We packed up the family for a Christmas vacation at the Canyons near Park City Utah. Three skiers, two snowboarders, and a "I don't like the cold, so I'm staying in" college student.
Getting there is easy - a flight to SLC (Salt Lake City), followed by a short drive (~30 minutes) from the airport to the front door at the Silverado Lodge. The drive from SLC is interstate for all but the last few miles which are on a four lane/two lane road that is fairly flat and well maintained.
The Canyons resort is about 4-5 miles south of I80 on HWY 40/189 as you head towards Park City. There are a couple of large retail developments at the exit intersection (Smiths Grocery, Whole Foods, a theater, a Tanger outlet mall, restaurants, etc..). The Silverado Lodge is at the base of the mountain - not quite at the lifts, but quite close and with the free shuttle system, it's a quick 3-4 minute ride from the condos to the ski lifts and resort square.
We've been to Colorado and British Columbia to ski, and this has far easier access in terms of travel time and cost. For us, it's a direct flight to SLC so that makes it even better!
The Silverado Lodge was constructed in 2007 and is appointed very nicely inside and out. The rooms are upscale and have granite countertops, ski lodge wood furniture, fireplaces in each condo (including the bedrooms and living areas), and quality appliances (except for our toaster!). Amenities include a pool, hot tub, sauna, workout room, ski/board storage, free on demand shuttle service around the resort and underground enclosed parking.
There are four or five layouts for the condos - studio//1bd/2bd/3bd/4bd configurations with 1-4 baths depending on the layout. Many of the layouts feature "property manager lockable" doors between rooms to enable rental flexibility for rooms and living areas. For example, a three bedroom condo might be split up for rental into a 2 bedroom with a full kitchen and a studio (room refrigerator and coffee maker - perfect for a quick weekend getaway sans kitchen). This seems like a nice arrangement to maximize flexibility for an investment/rental property.
The best feature of the property is the excellent service and onsite management / personnel. They are exceptionally friendly and very helpful and do their best to ensure you have an enjoyable time. Best in class from what we experienced. The location is not ski in / ski out, but it doesn't matter with the shuttle service and the helpful staff. I was skeptical when we arrived, but it was not an issue whatsoever.
For families or couples wanting a great ski lodge with excellent access and service, the Silverado Lodge should be considered if you are heading to the Utah Ski areas near Salt Lake City.
- Also Known As:
- Silverado Hotel
- Silverado Hotel Park City
- Silverado Lodge Park City, Utah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silverado, a luxurious retreat, masterfully designed for the most discriminating of tastes. Cozy fireplaces, vaulted ceilings and oversized decks grace many of the suites. This exceptional property offers guest room accommodations including individual hotel rooms, studios and 1-4 bedroom suites. This truly is a Park City gem offering timeless elegance and quality amenities in a premium location near Canyons Resort Village ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Silverado Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.