ski vacation, I wish that the rest of your stay had left you with a better impression. While the minimalistic approach we take has made us who we are, we've made several changes since your last stay, and they've only made us better. We'd love for you to see them first hand! Until then, thanks for your candor.

Best,
Jason, Owner

Been to Chateau Apres Lodge? Share your experiences!