“Absolutely the best!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Wilmette, Illinois
“Absolutely the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

I stayed at the Sky Lodge for two nights in early November for business. I was at the lodge with a group of 70 so I got to visit and see a variety of rooms. In my experience, the one thing that elevates the Sky Lodge above other five star places is the fact that I truly felt comfortable and completely "at home" there. The Sky Lodge is top notch without being pretentious. Following are some reasons why my visit was so positive.

*The staff is friendly and they all seem to go out of their way to anticipate guests needs.
*The suites are beautiful and many have decks with hot tubs. Some have floor to ceiling windows. The views are great.
*All suites seem to have well-appointed kitchens, comfortable sitting areas and I even saw a suite with a pool table.
*The bedding is top notch, most baths seem to be Kohler and the toiletries are Aveda.
*The spa is very nice and has a beautiful Japanese tea room.
*There seem to be fireplaces almost everywhere including one in an outdoor sitting area at the front entrance.

This was my first time to Park City but I look foward to going back and staying at the Sky Lodge again. I have no other Park City hotels to compare this to, but I can only think of a few reasons why one wouldn't stay at the Sky Lodge. The lodge is located in town and very convenient to the slopes, but some might prefer to stay slopeside. And the lodge is expensive, If I were skiing from dawn to dusk, I might just want a place to crash. However, this is a good place for a family with a non-skier or with family members who don't want to be on the slopes all day. You can walk to all of the restaurants and shops in town. I can't wait to go back and would be happy to stay there any season.

Room Tip: Visitors need to think about what might be important to them in selecting a suite. For example, is i...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Everything about our time at the Sky Lodge was great. The room was more than amazing and the staff went out of their way to make us feel at home. All our questions about the Park City area were answered and our stay was perfect. Even with our early morning departure it was refreshing to have the staff ready and willing to make our departure go smoothly. Big thanks to John and the other staff members for making our stay memorable. (Sorry, not good on names, only remember John)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Wilson, Wyoming, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

What a treat it was to stay at the Sky Lodge in downtown Park City. My husband, one year old baby, and I stayed for two nights at this excellent hotel. The customer service was outstanding, and the staff was courteous, helpful, and knowledgeable about activities and dining in the immediate vicinity. The two bedroom suite was spacious and perfect for our family. Our toddler had a blast cruising around the room and the pool table. We were also able to get an amazing off season deal with a direct call to the hotel, which made our stay even more affordable. Overall a great family weekend, and we will definitely stay at this very special place again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

The location is perfect, nestled into historic downtown Park City. Excellent restaurants and shopping all within a short walk. We visited in early October and the views from the balcony of our one bedroom suite were beautiful. The hotel suites/apartments look very chic and modern. What we found however, was that while everything looked really “cool,” it was not always user friendly. For example, the double rain shower looks romantic and relaxing. But, the tile is exceptionally slippery and the water pressure is weak. I spent my first day in Park City with shampoo still in my hair as the pressure was not enough to get the shampoo out. The solution to this was to stand under the ceiling faucet which fills the tub. But this created an even bigger mess and more slippery tiles. I would recommend the hotel put at least one “regular” nozzle in the shower, with pressure! The bathroom sinks also look really cool, but they are not very deep and water spills out all over… another mess and slippery tiles. The bathroom lighting also needs to be improved.

Hopefully, you will be traveling with a spouse and/or very good friends/companions. There is little privacy in the bathrooms. There is a screen type sliding door – but you can see through it and it does NOTHING to eliminate sound. Although the toilet is behind another door, again, it does NOTHING to eliminate sound. For those of you looking for privacy in your balcony hot tub – think again. The hotel is located in the center of downtown. Other buildings face the hotel and there is little privacy on the balcony. Although the hot tub was nice, the jets were very weak. I would also suggest that the hotel invest in back-out blinds for the bedrooms. We were awoken early each morning, even when we planned to sleep in, by the sun streaming in through the windows.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and found the service to be very good. The hotel just needs to work out a few of the “kinks.” I would stay again, if the price was right – which it was in early October.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Just completed a two night stay at Sky Lodge for a Girls' Weekend. Great location, great room (2 bedroom residence), awesome spa, and attentive staff. This is the only place I will stay in Park City now!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
stansbury park, utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I brought 9 of my staff for a 2 night visit. We were accommodated with a 3 br jr penthouse that was amazing with 2 hottubs on the deck. The following night we took a suite with a pool table in the family room. Both rooms and staff were amazing. Location right on Old Main St. can't be beat. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Go for the large hot tub room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
La Jolla, Ca.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

Wife and I stayed here 2 nights on the way up to the Grand Tetons and 2 nights on the way back the next week. All I can say is how much we both loved the place. Everything from the valet to the front desk to the spacious suites, were first class. The hotel is wonderfully located on the main street of the historic part of town, with many restaurants to choose from.
As everyone else has said, the rooms are beautifully decorated, very large, and with hot tubbed balconies. The interior designer did a very good job in making the place feel warm and inviting. The bathroom was spacious, the shower wonderful and the deep free standing tub was a hit with the wife. The bed was super comfortable, and the place was very quiet in the evenings.
The ladies at the front desk were super friendly and made you feel welcome, as well as the valets.On our first stay the mountains were painted in fall colors.On our return stay we awoke to a white Park City, which was a great way to complete the sense of place of our trip. We both didn't want to leave and hope to return soon. Park City is a little gem of a city.
Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Sky Lodge? Share your experiences!