When reviewing The Sky Lodge consideration must be given to the high prices of the accommodation and the question of value for money must therefore be a factor. The Sky Lodge is rated as 4-star but the prices are approaching 5-star.
We stayed in a 3-bedroom condominium (room 403) for 11 days primarily for a ski vacation for which we paid top dollar.
On the positive side:
• The rooms were comfortable and spacious but no better than more economically priced accommodation.
• The Sky Lodge is conveniently located for the Town Lift and the central bus station.
• The staff was friendly and helpful.
• In particular, the shuttle drivers offered an excellent service (the shuttle service is essential as The Sky Lodge is not conveniently located when shopping for provisions or accessing Park City’s main ski lifts).
On the negative side:
• There are many design flaws in The Sky Lodge. Perhaps the most annoying is the fact that there is a bar on the same corridor as some of the rooms (viz. on the 4th floor quite close to our room). If you want to enjoy the music and ambient noise of a bar without leaving the comfort your own room then this may not seem to be a disadvantage. However, we found this to be extremely annoying. The noise started in the afternoon just after skiing and continued until late at night. In addition, the bar is frequented by non-residents which raises the security issue of having non-residents wandering the corridors of the building.
• The smoke alarms are extremely sensitive. Making toast would set the alarms ringing with subsequent phone calls and knocks at the door asking if there is a problem.
• Many of the appliances (e.g. dish-washer, hot-plates for cooking, etc.) did not function correctly.
• Supplies (e.g. body wash, toilet paper, bathrobes, etc.) were not regularly replenished. This entailed having to request additional supplies personally from house-keeping. This may be nit-picking but again it’s not what you expect when paying these high prices.
All of these problems (especially the problems associated with the bar) were reported to higher management who subsequently expressed a distinct lack of interest. Obviously, the architecture cannot be changed overnight but I personally would not be willing to return to this accommodation under these conditions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Today, in the heart of Park City, tucked amongst the lingering history of Main Street's remaining legends-those of fortunes won and lost, of wild fires, rebirth and rebuilding, of movie stars and bar brawls-you'll find Main & SKY, a modern, 33-suite landmark that blends the luxury lifestyle and intimacy of a chic, private home with the amenities of a world-class destination hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Cheap Tickets and Orbitz so you can book your Main & SKY reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sky Hotel Park City
- Sky Hotel Park City
- Main & SKY Park City, Utah