This hotel is in a small mountain town about 40 minutes east of Salt Lake City. It seems geared toward the skiing during the winter, and obviously the summer is the cheaper off-season. It's an older hotel that appears to have been upgraded - some of the older parts clearly show wear, whereas the other parts are more modern. The hotel is in an area off to the side from the mall and other urban parts, but within easy access to the slopes. The lobby serves as a breakfast area. It's very close to I-80 making it easy for travelers. There are a number of stores/restaurants nearby in an outside mall area - plenty to do and get. Some of it appears to be under construction to add more buildings. A Walmart is nearby too if you want cheap stuff.
Front desk staff was very nice/accommodating and got us a room with two queen beds. The beds were a bit soft for my wife's taste, but seemed ok to me. A dresser, table, mini-fridge. microwave, and coffee maker were provided (nice, and certainly not all standard in other hotels). Everything was clean and maintained. With the exception of our room over the pool area, we didn't hear much noise from the other residents or the road. The rooms seem older, so I could certainly see other travelers problems with thin walls.
Within the hotel is a place to rent a car, in-door pool, hot tub, exercise room, pool table (pay), and ping pong table. Breakfast in the morning was served in the hotel lobby. There was a large variety of almost every breakfast item you could think of.
There were several negatives however:
- The first room we got overlooked an indoor pool area in the center of the hotel. There were a number of teen/college students that used it up until it closed at 10pm. It echos badly in there and makes it impossible to sleep early in the evening. I recommend getting a room over the front desk, away from the pool, as we did on our second visit.
- The hotel has a confusing policy of charging a $1.50 "in-room safe warranty" fee at check-in - regardless if you want it or use it. They will remove it from your bill if you ask at check-out, but not at check-in. Maybe its some dumb agreement they have with the insurance company, but the only reason I can think of is to get a little extra from those people who forget to ask, or use the express checkout.
- The TV reception is ok, but not great. One of our rooms had an LCD TV that had distracting lines running through every channel (I checked, it was the signal not a loose connection). The other room had a tube TV - which looked better, but it was smaller and I couldn't find the remote for it. I didn't bother the desk to get a replacement (wasn't staying long), but it seemed like they would have if I did.
- The water pressure appears low. The shower has nice adjustable heads, but regardless of the setting it doesn't put out much water. Good for going green, but bad for taking a shower in a reasonable amount of time.
- The AC unit was loud, there were no adjustable fan speed settings, and it didn't turn off when the temp was reached - it was either manually off or on. Hard to sleep in.
- Breakfast could have been better. There was a wide selection, but the coffee was clearly instant (still powdered in my cup from the machine), the OJ was watered down, and the eggs were tasteless (probably powdered).
Regardless, I'd give it a 3.5 out of 5. True there are some problems you need to put up with, but you won't find many places offering that much value for $65/night (including taxes/discounts) in June. During the ski season I'm sure the prices go up, so the value may be lost. If you want a decent, safe, cheap place to stay with plenty of amenities, this is it. Just don't expect much in the quality department.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Landmark Inn & Pancake House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Landmark Inn & Pancake House Hotel Park City
- Best Western Plus Landmark Inn And Pancake House
- Best Western Landmark Hotel
- Best Western Park City
- Park City Best Western
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Landmark Inn & Pancake House Park City, Utah