“Don't count on sleeping” 2 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #20 of 58 hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Vacaville, California
“Don't count on sleeping”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

After traveling 700 miles over a marathon 10 hours of driving, we had pulled into the Best Western Landmark Inn late into the night. We were both exhausted and just wanted to sleep so we would be rested for the next leg of the trip. Unfortunately, the one thing. The most important thing I needed. Really, the only thing that I even wanted from this hotel was the one thing that could not be provided at the Best Western Plus Landmark Inn in Park City, Utah. A comfortable place to sleep.

Sometime around midnight we were assigned room 127 on the bottom floor. One door away from the ice machine, just around the corner from the laundry room and just on the other side of a wall where a room was emitting a loud, constant hum from some sort of generator or machine that probably controlled the buildings air conditioning or something, I was forced to lay in bed wide awake, listening to the drone of machinery. I only needed a few hours of sleep. Six hours would have been preferable. I would have settled for at least two. But no. I got zero sleep. No rest at all. Not in room 127. As exhausted as I was, I could not sleep next to the constant hum of whatever engine noise was vibrating through the walls.

At literally first light, I was out of bed. Packed and ready. I watched the sunrise as I walked around the Best Western Plus Landmark Inn. It seemed like a nice place, but I wasn't there to tour the grounds. I was even too tired to really enjoy the complimentary breakfast. I just needed sleep before driving another 400 miles to our destination.

It is nice to know that during a long and exhausting trip traveling across this country, when the time finally comes and you simply can't go any further there's a pretty good chance that there will be a place where you can pull in and pay for a comfortable place to sleep. Without this long tradition of safe haven for the weary traveler we would be forced to either keep traveling through the night, sleep in our car or camp on the side of the road.

As far as I am concerned the Best Western Plus Landmark Inn had one job. Just provide a comfortable place to sleep. By putting us in room 127 with that constant noise, they had failed miserably. Complete waste of money and time. We should have just kept driving.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bestwestern L, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Landmark Inn & Pancake House, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
I am so sorry! I am so upset you had that type of experience while staying at our property… We want all of our guests to get what they came for… and the fact that you didn’t makes me sad… I would like to offer you a night to come back, and stay in one of our Suites so we can have the opportunity to make this right with you! Please call me directly so we can set something up. Again I am truly sorry for the experience you had!

435-649-7300

321 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This place was in a beautiful setting and the staff made our stay great. We had a very relaxing visit in Park City and it was nice to have a good soak after running in the Dirty Dash marathon we were all very sore from.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bestwestern L, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Landmark Inn & Pancake House, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Yes! I am so glad my staff made your stay great! I myself am very customer service oriented, so I am glad that is rubbing off on my staff! We want each and every guest to enjoy their time here…
The dirty dash is such a fun run! We do it every year, so we hope to see you guys again next year for the dirty dash! Or if you want to come sooner just to get away for the weekend we are ok with that too!! 

Thanks Again
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The hotel is close to the Route 80 - convenient and not noisy. It is close enough to Park City to get to town easily. And quickly. The rooms were very clean and the lobby is decorated in a manner consistent with the area. There is a pool as well as a pool table and ping pong table. The breakfast is adequate. The rooms are a little dated but the price is definitely great for the area. The room was comfortable and we slept very well.

When we arrived our first room had a very strong smell of smoke, although the rooms are all no smoking rooms. The desk was very accommodating and helpful in relocating us to another room which was perfectly fine.

Room Tip: There is no room service that I'm aware of, did review on an iPad and hit that category by accid...
Turnturnturn,
Yes you are correct there isn’t any room service… We have heard through our owners that they plan on doing a remodel this spring after our ski season is over… So you will have to come back by next fall and check out the updates… Based off what I have been told, they should be some pretty awesome updates! Thanks for staying at our Property, we hope to see you again in the future. If there is ever anything I can help you with in making reservations or anything please contact me!

800-548-8824 – toll free
Garland, UT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. We stayed 1 night to shop at the Tanger Outlets, Very close.Occasionally I could hear noise from the next room, but it was not horrible. Beds were very comfortable. We did not eat breakfast there, so I can't comment on that. We also didn't use the pool or hot tub. My only complaint was that the iron did not work...it wouldn't get hot and the steamer knob was broken. I told the front desk and they made a note of it.

Room Tip: This is not about the room, but if you plan to shop at the Outlets, ask at the Front Desk for a coup...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Tdimiles,
Along with your Room Tip… if you are planning on shopping we offer a package deal that gives you your hotel room, breakfast in the Park City Pancake House and a $50 card to the Tanger Outlets… Now that’s Deal!
I agree with you on the beds they are so great! Thank you for this great review

Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

A facility of exceptional quality and value. The location to the community and the appointments of the hotel were perfect. Ideal for pleasure, family or business purposes. We would recommend to friends and stay here ourselves when convenient.

B2jborg,
Thank you so much!! We look forward to your next stay with us!

santaquin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The room was excellent, best shower we've experienced in awhile lots of water pressure! The room was a deluxe so we had the fridge & microwave, nice flat screen TV. The free breakfast at the hotel's restaurant was a little strange, I definitely wouldn't go there from offsite as some others were, slow service & the available food was not the best. The pool closes at 10 so we didn't even use as there were kids jumping & playing till closing and were back in early the next morning. Good family hotel but we will look around for another that has a 24hr pool next time.

Wallace S,
Thank you so much for the review. With the Breakfast they offer a menu as well with Eggs Benedict, breakfast burritos, American classic… Things like that and as a guest of our hotel, you can get it for 50% off… So that you don’t have to have the Free Full Breakfast Buffet if you want to change things up… Thank you again

Green Valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed here for three nights with our small dog and were very happy with the visit. The room and common areas were clean and up-to-date. Front desk staff was great and the cleaning crew was efficient. The buffet items did not change much from day to day, but the breakfast was far above average for a hotel of this type. My wife ordered off the menu the last morning and she said her selection was great. With the 50 percent discount off menu items, this is a good way to go.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a refrigerator if you need one.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
TeemanRacketman,
Thank you so much! We are so grateful to hear you had a great stay with us! We hope you will be back to visit us again, very soon. Enjoy the rest of your Summer/Fall… Thank you again

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Landmark Inn & Pancake House? Share your experiences!