“Stunning room in the middle of all the action” 5 of 5 stars

The Sky Lodge
201 Heber Avenue, Park City, UT 84068   |
Ranked #8 of 59 hotels in Park City
Redmond, Washington
“Stunning room in the middle of all the action”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

We have family in central Utah and we live in Washington, so we decided to book the Junior Penthouse for a couple of nights so that family members could come up to Park City to visit and stay with us and it worked out perfectly. This two-story suite has essentially two master bedrooms with private bathrooms plus a 3rd bedroom with a full bath that's shared with the upstairs living area. There's also a half-bath downstairs. It has a sofa-bed in the downstairs living room so you can host quite a few people at the same time. The master bathrooms are amazing! It makes you feel like you're in a spa. Huge walk-in showers, a large free-standing soaking tub (filled from a nozzle on the ceiling no less), and very modern fixtures. This suite also had a pool table, a media room (in addition to the living room), a full kitchen downstairs and a kitchenette upstairs, a 2-person hot tub on the balcony, flat screen TV's all over, gas fireplaces in the bedrooms and living room, and even a combo washer/dryer (although it's one of those european-style units that washes/dries in a single appliance, so it's not very high capacity and it doesn't dry very well). It was elegant, modern, and luxurious. It felt more like a high-end condominium than a hotel room.
The Sky Lodge is only one block off of the historic main street of Park City so you are within very short walking distance of all of the shops, restaurants, and attractions in that area. We weren't there to ski, but you could probably also walk down to the main chair lift from there, however the hotel has a free shuttle van that can drop you off or pick you up anywhere in the Park City area (the driver even took us to the grocery store).
The customer service was excellent. After the first night we realized how dry the air was and they sent up three humidifiers for the bedrooms. We also had a problem with a clogged toilet (it turns out a previous guest apparently tried to flush a remote control) but they were quick to respond and fix it.
Since we booked our room during the off-season, we were able to take advantage of a half-price deal on their website which made it an excellent value.
We did not take advantage of room service or the on-site restaurant. The menu looked amazing however it was a bit too pricey for a group of our size. There is also a large indoor hot tub and heated lap pool and an on-site spa and workout room.
If you're planning a trip to Park City, I highly recommend that you consider the Sky Lodge.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

287 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

The company I work for recently took a trip here during the summer, which included 25 people. As far as the hotel is concerned, it's in a great central location, the rooms are BEAUTIFUL, and the food is delicious. It was great to have a hotel with your own washer/dryer, jacuzzi tub, and kitchen inside.

The main reason why the hotel was amazing is because of the staff. As our guests arrived, each was escorted up to their room and given a tour by a Sky Lodge staff member, explaining how to use/find common items such as the iron, t.v., tub, washer/dryer, etc.

Pat, their Director of Sales & Marketing, helped our event run smoothly, whether that meant assisting with AV equipment, food, transportation, or even helping load pallets for outgoing shipments. We changed plans, rooms, and menus almost daily, and Pat accommodated us each time! He was very flexible and understanding.

To top it all off, when our coworker fainted on a hike, the Sky Lodge crew drove us to the hospital and came back to pick us up, waiting as she checked out of the ER. We were in shock that hotel staff would do that for us!

Absolutely beautiful hotel and amazing staff members! I would stay here again in a heart-beat, whether it was for another company trip or on a personal vacation.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful, but one of the 3 bedroom options has a pool table in it!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

My husband and I took our 3 boys to Park City. The suite had 2 large bedrooms (king and 2 doubles). The bathrooms were huge (master bath bigger than ours at home with its own tv!) and a great living room with microwave, toaster, frig, etc. The hotel was high design and high function. The boys favorite part of the whole trip was the hot tub on the deck! The hotel is in the very center of town next to 20 restaurants -- 5 minutes from both Deer Valley and Park City skiing. 4 televisions. Truly a remarkable hotel with great staff.

Room Tip: we had a 2 bedroom suite on the first floor. it overlooked a great courtyard and Robert Redford'...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

I really don't feel like I need to expand that much on my stay, because everything I was going to write has already been written by the other reviewers. This place is simply stunning. From the decor, to the rooftop jacuzzi, to the private balcony with jacuzzi and fireplace... My first reaction upon walking into the room was to ask if they sold time shares. I would've bought one on the spot. I've stayed at some pretty nice places like the W and other great hotels all over the world, and this hotel tops them all.

A few notes on the incredible service:
Pulling up to the hotel, we were instantly greeted by a valet who took care of all bags right away.
The front desk concierge walks you into your room initially to show you around, then has you sign paperwork once inside. Very classy.
They held our skis and snowboards for us in storage, and had them ready to go every morning when they took us to the slopes. We never lifted a finger.
Shuttles to and from skiing were great. A driver was ready within 5 minutes when we wanted to leave. When we called to be picked up from the ski resort, the drivers always arrived promptly with bottled water. Upon arriving back at the hotel, they took care of our equipment so we could go right to our rooms.
The cleaning crew was amazing. Our friend hurt his foot and couldn't ski, so he was there while they cleaned for 45 minutes to an hour every day.
They came by daily to make sure we had enough complimentary water and coffee.
When we were up at the rooftop jacuzzi, the hotel manager came to bring us warm blankets and fresh robes and towels.

I booked this deal on Jetsetter for an amazing $105 a night, and would have gladly payed way more. This will be my hotel of choice in Park City.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suites are wonderful. Our room had a patio with a view of Main street.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Richmond,VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011 via mobile

From the moment I entered my room I knew this was going to be a great place. The room was huge,beautifully furnished and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The restaurant next door that provides the room service was quite good. In summary, I'll stay there again next visit.

• Stayed November 2011
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

This was a wonderful, quiet hotel with expansive rooms along with top of the line furnishings. l loved the kitchen and all it's ammenities. We stayed in #202, while it is adjacent ot the lobby, I thought it would be noisey. I never heard anything. The private hot tub was a nice feature in with snowfalling. My wife and I have not had such a wonderful stay at any hotel, this was over the top.

The only issue was the shower (huge as it was), was pretty slick when wet. We notifed the staff just in case.

Room Tip: The rooms were very large, while we had a smaller suite (#202) located adjacent ot the front desk. I...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Wilmette, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

I stayed at the Sky Lodge for two nights in early November for business. I was at the lodge with a group of 70 so I got to visit and see a variety of rooms. In my experience, the one thing that elevates the Sky Lodge above other five star places is the fact that I truly felt comfortable and completely "at home" there. The Sky Lodge is top notch without being pretentious. Following are some reasons why my visit was so positive.

*The staff is friendly and they all seem to go out of their way to anticipate guests needs.
*The suites are beautiful and many have decks with hot tubs. Some have floor to ceiling windows. The views are great.
*All suites seem to have well-appointed kitchens, comfortable sitting areas and I even saw a suite with a pool table.
*The bedding is top notch, most baths seem to be Kohler and the toiletries are Aveda.
*The spa is very nice and has a beautiful Japanese tea room.
*There seem to be fireplaces almost everywhere including one in an outdoor sitting area at the front entrance.

This was my first time to Park City but I look foward to going back and staying at the Sky Lodge again. I have no other Park City hotels to compare this to, but I can only think of a few reasons why one wouldn't stay at the Sky Lodge. The lodge is located in town and very convenient to the slopes, but some might prefer to stay slopeside. And the lodge is expensive, If I were skiing from dawn to dusk, I might just want a place to crash. However, this is a good place for a family with a non-skier or with family members who don't want to be on the slopes all day. You can walk to all of the restaurants and shops in town. I can't wait to go back and would be happy to stay there any season.

Room Tip: Visitors need to think about what might be important to them in selecting a suite. For example, is i...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Sky Lodge? Share your experiences!