“AWESOME Spa!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 59 hotels in Park City
houston, tx
“AWESOME Spa!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2009

I didn't stay at the hotel but went to the spa. The massage was amazing! Normally I go to another spa in town but decided to try a new place and I'm so happy I did. The therapist was great and I left feeling so relaxed and rejuvenated. I visit a spa in every city I travel to and the The Sky Lodge Spa is at the very top of my list!

Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

285 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

First of all, if you have questions about my review, please contact the Hotel directly before booking your reservation to confirm the current problem. The Hotel is very nice. The rooms are terrific. The staff is friendly and helpful. The location is perfect. The stench is horrible. Apparently the Hotel was built on an old mining site. Currently, a terrible stench, that smells like sewage gas, permeates the entire building, especially the reception and the hallways, sometimes entering the guest suites. They are currently in communication with the city to rectify this problem. Until such time that this smell has been corrected, I will recommend that you do not stay at this hotel. The Hotel, which is a fractional ownership property, had a homeowners meeting to discuss the remedy for this stench problem, unfortunately, with no resolve. I have asked friends that live near the hotel to periodically walk into the lobby and take a sniff. I will re-write my tripadvisor review once the stench has been taken care of and give them the review that they deserve, which would be excellent. I feel really bad for the people who work there and smell this sewage regularly. I feel bad for the people who bought a fractional ownership.

• Disliked — The Overall Stench
  • Stayed January 2009
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
ManagerTheSkyLodge, owner at The Sky Lodge, responded to this review, February 3, 2009
The situation with the odors at the property is the result of issues related to the City's storm water drainage system and are not sewer related.
There is decaying organic matter (i.e. plant material) that has shown up in the storm drainage system over that past two weeks and it is creating a non toxic natural gas that unfortunately has a very unpleasant odor. When this situation first surfaced we immediately went to work with City and brought in several experts to investigate and address the problem. With help from these experts we have iinstalled storm drain ventilation systems as well as air purification filters at the hotel. We are now working with water quality experts and the City to isolate the cause of the problem and establish a premanent treatment solution at the primary source of the problem.
We have had very solid success with our phase one efforts to purify the air in the building and have had no odors for the past three days. We are continuing to refine our processes in this area.
We sincerely regret that this occurred and, while it is a situation that travels beyond our property, we have moved aggressively as possible to eliminate it from our property.
I was pleased that, in spite of the impact of the odors, the rest of your experiences with us were satisfactory.
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2009

This is a gorgeous property; room decor is top notch with fireplaces, hot tubs, fab bathrooms and well-equipped kitchen. The staff is very friendly (with the exception of one woman who seemed a bit annoyed with what seemed like everything) and helpful; they really go overboard on making sure they offer to help. (Chris was great!) The only odd thing was the fire alarm went off repeatedly (false alarms), we were told that the restaurant was having ventilation issues?!

The heated parking garage is great, and the bell people took great care to have our ski’s available at a moments notice.

If you are going to Park City, stay here! You will not be disappointed!

• Liked — Room decor, cleanliness, friendly staff
  • Disliked — They do not take pets, most high end properties will allow pets for a fee.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2008

Stayed there with David Byrne when playing in Park City. Amazing! Hope we get to play there again just so the band and crew could stay there again.
Full size pool tables in some rooms, all modern kitchen appliances, jacuzzi on my bedroom balcony, fireplace, etc. We had a great time!
Paul

• Liked — I would take it for my apartment!
  • Disliked — I didn't have a pool table in my room.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Bryant, Ar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2008

Very enjoyable stay. Staff very helpful and courteous. The snow and mountains were beautiful. Room was decorated in very modern style. Relaxing in the hot tub, which was on balcony, during a snow storm...Priceless. Free Wifi, parking,and a great breakfast next door.

• Liked — Hot tub on the balcony.
  • Disliked — Being so close to the lobby.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2008

The most fabulous hotel!! I've stayed in numerous luxury hotels world over and SkyLodge is in a class all alone!

The entire staff--from reception to bellman to transportation and housekeeping--were the most gracious, welcoming and professional staff I've ever encountered. They were entirely committed to making my stay exceptional.

The one bedroom suite was exquisite! It contained a full kitchen (equipped with LG and Jennaire appliances including washer/dryer), hardwood floors, 3 fireplaces, private outdoor balcony and hottub, shower with two showerheads, bathtub with waterspout in the ceiling, and too much more to name!

I was truly treated as a queen for a week!!! Southern hospitality has absolutely nothing on SkyLodge staff!! I will definitely be staying there again.

The spa, Amatsu, located within the hotel, is a must! As is the French Onion Soup from the restaurant!

• Liked — the room and the staff
  • Disliked — tv channel lineup
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
Orange County California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2008

The Sky Lodge is an outstanding Hotel. I have stayed there numerous times and it continues to be my preferred hotel when going to Park City. Hotel rooms are new, clean, tastefully designed and are very spacious. The rooms I have stayed in all have had a large kitchen and living room area which is great for entertaining. I especially like the private hot tubs on the balconies, great for relaxing and taking in the mountain views.

Service has always been excellent and friendly. In addition, the Sky Lodge is located on Main Street in the old town area and is within two blocks of a ski lift.

Sky Lodge rates as one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at and I travel a lot.

jbaumann

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Sky Lodge? Share your experiences!