“comfortable and clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Silverado Lodge

You added Silverado Lodge to your Saves list
Silverado Lodge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2669 Canyons Resort Drive, in the Canyons Resort, Park City, UT 84098   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #32 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Trois-Rivieres, Canada
“comfortable and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We had a very nice and comfortable studio. Very clean and well equipped. Great location, very affordable. We enjoyed the pool and spa. The front desk staff was nice and efficient. We would have liked to stay longer and would definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Cedarville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Bottom line, we were blown away by so many things. We stayed in the suite with full kitchen, living room and bedroom with 2 queen beds. Two fireplaces and two baths. It was AMAZING! Decor was fabulous and we felt like kings and queens. We had never stayed in a place like this. We were greeted by John, a super great bell man who took our bags to our room. We LOVED the heated parking garage! AND the heated pool and exercise room. It was all the BEST! We don't ski, so really enjoyed the sauna and in house activities they offered. Housekeeping were super friendly although most did not speak english so communication was difficult. But it was OK. One day we didn't get housekeeping, but we managed and it was Ok. There just wasn't much at all that we didn't like! The kitchen came fully equipped with everything you need..pots, pans, dishes, cups, glasses..you name it! I would just suggest you bring foil, cling wrap..that sort of thing to store your foods in. That was the only thing I had to buy other than food. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Saint Pete Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Not sure what all the complaining is about...but we can share our experience. We felt like we hit a home run picking this place. We had never ski'd the Canyons but we were able to plan our trip for my sons Spring Break well in advance. The reservation process was a total delight. Very professional folks on the phone who helped pick our specific unit and who followed up in very appropriate increments. We took advantage if their stay 3 get one night free deal and our place was HUGE!! 3 fire places!!! A king bed upstairs with a huge walk in shower and jacuzzi tub and private toilet. A loft with pull out couch and mini fridge and TV also upstairs. A fully equipped (including Starbucks coffee) large kitchen downstairs with another fireplace and pull out couch and FULL BATH and closets and coat racks everywhere. And the other bedroom with 2 queens and fireplace and mini Fridge and full bath. Plus an outdoor porch. The housekeeping service was truly outstanding. The location is central and we walked the short uphill walk to the slopes on occasion. The hotel will valet your skis but not boots. The entire Canyons compound has a free shuttle that seems to run every 5 minutes. Everyone we met was incredibly nice and helpful. We could not recommend a better place for families to stay. Great value! Plus, truly preferred and appreciated the "hang" factor that permeates this mountain vs stuffy corporate Deer Valley. The slopes were wide and long. Just like we like them. With lots of comfy blue runs. Thank you Canyons!

Stayed March 2014
Minturn, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We enjoyed our King Studio w/ a minifridge very much. The place was nice, we enjoyed the heated pool but the front desk staff need some customer service training (although the bellman were great). Nice shuttle to downtown and a quick walk or shuttle ride to the slopes. Never ate at the restaunrant on site but we enjoyed Drafts in the Village very much.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Brandon, MS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

I will start off with, Staff was 5x5 or good to go, hotel and rooms were clean and nice. Ok not so good. I was told by reservations this was a slope side hotel,Wrong! Reservations told me we had a two room suite with a king bed, Wrong! Two queens. They got this fixed 5 hours later and two flight tired kids and a mad wife. Next. Kids tried to sleep on the sleeper pull out sofa, it was junk. Looked like two kids sleeping in a hole, that's how bad the springs and mattress was. I asked them to fix the problem so they brought in a roll away bed. The room and staff are good here, but no one ever pointed out the pool, hot tub or the gym. To me not good for customer care. Next thing to get to our room we had to take the elevator to the parking garage then walk through it then another elevator to the 4th floor real bad design.
Shuttle service is very good with in the resort, if you go to town make plans free buses run on the half hour to park city give yourself abt 45 min to get to dinner. Taxi is good but will run 15 to 20 dollars one way.
If you have family try to eat around 1700 to 1800 to beat the rush.
If you want to stay at the Canyons and want slop side use the Grand Summit or Sundial much easier and way nicer and convenient.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Oakland, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I was disappointed with my stay at the Silverado Lodge. Although I was told it was relatively new -- and I have to believe it was -- everything reminded me of being done on the "cheap." This included the fake silk flowers that were in every room and on every table.

It is a hotel/condominium. It was not luxurious. In my opinion, there is very little to no resemblance to a resort. My room was the second bedroom to a condominium.

On the positive side:
1. Parking was free.
2. My room had a kitchenette.

On the negative side:
1. I was concerned about privacy and security. There was no placard in the room to hang on the outside door for either privacy or for housekeeping to come in. If you requested one from the front desk, you could get one.

2. There was a dead-bolt lock on the room, but there was no additional security lock/latch on the inside. That is anyone with a key could walk in at any time even if you were in the room.

3. There was no safe in the room. For too many obvious reasons, this is very bad. I believe the front desk had a safe.

4. There was no soap dish in the shower. You either had to hold the soap all the time or place it on the shower floor.

5. There was no chest of drawers in the room. There was a big trunk-like coffee table, which had large cavernous areas to stuff things in.

6. The large trunk-like table could not be pushed or moved to make more room because there was no casters on it.

7. The fireplace did not have a timer. Many times the room was overwhelmingly hot. I got some relief when someone assisted me with how to open the windows.

8. The one and only closet in the room measured about 24" wide, and it was the same closet that housed the ironing board. I requested that the ironing board be taken away.

9. They do have a shuttle that runs the entire Canyons complex and the block or two to the Canyons Ski Lifts. But, if you wanted to ski at Park City, they would only take you to a place where you had to connect with the town shuttle. It was not convenient, and I was very happy that I had a rental car.

10. The sheets left for the murphy bed were just that. I could never, never describe them as linens.

11. There is no restaurant or coffee shop inside the premises. If you walk outside the front door of the hotel/condo and walk the entire length of the building towards the back, there is the entrance to the Bistro Restaurant, a Kosher restaurant. This is not good on a snowy, winter day.

12. Although the Bistro had a charming atmosphere, it is not opened for breakfast or coffee. It is not opened for lunch. It is opened for the Yiddish sundown luncheon/dinner on a Friday night. And, it is opened many other nights for dinner. Don't think in terms of American Hamburgers and fries; think in terms of Yiddish and Kosher fare.

13. During half of my stay, my room's phone light was on indicating that I had messages. The front desk assured me that I did not, and they were unable to clear the light.

14. Could never find the pool. The halls and elevators are convoluted. I never could find the pool. I peeked inside the equipment room, and was unimpressed.

15. My view overlooked the employees' parking lot and a large dumpster. This was considered a mountain view room.

16. On one of my days, there was a problem with the cold water; so the water was shut down with no advanced warning. This caused a delay in getting to the slopes.

I will not return to this hotel/condominium -- overpriced and low quality.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We spent one week at a 2-bedroom (unit 314) the Silverado Lodge right before Christmas. It was our best ski vacation ever. The hotel was very nice with a beautiful mountain-chalet-style decor. The unit was a quiet, spacious and well maintained corner unit, with a great view of the mountain and the swimming pools. We think it has the best location in the whole building, located just across from Westgate and a few floors above the Bistro restaurant. We were impressed with the services and think that this property should be rated 4*. Though the hotel is not a ski-in-ski-out, the shuttle made up for it -- only 1-2 minutes ride to the mountain.

Room Tip: We recommend Unit 314. We think it is the best unit in the building.