“Clean and Reasonable as rates go in the area” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Central Utah
“Clean and Reasonable as rates go in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I just wanted a one-night staycation close enough to our home in the Salt Lake Valley that we could spend some time on the day of and the day after, while being far enough away that it would provide different surroundings.
This motel is just a quick right turn at McDonalds, or two right turns if you pass the McDonalds turn, from the street that goes up from the freeway exit.
The check-in was nearly seamless, as I gave them my name and they went right to my reservation, which I had made through AARP Expedia.
We found our room (room 210) clean and tidy. My wife consulted the map to find the best parking for our room at the end of the wing as I drove us around from the check-in entrance, so we ignored the suggestion from the front desk clerk to go up the hall from the lobby. From the lobby, the best way is up the hall, as she suggested, but the parking at the end of the wing provided near direct access and we only had to walk down a short staircase to get to the hallway for our room near that end entrance.
Our standard, two queen room (all rooms are nonsmoking) included an iron, hair dryer, and safe. The safe is extra, but refundable it you don't use it. Be sure to ask for the refund if your billing included it. I think the coat rack near the front door is designed to hold skis, too. It has two parallel pegs sticking out between each set of coat hooks.
I would complain only about three minor things about the room:
1) Coffee: The 4-cup coffee maker in the room can accommodate regular 4-cup filters, so I'd suggest that you provide your own. The coffee pack that comes with the room falls far short of making coffee. It wasn't even what I'd call flavored water. I ran the water through the maker three times and it still came out like barely flavored water. I gave up. The free coffee they provide near the front desk was also quite weak. Even the dark was barely what I would call coffee, if that. I'd really rather call it barely flavored, heated water. For comparison, we usually drink Folgers at home in a Mr. Coffee 4-cup drip coffee maker, at Folgers' suggested 1 T per 6 oz.
2) The TV remote control unit: The remote control unit was worn in the channel selector up and down and in a couple other places. Other than the up and down channel buttons, it had a couple places where it hesitated and required more than one push to get the television to respond. It also required a nearly head-on point to the television. The up and down channel buttons just would not move the channels, so I'd have to push the numbered buttons to change the channel every time, and sometimes, those would not make it respond properly, either.
3) Lack of sound-proofing: In the evening, while sitting on the beds, we had a hard time hearing the television when someone in the next room ran water for the toilet or shower. This happened only two or three times and didn't happen that we knew of during the night, so it was only a momentary nuisance for that short time each time.
The pool is small, but it is indoors. It ranges from 3 feet to 5 feet deep and is not for diving. The rooms surrounding the pool have a door that opens to the pool area, so the people who had those rooms seemed to monopolize the area in the evening.
The hot tub is a little larger than some.
We didn't use the pool or the hot tub. By the time we were back from our wanderings, the pool area was pretty full. We checked back a few times during the evening, but found it just as crowded each time, mostly by little kids, so we didn't want to venture in around all the splashing and noise. I'm sure it was great for the kids and their parents, though.
The pool area also includes a Ping-Pong table, which can be used for free. A pool table next to it does cost, though. I didn't get close enough to it to know how much it cost, but my guess is that it takes quarters at one end to release the balls for play.
The on-line brochure (http://bestwesternebrochure.com/BWPlusLandmarkInn/default.asp) mentions a breakfast buffet in the Pancake House part of the facility, but that is not the case. The free breakfast is served from 6 to 9 a.m. and comes with only certain choices. I'm including a picture of the menu in this review. Although it does have several choices on it, It is not what I would call a "Full Cook to Order Breakfast Menu" as mentioned in the brochure and on the main pages of the Web site (http://www.bwlandmarkinn.com/pcp301.html).
All in all, though, we were pleased with the accommodations and would not hesitate to stay here again under similar circumstances.

Room Tip: The rooms are laid out in wings, so you can choose the room based on your needs. For example, if you...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bestwestern L, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Landmark Inn & Pancake House, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
We would like to thank you for your recent post on trip advisor. We appreciate all our guests and love to hear their feedback; we hope to see you again in the future!

Thanks Again
The Entire Best Western Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We were staying in this hotel with my family for one night on a way to Park City which is another 10-15 minutes away. The reason is heavy snow and 12 midnight after a flight from Florida.

Hotel is very nice and actually is great alternative of staying in park City. Its next to highway and few miles from Canyons and Park City.

Room was standard Best Western Plus room. Clean and everything worked. Also we did not have time to look entire hotel, its looked very nice.

The breakfast included in price was sumptious and of good quality. The variety was typical American breakfast with various types of eggs, pankackes and etc.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bestwestern L, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Landmark Inn & Pancake House, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your recent post; we love the feedback from our guests.

Yes Downtown Park City is just 7 miles from us. The Canyons Resort is only 2 Park City and Deer Valley are about 8. Again we would like to thank you for the great comments.

Hope you will come see us again in the future.

Best Western Landmark Inn
North Ogden, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We weren't expecting too much from this hotel, but the location was good and the price was reasonable. Our experience was a mixed bag. When we opened the door to our room, we were hit with a strong chemical odor (it smelled like someone had just gotten their hair permed in the room). We tried to run the bathroom fan to air it out, but the fan was broken and wouldn't turn on. The smell was bad enough that we asked to be moved to another room. The clerk was very helpful and moved us to a different room (with a fridge, microwave, and bigger TV). The new room didn't have the smell, but was less than clean. There were long, black hairs all over the bathroom floor and confetti all around the base of both beds (see photos). The bedding seemed clean and beds were nice, which is what I care about most.

After a long day of driving we took the kids down to the pool to relax. There was a group of 20-somethings at the pool who were obviously very drunk/high. They provided lots of R-rated "entertainment" with their behavior and language. When one girl pulled down her bikini bottoms and told one of the guys with her to spank her bare butt with a ping pong paddle, we had had enough. My husband complained to the front desk clerk. He came down and whispered something to one of the group and then left. The effect was that they moved their "show" from the hot tub area to the pool. Call me crazy, but I would think that a grown woman bearing her bottom in front of families with kids would be cause to ask them to leave the pool area altogether, not just to move their f-bombs and groping to the pool. I was very disappointed with how the staff dealt with the issue. I'm no prude, but there are limits to what should be allowed in the common areas of the hotel.

Breakfast was better than we expected. They didn't have the buffet going. Instead, each guest got a made to order breakfast . . . scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, drink, and choice of two sides. There were lots of options available, the food was tasty, and the waiter was good. The only downside was that you had to wait about 20 minutes to be seated at a table. It wasn't a big deal for us since we weren't on a tight schedule. They did have a to-go breakfast box for guests who were in a hurry.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bestwestern L, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Landmark Inn & Pancake House, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Ms, Malinate
I would like to start by thanking you for your recent post. We love feedback from our guests on how they enjoyed their stay and also on how we can improve to make your next day better then the last!

Our Rooms: I can assure you this is not our standard of clean we have started a new cleaning procedure for all rooms, to avoid small things like confetti from being left behind. Our Best Western Brand requires us to be very clean; it is high deductions in our semiannual inspections. They want to be the cleanest brand out there

I greatly apologize for the R rated behavior by the guests in the pool area, which is not ok in our book, with us not having a lifeguard on duty it can be difficult to make sure we catch everything, which is why we appreciate our guests bringing it to our attention. We do pride ourselves on being very family oriented. I will be talking with my staff on some other ways we can handle situations like that. They are so far and few between that it is even a shock to us!

I am glad you enjoyed the new menu offered to our guests, the restaurant does get busy between 7:30 and 8:30, for future I would recommend you arrive just before 7:30 or know that you will be waiting in line for about 15 to 20 minutes where this is usually when the rush hits.

Lastly I would like to extend and invite for you and your family to come back and visit us again. If you will either email me or give me a call at the hotel so we can get something set up.

Thank you again!

Regards
Tyler
tyler_a@bwalandmarkinn.com
800-548-8824
Floral Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently returned from a week stay at the Landmark Inn in Park City, Utah. We were a group of 30 avid skiers who were looking for a reasonably priced, convenient location and excellent service. We could not have picked a better place to stay. Julie, the General Manager, arranged 4 catered dinners that were excellent and set up our BYOB bar each evening. The shuttle service to the mountains was flawlessly executed each morning and afternoon as well as taking us back and forth to town each evening. The rooms were spacious and well appointed and the other amenities including the indoor pool and jacuzzi were perfect for our needs. Speaking for all the members of our ski group, it was a great experience with an incomparable level of service.

Room Tip: Ask for the deluxe rooms
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Bestwestern L, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Landmark Inn & Pancake House, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Mr. Gerard C.

We LOVED having your group here with us, we are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay as much as we enjoyed having you. As this is your third year with your group, on behalf of the entire staff we hope to see you agian next year.

Best Western Landmark Inn Staff
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel is close to everything in Park City. Only problem I really saw was that the hotel is just old and needs updating. Could hear people walking around halls all night. The pancake house did have a great free breakfast.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room on the end so you dont hear walking all hours of the night.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your post on our hotel we value the comments of our guests. Our main goal is to provide you with the best experience you can have while staying at our propterty.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast. I do appologise that our hotel didn't exceed your expectations, we are continually upgrading our property due to the Best Western Brand Standards.

We would like to thank you again for your post.

Tyler Angell
Best Western Landmark Inn
Salem, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Our family will often stay in the Best Western Landmark Inn when we want to escape to our local mountains for a night and can't get a condo. We get a room right next to the indoor pool so the kids can go right out and swim (if you want privacy however, this choice is not for you). One time we had a sleeping baby and we could leave in her playpen in the room and be right next to her while we watched to other kids swim. This hotel has been lax with the exact number of children you can have in a room, so you don't have to rent two rooms if you have three our four kids in your family.
The breakfast was pleasant and warm. They are still trying to figure out breakfast. They ran out of forks and didn't replenish them, and tables were a little scarce at high demand time.
The hotel is right across the street from Walmart, right down the street from Tanger Outlets, and a quarter mile from Whole Foods, a movie theater, and other shopping.

Room Tip: Rooms right off the pool are fun if you have kids and don't mind people playing ping pong or hot...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We would like to thank you for your resent post, They have been trying this new cook to order breakfast for your hotel guest. We would like to extend an invite to you, to come try our hotel agian with this new breakfast. please either shoot me an email or you can reach me at the hotel. I look forward to hearing from you.

Tyler Angell
Front Office Manager
tyler_a@bwlandmarkinn.com
800-548-8824
Aurora, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This motel and Pancake House is located right off of the freeway but away from the noise. It is beautifully appointed and the staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was large and very comfortable. The area right off the freeway has really developed with shopping, restaurants etc. so a short drive into Park City isn't necessary if you are tired or in a hurry. Breakfast in the Pancake House was included and was very good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Landmark Inn & Pancake House? Share your experiences!