“One night stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Ogden, Utah
“One night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Just wanted to get away for a night, picked this hotel because of the price on priceline.
Right off of the freeway, outlets right down the road. I asked for a room away from the pool as I had read the reviews from other travelers. They were happy to give us a room almost to the end of the hall. Beautiful Hotel, oddly laid out, had trouble finding the restaurant and getting back to the lobby. Very good breakfast if you like buffets. Overall it was a good stay.
Bed was great, got a good nights rest.

Room Tip: You might want to ask for a room away from the ice machine. It was right outside our door, not much...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Wenatchee, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I got a very good rate in an auction site, which included a free breakfast so that part is great. However, it was labor day weekend and every child known to man was there running the halls and it seemed allowable. Very loud! The hotel itself is oddly laid out, sort of a maze. The restaurant is not conveniently located and when we wentnthere for breakfast (buffet) the hostess piled everyone in line despite the tables all full and nowhere to sit. People were wandering around with their full plates waiting for someone to leave. Especially hard for parents with multiple kids. Rooms were nice size, shower impossible to turn on. You literally had to get in and pull with all your might to get it turned on. No way a senior citizen could do this. Like I said, got a great rate, but probably would choose elsewhere next time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bestwestern L, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Landmark Inn & Pancake House, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for taking time to tell us about your recent stay. We are a destination for family's it is very normal for us to be busy on holiday weekends. We are working on more seating in the breakfast area; we are working on expanding in the spring. We do value you as a customer and would hope you would give us another try. Please call us. Thank you.
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed here for one night without a reservation. It is located a few miles off Route 80, near a roundabout (a little tricky at night), a Pancake House that was within walking distance, and a Walmart. The room was clean. The bedding looked like it had been recently upgraded and the beds were comfortable. The air conditioner worked fine. The breakfast that was included was a complimentary ticket for the buffet at the nearby Pancake House. There was a $1.50 charge for the room safe (which we did not use) that we asked to have removed from our bill, and they did. The staff was friendly and helpful and answered questions about the area for us.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayewd one night on our way to Salt Lake City, Utah to experience Park City. We went on a fun filled ghost tour throughout Park City and learned about all the hauntings there! After, we stayed at the Best Western. The hotel was clean, efficient and right next to the Olympic slaloms! Very good breakfast buffet. Would recommend!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bestwestern L, Sales Assistant at BEST WESTERN PLUS Landmark Inn & Pancake House, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you stay with us was a good one. Please come visit us again.
Kanab, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Really liked the room, and behind the desk was very nice to us. We wanted to switch rooms in order to be next to some friends and they accommodated us with no problem. Clean rooms (although they were a little musky smelling)

The pool was almost not worth it.. During they day it looked quiet and peaceful but every night there were tons of kids and screaming and such... Lot's of Chlorine in it as well..

All in all it was a good place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. Sorry about the problem with the pool. Come and stay with us again.
Sacramento, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

This hotel could be a great choice for you or a terrible one, depending on your needs. There is a large, well kept & attractive indoor pool that is "center stage" here, and many of the rooms on the first floor have sliding glass doors instead of windows that open directly to it.
As in, directly. As in, if you intend to spend most of your time swimming this is ideal, but if you just want a good night's sleep you aren't going to get it. Yes, it smells of chlorine. And as the sliding door replaces the window in the room, it is also dark, with no hope of true fresh air. Add on the fact that this is the floor with the pinball/arcade games and the housekeeping laundry and bottom Line: unless you have kids and are on vacation, in which case it truly would be wonderful, no lie - you Do NOT want the First Floor, and I wouldn't book unless I either knew where my room was or had earplugs and a face mask.
I had the worst front desk service I have ever had at a Best Western here, and I am a "Platinum Elite" member of their rewards club and have been for several years. We instinctively went to look at the room before getting anything out of the car (not our usual habit), smelled one smell (we have allergies), knew it was just not going to work and returned to the desk. Let the record show that I have NEVER asked for a room change before. Not once, anywhere, including Motel 6's.
I politely explained that our allergies would not allow this room. I shall spare the girl the public broadcast of her name, but it began with "A".
"A" didn't even bother pretending to look at the computer, she just told me "There are no other rooms." If she hadn't been so obvious I might've taken a different route (I am not pushy), but I was twice her age & very tired. I looked her in the eye and said firmly, "Are you sure?". She paused and said yes, unless I was willing to pay "a lot more". Aha, I thought, so that's how this hotel works. Lure them in with cheap rates (it was extremely cheap), then the poorer people get stuck with the undesirable rooms & those who can pay get the better ones. Nice. Very elitist.
How much more, I asked? About twice the other. So, again for the first time EVER, I pulled rank. "Doesn't my Platinum membership entitle me to an upgrade?"
Her initial reply was "Not that much", but she realized almost immediately she could be in trouble. A pause, a look away and she muttered "I can get you something". And she did, on the third floor, with a lack of graciousness worthy of a spoiled child. She did not talk to me again, did not replace our breakfast pass (we couldn't have used it anyway, again allergies) tossed the pen across the counter and huffed off. Oh - I asked her her name as she left & she gave it to me.
All that said, our new room was clean, comfortable & spacious, with a pretty view and quiet. The gentleman at checkout (Bill) also was extremely nice. But the poor service, combined with the failure to communicate the extremely important fact that you might be sleeping right next to the pool, coupled with the trivial but irritating fact that they charge an extra dollar for "safe keeping" or somesuch that you specifically have to ask to be refunded (a fact not verbally disclosed, but you had to read the sign on the counter, which fortunately my daughter did) and I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Great and very good breakfast. Wonderful and friendly staff. Very good swimming pool. Very clean in rooms and bathroom and such. Would love to come back soon again.Very quiet. Great place to walk. After driving a long ways.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Landmark Inn & Pancake House? Share your experiences!