“Hi Ho Silverado!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Silverado Lodge

You added Silverado Lodge to your Saves list
Silverado Lodge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2669 Canyons Resort Drive, in the Canyons Resort, Park City, UT 84098   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #27 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Austin, Texas
“Hi Ho Silverado!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We packed up the family for a Christmas vacation at the Canyons near Park City Utah. Three skiers, two snowboarders, and a "I don't like the cold, so I'm staying in" college student.

Getting there is easy - a flight to SLC (Salt Lake City), followed by a short drive (~30 minutes) from the airport to the front door at the Silverado Lodge. The drive from SLC is interstate for all but the last few miles which are on a four lane/two lane road that is fairly flat and well maintained.

The Canyons resort is about 4-5 miles south of I80 on HWY 40/189 as you head towards Park City. There are a couple of large retail developments at the exit intersection (Smiths Grocery, Whole Foods, a theater, a Tanger outlet mall, restaurants, etc..). The Silverado Lodge is at the base of the mountain - not quite at the lifts, but quite close and with the free shuttle system, it's a quick 3-4 minute ride from the condos to the ski lifts and resort square.

We've been to Colorado and British Columbia to ski, and this has far easier access in terms of travel time and cost. For us, it's a direct flight to SLC so that makes it even better!

The Silverado Lodge was constructed in 2007 and is appointed very nicely inside and out. The rooms are upscale and have granite countertops, ski lodge wood furniture, fireplaces in each condo (including the bedrooms and living areas), and quality appliances (except for our toaster!). Amenities include a pool, hot tub, sauna, workout room, ski/board storage, free on demand shuttle service around the resort and underground enclosed parking.

There are four or five layouts for the condos - studio//1bd/2bd/3bd/4bd configurations with 1-4 baths depending on the layout. Many of the layouts feature "property manager lockable" doors between rooms to enable rental flexibility for rooms and living areas. For example, a three bedroom condo might be split up for rental into a 2 bedroom with a full kitchen and a studio (room refrigerator and coffee maker - perfect for a quick weekend getaway sans kitchen). This seems like a nice arrangement to maximize flexibility for an investment/rental property.

The best feature of the property is the excellent service and onsite management / personnel. They are exceptionally friendly and very helpful and do their best to ensure you have an enjoyable time. Best in class from what we experienced. The location is not ski in / ski out, but it doesn't matter with the shuttle service and the helpful staff. I was skeptical when we arrived, but it was not an issue whatsoever.

For families or couples wanting a great ski lodge with excellent access and service, the Silverado Lodge should be considered if you are heading to the Utah Ski areas near Salt Lake City.

Room Tip: Try and avoid the side of the property that faces the employee parking area for the resort. When it...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
pamhilse, Manager at Silverado Lodge, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Blended Snowboarder/Skier Family:
Thank you for posting your kind words about Silverado on the TripAdvisor website. Your thoughtful description about our property and close proximity to the SLC airport proves very helpful for future guests scouting the perfect ski/snowboarding destination. I am most pleased that you shared such wonderful comments about our team at Silverado and Canyons Resort. We strive to provide extraordinary, memorable experiences for our guests and are so pleased you recognized those efforts.

We look forward to hosting you at our resort again!

Pam Hilse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Wanship
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We held a 4 day business meeting here with a number of International Travelers. This was off season (October) so the resort was fairly deserted. The Silverado rooms are very nice with large bathrooms, balconies and fireplaces. There is no bar in the Silverado so a fairly long uphill walk is required to get a drink. The very odd Utah liquor laws are in effect so all of the draft beer is watered down (3.2%) and you can't get a double. The servers are trained to tell you that 3.2 beer is the same as regular beer and this is unfortunatley not true. You can go to the State Liquor in Kimball Junction and buy some overpriced alcohol and keep it in your room as they do provide a fridge.
Other than that if you are visiting to ski the Canyons is a big area with good terrain and the legendary Utah powder sometimes although last winter was very scarce for snow. We did have a dinner at the Farm resturant and the food was well prepared but the wine list is really overpriced as it is in Utah in general. My advice: Spend your vacation money in Colorado or Wyoming where you can get a real beer on draft for a reasonabe price. Utah is just too weird a place.

Room Tip: The lodge is broken up into a number of levels. Choose a room facing toward the mountain. We were pu...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
pamhilse, Manager at Silverado Lodge, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Hello Business Traveler-
Thank you for your kind words regarding Silverado Lodge at Canyons Resort. We enjoyed hosting your group and look forward to future events. You are correct that mountain resorts experienced a dry snow year 2011-12 season, thankfully, our big snow guns were able to still make it fun. Happily, as I type this, we are getting our first major snowfall (Oct. 25th) and anticipate a BIG snow year to follow! We hope you can join us for fresh powder when we open November 23rd.
Best,
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE! My wife and I decided to have a getaway to Park City. We purchased our stay through Expedia.com. We were put in a room that had no air conditioning. We didn't sleep the entire night. I called the front desk and they said there was nothing they could do about it.

I'm not rich, so $130 is a lot of money to me. I asked for the room to be comped. They said I would have to call Expedia.. I did. Expedia refused a refund. I told the front desk that I didn't want to leave until I get my money back. The manager told me that she would work with the reservation specialist to get me the money back. My wife and I left and within an hour, the manager called and told me that the reservation manager agreed to refund my money and I would see the refund on my card within 5 business days. 2 WEEKS go by and there isn't a refund. I call the manager back, leave messages, and she doesn't call me back. Finally she did, and said that I misunderstood her and they won't refund.

Read the other negative reviews on here. You will find that the experiences are very similar. This place is a joke. Please learn from my experience and go stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Silverado Guest:
Thank you for posting a comment on TripAdvisor, we are appreciative of all comments as this is where we learn our successes and shortcomings. We always strive for positive guest experiences and apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to learn and grow.

Herriman, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My company hosts a conference there each year. I look forward to the conference each year. The property is very nice, clean and well maintained. The rooms are very well appointed. The amenities are nice. The rooms have flat panel TV's and a fireplace which makes it very comfortable. The views there are beautiful. This property is great any time of year.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
pamhilse, Manager at Silverado Lodge, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Valued Silverado Guest:
Thank you for taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor, we are thankful for your kind words. Canyons Resort is a beautiful place in summer and I'm appreciative you've highlighted that in your response. Winter activities are fun but it's also great to hike, bike and enjoy nature minus the parka! We look forward to hosting your conference and seeing you again next year.
Oakland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Silverado is part of the Canyons Resort. I was here in June, and while there were numerous dining and recreational options, it's clear that this area thrives in the winter ski season.

The staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms and everything else at the property were very clean, and the decor was kind of "modern lodge" - think logs but flat-screen TV's. The bathroom was particularly nicely designed.

Can't speak to the shuttle that runs to downtown and other Park City locations; instead used the car for transportation. Park City has places to stay in resorts, downtown, and newer developments. If you're interested in staying at a resort, this property is worth a look.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
pamhilse, Manager at Silverado Lodge, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Silverado Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor - we appreciate your kind words and recommendation of our property. As Canyons strives to be a summer and winter recreational resort we have recently opened Zipline Tours, Pedal Boats and a Catch and Release Fishing Pond in addition to our established Hiking & Biking trails. We look forward to seeing you next trip so you can enjoy some of these adventure driven activities.

Best,
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed here for just one night on our trip from Yellowstone down to Bryce Canyon. We upgraded to a one bedroom unit so we had a full kitchen and more room for our family to spread out. The room was very comfortable, clean and things seemed to be in very good condition. Because we were there during the "shoulder" season, things were very quiet. The pool was nice and warm and the work out facilities were adequate. We would love to come out and stay during ski season!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Silverado Lodge, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear Silverado Guest:
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor-we appreciate the kind words about our property. We think our variety of room configurations is very helpful when traveling with a family, too, and are glad it worked to your benefit. If you choose to return in the winter and ski/snowboard our 4000 acres of terrain, please contact us so we can help you plan your next adventure.

Pam
Utah, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

The hotel room I had was well appointed and the bedding most comfortable. My room was on the first floor with a large patio outside my sliding glass door. There was a bistro set by each room . . . supposedly for the guests occupying the room. During the first night, a couple had come out and sat at the bistro by my door and were smoking and talking loudly. They awoke me . . . so I opened the door and asked them to move elsewhere. No problem except I was now wide awake.

Second night, after a very full day of presenting and attending at the Canvas/InstructureCon 2012 conference I returned to my room exhausted. I fell fast asleep only to be awakened by someone hitting my door. Now awake, I heard more noise in the hallway. When I opened the door, I was shocked to see a team of boys playing lacrosse in the hallway. It was 10:30 pm. . . I told them to go to the rooms and go to bed. They told me they did not have to do anything I said. I called the front desk who told me they were told to go to their rooms when they were playing around the lobby. I informed them that they were still playing in the hallway. Would they please do something about it? The boys disappeared for about 10 minutes but they were back at 11 am. The game was still continuing so I called the front desk again and asked if I should call the police. At 11:30 pm, I caught one of the younger boys by the arm and asked him to take me to his parent's room. He said his parents were not there. I ended up having the boy take me to the coaches' room. I awakened the coach and complained. He asked me what he should do? Really are you kidding me? I told him if it did not stop I was calling the police.

Maybe this is acceptable behavior at a Motel 6 or a Days Inn, but not in a hotel that charges this price. Unfortunately, the front desk did not see that it was their responsibility to take care of this problem immediately. When I was checking out the next morning, the front desk clerk asked how my stay was. I complained about the incident the night before and she simply stated that they were sorry I had a bad experience. Why ask if you are not going to do something about a bad experience. Next time, I will not be staying at this hotel. . . . and I advise if you want to get some sleep, then maybe you should not either!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Silverado Lodge, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear Canyons Guest:
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor, we appreciate your feedback. Silverado Lodge at Canyons Resort is a beautiful place to stay for both business and pleasure. We thoroughly enjoyed hosting the conference you attended and found the guests to be absolutely delightful. I apologize that you found the LaCrosse teams, who were visiting Park City for a tournament, to be inconsiderate. Our on site Public Safety team addressed the matter immediately thanks to your call. We hope you will return to Park City again so you may enjoy our well appointed rooms and the tranquility of our mountain setting.
pam

Been to Silverado Lodge? Share your experiences!