“Vacation Travel stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Broomfield, United States
“Vacation Travel stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Staff very courteous, room - clean and comfortable, breakfast was more than adequate. We were finishing a 3400 mile trip and had some "interesting experiences" in some other motels along the way. I would recommend this particular motel to anyone traveling through or near Park City.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bestwestern L, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Landmark Inn & Pancake House, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Frank S,
Thank you so much we are glad that we could stand out in a good way for you while making your long trip… We hope to see you again in the future, let me know if there is anything I can help you with…. Questions, reservations… anything
800-548-8824

314 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
ogden, utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a 2 night stay at the Best Western Landmark Inn. We always stay here when we travel to Park City. We were on the third floor across from the elevator but we did not hear the elevator at all. Our room was spacious and clean. Flat screen T.V. The water pressure in the shower was a bit low but still good. We missed the complimentary breakfast at the on site restaurant the first morning, but we're able to have a delicious breakfast from the menu at 50% off. Our waitress, Melanie, was great. She was very friendly and never let our coffee get cold. We did take advantage of the complimentary breakfast the second morning and it was very good. They had warm dishes- scrambled eggs, cubed hash browns, french toast, as well as fresh fruit, cereal, pastries, and oatmeal. We took advantage of the hot tub & pool as well. Both were well maintained and perfect temps. All in all it was a great stay. Can't wait to go back!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Oh my goodness thank you meandkids04 we are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to seeing you next time you are in our area!
Las Vegas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My bill had a fee of $1.50 on it for the in room safe, which i had no ideal i had nor did i use or ask for. THis is scam and you should demand it be off the bill before you book your room. Otherwise tell them your going elsewhere. Perhaps it will help. Its the point of the charge not the amount. Rip off everyone a 1.50 you make a lot of money. Good hotel and friendly staff thou. I had to mention the fee as i did like the location but ? If they remove that then this place gets all good reviews from me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Johnathan K,
We agree that the hotel should provide an in room safe at no cost, due to this we are excited and counting down the expiration of our contract with Safe Mark Company, currently they own the safes and we are obligated to charge, however as of November 1, 2013 we will be purchasing new safes and will no longer have this charge… Until this date if you do not use the safe in your room please let the desk know at check out and they are more than happy to remove this charge… We look forward to your next visit with us.

Vacaville, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

After traveling 700 miles over a marathon 10 hours of driving, we had pulled into the Best Western Landmark Inn late into the night. We were both exhausted and just wanted to sleep so we would be rested for the next leg of the trip. Unfortunately, the one thing. The most important thing I needed. Really, the only thing that I even wanted from this hotel was the one thing that could not be provided at the Best Western Plus Landmark Inn in Park City, Utah. A comfortable place to sleep.

Sometime around midnight we were assigned room 127 on the bottom floor. One door away from the ice machine, just around the corner from the laundry room and just on the other side of a wall where a room was emitting a loud, constant hum from some sort of generator or machine that probably controlled the buildings air conditioning or something, I was forced to lay in bed wide awake, listening to the drone of machinery. I only needed a few hours of sleep. Six hours would have been preferable. I would have settled for at least two. But no. I got zero sleep. No rest at all. Not in room 127. As exhausted as I was, I could not sleep next to the constant hum of whatever engine noise was vibrating through the walls.

At literally first light, I was out of bed. Packed and ready. I watched the sunrise as I walked around the Best Western Plus Landmark Inn. It seemed like a nice place, but I wasn't there to tour the grounds. I was even too tired to really enjoy the complimentary breakfast. I just needed sleep before driving another 400 miles to our destination.

It is nice to know that during a long and exhausting trip traveling across this country, when the time finally comes and you simply can't go any further there's a pretty good chance that there will be a place where you can pull in and pay for a comfortable place to sleep. Without this long tradition of safe haven for the weary traveler we would be forced to either keep traveling through the night, sleep in our car or camp on the side of the road.

As far as I am concerned the Best Western Plus Landmark Inn had one job. Just provide a comfortable place to sleep. By putting us in room 127 with that constant noise, they had failed miserably. Complete waste of money and time. We should have just kept driving.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bestwestern L, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Landmark Inn & Pancake House, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
I am so sorry! I am so upset you had that type of experience while staying at our property… We want all of our guests to get what they came for… and the fact that you didn’t makes me sad… I would like to offer you a night to come back, and stay in one of our Suites so we can have the opportunity to make this right with you! Please call me directly so we can set something up. Again I am truly sorry for the experience you had!

435-649-7300
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This place was in a beautiful setting and the staff made our stay great. We had a very relaxing visit in Park City and it was nice to have a good soak after running in the Dirty Dash marathon we were all very sore from.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Yes! I am so glad my staff made your stay great! I myself am very customer service oriented, so I am glad that is rubbing off on my staff! We want each and every guest to enjoy their time here…
The dirty dash is such a fun run! We do it every year, so we hope to see you guys again next year for the dirty dash! Or if you want to come sooner just to get away for the weekend we are ok with that too!! 

Thanks Again
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The hotel is close to the Route 80 - convenient and not noisy. It is close enough to Park City to get to town easily. And quickly. The rooms were very clean and the lobby is decorated in a manner consistent with the area. There is a pool as well as a pool table and ping pong table. The breakfast is adequate. The rooms are a little dated but the price is definitely great for the area. The room was comfortable and we slept very well.

When we arrived our first room had a very strong smell of smoke, although the rooms are all no smoking rooms. The desk was very accommodating and helpful in relocating us to another room which was perfectly fine.

Room Tip: There is no room service that I'm aware of, did review on an iPad and hit that category by accid...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Turnturnturn,
Yes you are correct there isn’t any room service… We have heard through our owners that they plan on doing a remodel this spring after our ski season is over… So you will have to come back by next fall and check out the updates… Based off what I have been told, they should be some pretty awesome updates! Thanks for staying at our Property, we hope to see you again in the future. If there is ever anything I can help you with in making reservations or anything please contact me!

800-548-8824 – toll free
Garland, UT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. We stayed 1 night to shop at the Tanger Outlets, Very close.Occasionally I could hear noise from the next room, but it was not horrible. Beds were very comfortable. We did not eat breakfast there, so I can't comment on that. We also didn't use the pool or hot tub. My only complaint was that the iron did not work...it wouldn't get hot and the steamer knob was broken. I told the front desk and they made a note of it.

Room Tip: This is not about the room, but if you plan to shop at the Outlets, ask at the Front Desk for a coup...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Tdimiles,
Along with your Room Tip… if you are planning on shopping we offer a package deal that gives you your hotel room, breakfast in the Park City Pancake House and a $50 card to the Tanger Outlets… Now that’s Deal!
I agree with you on the beds they are so great! Thank you for this great review

Tyler

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Landmark Inn & Pancake House? Share your experiences!