“Best Western” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Crozet, Virginia
“Best Western”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I'll be honest we usually stay at the Hampton Inn across the street, but since that was sold out we decided to give this Best Western a try. Although the decor is a little dated, I found it was otherwise clean, the beds were comfortable, and the people working there very helpful and friendly. The breakfast had a large variety of items offered, but we didn't think it was all that good (waffles cold, etc.). It was hard to get the wait staff attention in order to get refills on hot tea or coffee. Overall, it's not a bad place, the price was right, and it's conveniently located.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ty B, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Landmark Inn & Pancake House, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
07nan – Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel… I have passed on the breakfast information onto our Food and Beverage Manager, so she can make sure this does not become an issue. We look forward to seeing you guys again in the future…

sales@bwlandmarkinn.com
800-548-8824

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

It`s a good hotel for its category level (3 stars). Approximately 5 miles from Park City City Center and by the side of a Wal Mart. Easy to reach all ski resorts (PCMR, Deer Valley and Canyons). Comfortable bed and pillows. The indoor pool and Jacuzzi are nice!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Ty B, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Landmark Inn & Pancake House, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
DRH7105 –
I would like to thank you for your response. We also have the Outlet Malls just down the street. (walking distance). So next time you are here you will have to check those out as well.. We hope to see you in the near future.

Thank you again!
Chester county, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Exceptional value for the money. Entire facility was dated but maintained extremely well from comfortable beds to a crystal clean pool. Nice selection in the sundries shop and a very courteous staff. I like the location so we could ski in either park city or hit the canyons depending where the fresh powder landed that morning. I was a first time customer and certainly see myself returning (for a ski trip with the guys). If it were a trip with the ladies and kids this would not be my first choice.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Peter R --
We agree about our hotel being dated… So I am happy to let you know that April of 2014, we will be going under a major renovation, updating the hotel appearance. We hope to see you again in the near future, or for your next Ski Vacation…
Warm Regards;
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I had the good fortune of coming to Sundance 2014 and here at Best Western Jamie Jones and staff are just the best! Every need met. Great people and accommodations. Highly recommended! Thank you Jamie!

Thank you!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Bee K—
On behalf of my entire team here at the Best Western, we are truly grateful you enjoyed your stay with us. Sundance is a great event to visit Park City for, we hope to see you again in the near future.
Wishing you a great 2014!!

Thanks again for the great review
Orchard Park, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I feel I was gouged due to the Sundance film festival. I first made my reservations through Expedia. When I booked the room, before I sent it to them for payment I did a print screen so I could have a copy in case there was a glitch and I did not get an email confirmation. I booked the room for check in January 17th and out January 20th...which is what the print out showed. When my confirmation came it showed check in January 30 and check out Feb 2. I immediately called the hotel and was told to contact Expedia. I did and was told there was nothing I can do but cancel or change my flight to go January 30. I cancelled the room and called BW back. I was told there were NO rooms...bottom line. I started to cry as my (now husband) and I were flying out to get married in Park City by his son who is a minister. We were to fly out the week before but where I live, Buffalo NY, there was a blizzard and our flights were cancelled. The only flights SouthWest could get us on were the following week. I was unaware it was sundance. So I booked my flights and booked my hotel. After I explained my plight to the front desk girl and cried with each word i said. Suddenly a room appeared but we had to stay four days not three (We couldn't stay an extra day, we had to go back to work). We were told the room would be $250 because of Sundance. I was shocked because it was drastically more than the weeks prior reservation that we had to cancel. I told her that I can't stay four days. Someone in the back ground said something and the girl I was talking to said she was wrong about he room price and the deluxe suite was really $340...cause it was sundance. I was shocked and told her that I was stuck so I had to book it but I can't stay four days. The girl at the desk put me on hold and then came back and told me I could stay for three days but she was wrong again and the room was $399 per night. I was getting married, so I was hard pressed...so I reserved the DELUX SUITE for three days. When we got there I was shocked at what I got for DELUX and $399. It was a basic room, no biggie. the first night the parking lot was empty. The next morning I talk to the cleaning staff and said, "you must be busy, full house and sundance". I was told the place was not sold out. Then I went around asking other guests how much they paid and not one of them was paying close tot $399...so I figured I must truly have the deluxe suite. I became friendly with a couple people and asked to see their rooms...they were not better than mine and I paid a lot more. The FREE breakfast was horrid, I could go on but I'm exhausted and upset at how I was ripped off...so NO I will not stay at any best Western ever again. I will come back to Park City many times over and you can be rest assured that I WILL post my detailed experience on YELP and every other rating website going. I don't expect to hear back from you...customer service really does seem to become extinct these days.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Ty B, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Landmark Inn & Pancake House, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Ms. Frances P,
We apologize for the confusion; it seems that it started with the error in dates with Expedia. It is a special event in Park City; it is one of the biggest events in Park City, so I am sorry you felt gouged. We hope your travels will bring you back to this area in the future.

Kindest Regards;
Saginaw, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Very clean facility from the lobby to the rooms. The staff was polite. They had a convenience store that was stocked with everything you need at a reasonable price. Breakfast was good. The shuttle system is awesome! The hot tub and pool are relaxing.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Randy C.
Thank you so much Randy we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.. We hope to see you again next ski season… Enjoy your Year
Regards,
Fernandina Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We just love this place. We have stayed there more than once and everytime it is a great experience and great value. We like this place because it is at a lower altitude so those of you who have some issue with altitude this is the place to stay. You are less than 20 minutes away from all the ski resorts, and right across the street from a major retail and restaurant area with an outlet mall behind you. The rooms are spacious well equipped and the pool and hot tub amenties are very good. Full buffet breakfast is included and is good. Staff is friendly and helpfull, parking has never been an issue and check in and check out are quick. They offer a government and disabled veteran rate which is very nice. So if you plan on driving to and from the ski slopes and want a reasonable price clean well equipped room this is the place.

Room Tip: 3rd floor close to 3rd exit to parking lot