The Silverado Lodge is conveniently located within walking distance of the base of the Canyons ski slopes and provides comfortable accommodations.
Upon arriving at the Silverado, we discovered that there was temperature-controlled underground parking which was very much appreciated as we had a rental vehicle during our stay. While having a vehicle was nice for exploring the surrounding areas, the convenient resort shuttles and buses to Park City Main Street make having a rental more of a nicety than a necessity.
Check-in at the lodge was easy. The lobby area had a few chairs for relaxing by a fireplace, but it felt slightly crowded if more than a few people were lounging. The two elevators provided ample space for multiple people and their ski equipment.
The room we occupied had two queen size beds, a gas fireplace, and a shower (no bathtub). The room itself felt spacious with the taller-than-average ceilings and wide walking areas around the beds. The room did not have a dresser, but the closet was an average size and a mini-bar area (non-stocked) had cabinet space that could be used for storing items. The beds were quite comfortable and cozy especially after a day of skiing. The gas fireplace was used once on a chilly morning and, while it didn't put out a lot of heat, it was nice to look at. During our stay, the daily temperature at the resort was in the 60s so we found ourselves opening the window to let in fresh, cooler air. The bathroom was nice and the shower stall was adequate, clad in slate-looking tile.
Our room was right next to the spa/pool area. A recommendation would be to find a room away from this area if you require complete silence at night as we could occasionally hear people talking around the spa/pool as well as the usual sounds of maintaining these areas.
The only downside of the room is that there was one, small trash can in the bathroom. This only became a minor issue when we returned to our room around 2:00 PM to rest and the room had not been cleaned, so we had an overflowing trash bin. We could have called to have the room made up, but we opted to forgo that and just relaxed in the room instead.
Another issue occurred when the lodge had problems with the room key cards, so each person had to have their key cards reprogrammed by the front desk staff. Again, a minor inconvenience that was quickly rectified.
Overall, the Silverado Lodge provided an above average experience, and I would recommend it as a place to stay in the Park City area.
- Also Known As:
- Silverado Hotel
- Silverado Hotel Park City
- Silverado Lodge Park City, Utah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silverado, a luxurious retreat, masterfully designed for the most discriminating of tastes. Cozy fireplaces, vaulted ceilings and oversized decks grace many of the suites. This exceptional property offers guest room accommodations including individual hotel rooms, studios and 1-4 bedroom suites. This truly is a Park City gem offering timeless elegance and quality amenities in a premium location near Canyons Resort Village ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Silverado Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.