“Nice place to stay...” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Kanab, Utah
“Nice place to stay...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Really liked the room, and behind the desk was very nice to us. We wanted to switch rooms in order to be next to some friends and they accommodated us with no problem. Clean rooms (although they were a little musky smelling)

The pool was almost not worth it.. During they day it looked quiet and peaceful but every night there were tons of kids and screaming and such... Lot's of Chlorine in it as well..

All in all it was a good place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bestwestern L, Sales Assistant at BEST WESTERN PLUS Landmark Inn & Pancake House, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you for your comments. Sorry about the problem with the pool. Come and stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Sacramento, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

This hotel could be a great choice for you or a terrible one, depending on your needs. There is a large, well kept & attractive indoor pool that is "center stage" here, and many of the rooms on the first floor have sliding glass doors instead of windows that open directly to it.
As in, directly. As in, if you intend to spend most of your time swimming this is ideal, but if you just want a good night's sleep you aren't going to get it. Yes, it smells of chlorine. And as the sliding door replaces the window in the room, it is also dark, with no hope of true fresh air. Add on the fact that this is the floor with the pinball/arcade games and the housekeeping laundry and bottom Line: unless you have kids and are on vacation, in which case it truly would be wonderful, no lie - you Do NOT want the First Floor, and I wouldn't book unless I either knew where my room was or had earplugs and a face mask.
I had the worst front desk service I have ever had at a Best Western here, and I am a "Platinum Elite" member of their rewards club and have been for several years. We instinctively went to look at the room before getting anything out of the car (not our usual habit), smelled one smell (we have allergies), knew it was just not going to work and returned to the desk. Let the record show that I have NEVER asked for a room change before. Not once, anywhere, including Motel 6's.
I politely explained that our allergies would not allow this room. I shall spare the girl the public broadcast of her name, but it began with "A".
"A" didn't even bother pretending to look at the computer, she just told me "There are no other rooms." If she hadn't been so obvious I might've taken a different route (I am not pushy), but I was twice her age & very tired. I looked her in the eye and said firmly, "Are you sure?". She paused and said yes, unless I was willing to pay "a lot more". Aha, I thought, so that's how this hotel works. Lure them in with cheap rates (it was extremely cheap), then the poorer people get stuck with the undesirable rooms & those who can pay get the better ones. Nice. Very elitist.
How much more, I asked? About twice the other. So, again for the first time EVER, I pulled rank. "Doesn't my Platinum membership entitle me to an upgrade?"
Her initial reply was "Not that much", but she realized almost immediately she could be in trouble. A pause, a look away and she muttered "I can get you something". And she did, on the third floor, with a lack of graciousness worthy of a spoiled child. She did not talk to me again, did not replace our breakfast pass (we couldn't have used it anyway, again allergies) tossed the pen across the counter and huffed off. Oh - I asked her her name as she left & she gave it to me.
All that said, our new room was clean, comfortable & spacious, with a pretty view and quiet. The gentleman at checkout (Bill) also was extremely nice. But the poor service, combined with the failure to communicate the extremely important fact that you might be sleeping right next to the pool, coupled with the trivial but irritating fact that they charge an extra dollar for "safe keeping" or somesuch that you specifically have to ask to be refunded (a fact not verbally disclosed, but you had to read the sign on the counter, which fortunately my daughter did) and I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Great and very good breakfast. Wonderful and friendly staff. Very good swimming pool. Very clean in rooms and bathroom and such. Would love to come back soon again.Very quiet. Great place to walk. After driving a long ways.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lakewood, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Our one night stay was great. Good sized room, pleasant surroundings, dog friendly. Remodeling fine touches not finished but still clean and pleasant. Safe, shady location to
walk around after a long drive. No local sites brochures and no help from front desk evening crew when I asked about the Remington Museum in Ogden. Great meal in the nearby
'Olympic Village' brewery. Great start to our cross country trip.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

We were very tired after a eight hour drive and pulled in around 6:30pm. When we got there the desk seemed unorganized and a bit rude. We just wanted to check in and get some food! They had us wait for about 10-15 minutes to prepare our room. It was 6:30pm. Come on.

We just left and got some food. When we came back the room was ready and good for the price. The bathroom was strange and looked as if it had been remodeled, but not completed. There were holes in wall in the bathroom where the mirror and light had been moved up, but the wall had not been repaired!

Breakfast was good.

We were in and out quickly and would not return. We have been to Park City multiple times and it can do better than this!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Bestwestern L, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Landmark Inn & Pancake House, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
We are sorry for the problems that you had. Please call Tyler or Laura at 800-548-8824 and we will try and resolve the problem. Thank you.
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We have visited the landmark in many times over the past few years. We've tried other places but keep coming back to the landmark inn. The breakfast is a "real" breakfast, not just a bagel and toast. Eggs, biscuits and gravy. They did stop doing the bacon and sausage, that's been a bummer. But the restaurant is just down stairs in the hotel so its super convenient.

The rooms are always very clean and the staff does a tremendous job. Great pool, with ping pong . We've stayed as a couple as well as with the whole family and everyone has a great time.

It's about 10 mins from Main street, but you are about a minute away from the outlet mall you could easily walk. Plenty of stores, shops and restaurants around close.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bestwestern L, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Landmark Inn & Pancake House, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you for your comments!!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stopped in Park City for a day on our way across the country. Had I known the place was as beautiful as it is then I would have stayed even longer, especially given our great deal at this hotel. The room was very large for the money, the amenities were excellent, and the breakfast was actually something to brag about. I had a great stay.

Room Tip: It is pet friendly!