“Beautiful Resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Silverado Lodge

Save Saved
You added Silverado Lodge to your Saves list
Silverado Lodge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4000 The Canyons Resort Dr, in the Canyons Resort, Park City, UT 84098   |
Ranked #28 of 59 hotels in Park City
Herriman, Utah
“Beautiful Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My company hosts a conference there each year. I look forward to the conference each year. The property is very nice, clean and well maintained. The rooms are very well appointed. The amenities are nice. The rooms have flat panel TV's and a fireplace which makes it very comfortable. The views there are beautiful. This property is great any time of year.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
pamhilse, Manager at Silverado Lodge, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Valued Silverado Guest:
Thank you for taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor, we are thankful for your kind words. Canyons Resort is a beautiful place in summer and I'm appreciative you've highlighted that in your response. Winter activities are fun but it's also great to hike, bike and enjoy nature minus the parka! We look forward to hosting your conference and seeing you again next year.

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Oakland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Silverado is part of the Canyons Resort. I was here in June, and while there were numerous dining and recreational options, it's clear that this area thrives in the winter ski season.

The staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms and everything else at the property were very clean, and the decor was kind of "modern lodge" - think logs but flat-screen TV's. The bathroom was particularly nicely designed.

Can't speak to the shuttle that runs to downtown and other Park City locations; instead used the car for transportation. Park City has places to stay in resorts, downtown, and newer developments. If you're interested in staying at a resort, this property is worth a look.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
pamhilse, Manager at Silverado Lodge, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Silverado Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor - we appreciate your kind words and recommendation of our property. As Canyons strives to be a summer and winter recreational resort we have recently opened Zipline Tours, Pedal Boats and a Catch and Release Fishing Pond in addition to our established Hiking & Biking trails. We look forward to seeing you next trip so you can enjoy some of these adventure driven activities.

Best,
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We stayed here for just one night on our trip from Yellowstone down to Bryce Canyon. We upgraded to a one bedroom unit so we had a full kitchen and more room for our family to spread out. The room was very comfortable, clean and things seemed to be in very good condition. Because we were there during the "shoulder" season, things were very quiet. The pool was nice and warm and the work out facilities were adequate. We would love to come out and stay during ski season!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Silverado Lodge, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear Silverado Guest:
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor-we appreciate the kind words about our property. We think our variety of room configurations is very helpful when traveling with a family, too, and are glad it worked to your benefit. If you choose to return in the winter and ski/snowboard our 4000 acres of terrain, please contact us so we can help you plan your next adventure.

Pam
Utah, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

The hotel room I had was well appointed and the bedding most comfortable. My room was on the first floor with a large patio outside my sliding glass door. There was a bistro set by each room . . . supposedly for the guests occupying the room. During the first night, a couple had come out and sat at the bistro by my door and were smoking and talking loudly. They awoke me . . . so I opened the door and asked them to move elsewhere. No problem except I was now wide awake.

Second night, after a very full day of presenting and attending at the Canvas/InstructureCon 2012 conference I returned to my room exhausted. I fell fast asleep only to be awakened by someone hitting my door. Now awake, I heard more noise in the hallway. When I opened the door, I was shocked to see a team of boys playing lacrosse in the hallway. It was 10:30 pm. . . I told them to go to the rooms and go to bed. They told me they did not have to do anything I said. I called the front desk who told me they were told to go to their rooms when they were playing around the lobby. I informed them that they were still playing in the hallway. Would they please do something about it? The boys disappeared for about 10 minutes but they were back at 11 am. The game was still continuing so I called the front desk again and asked if I should call the police. At 11:30 pm, I caught one of the younger boys by the arm and asked him to take me to his parent's room. He said his parents were not there. I ended up having the boy take me to the coaches' room. I awakened the coach and complained. He asked me what he should do? Really are you kidding me? I told him if it did not stop I was calling the police.

Maybe this is acceptable behavior at a Motel 6 or a Days Inn, but not in a hotel that charges this price. Unfortunately, the front desk did not see that it was their responsibility to take care of this problem immediately. When I was checking out the next morning, the front desk clerk asked how my stay was. I complained about the incident the night before and she simply stated that they were sorry I had a bad experience. Why ask if you are not going to do something about a bad experience. Next time, I will not be staying at this hotel. . . . and I advise if you want to get some sleep, then maybe you should not either!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Silverado Lodge, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Dear Canyons Guest:
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor, we appreciate your feedback. Silverado Lodge at Canyons Resort is a beautiful place to stay for both business and pleasure. We thoroughly enjoyed hosting the conference you attended and found the guests to be absolutely delightful. I apologize that you found the LaCrosse teams, who were visiting Park City for a tournament, to be inconsiderate. Our on site Public Safety team addressed the matter immediately thanks to your call. We hope you will return to Park City again so you may enjoy our well appointed rooms and the tranquility of our mountain setting.
pam
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

Relatively convenient but not really walk able in the big picture. Isolated from bulk of canyons resort.
Bedding arrangements not conducive for children (no bunks).
No dressers for clothes. You live out of your bag!
Price is average.
Nice staff and ski check.
Rooms and carpets starting to show wear.

• Stayed March 2012
pamhilse, Manager at Silverado Lodge, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Hello Silverado Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor, I sincerely appreciate the kind words about our staff. Silverado has many different room configurations and I apologize if you found the one assigned didn’t suit your family’s needs. We do have double queen rooms in our lodge which may be a more feasible option offering more space and storage for your next stay! We look forward to your return so your family can enjoy all our beautiful mountain has to offer.
Walnutport, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Silverado is nice enough but still pretty average. The hot tub was nice after a day on the slopes, the skiing was FANTASTIC, the room was decorated nicely but a little tight and we had a SERIOUS heat problem. It got to about 88 degrees during the night and we could not turn it down...we opened the sliding door but then it got too cold...very very uncomfortable night of sleep but we were only there for one night so we dealt with it. We will look at some of the other lodges next time we're there, we'd rather stay closer to the base of the mountain rather than having to wait for the van and hoping one was available to pick us up. At one point they were all off location and we had to wait for about 20 minutes with all our ski gear. Great ski mountain....mediocre lodge.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
pamhilse, Manager at Silverado Lodge, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Dear Silverado Guest:
Thank you for taking time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. At Silverado we appreciate all feedback so we can learn and grow from our guests valued comments. We are glad you enjoyed a fantastic day of skiing followed by a relaxing soak in our outdoor hot tub! I am deeply sorry for the temperature problems you encountered. Although you commented that you would stay closer to the mountain, we would be grateful for another chance for you to have an extraordinary experience with us. Please reach out to me directly if you would like to stay with us in the future.

Thank you for your feedback and Happy Travels.
atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I recently spent 4 nights at Silverado lodge and for the price I paid for 4 nights have absolutely no complaints. Prior to the trip I procrastinated if I should have done slopeside in another property (Sundial etc) or stay at Silverado, and as it turned out this winters poor snow meant that there was no true ski in ski out at Canyons, so I saved quite a considerable amount of cash over slopeside prices. The lodge is more condo than hotel and apart from gym, Pool and hot tub there were no real facilities here, the unit I stayed in 404A was perfectly clean and tidy. Housekeeping was great and the apartment was spotless on my return every day. The shuttles to the slopes are on demand and it takes only a minute to get to the slopes. All the staff at canyons both at the lodge and all over the resort were approachable, friendly and knowledgable. I liked it so much I am considering buying a unit here and would definitely return again

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
philse63, Manager at Silverado Lodge, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Dear Silverado Guest:
Thank you for the kind words posted on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your comments especially those recognizing our hard working Guides. After an epic snowfall last year, the entire Ski Resort Community felt the pains of a drier season. We are fortunate that we have amazing resources (Big SnowMaking Guns!) that allowed for ample skiable terrain. We look forward to your return visit..OR..welcoming you as an Owner, soon.
Pam Hilse

Been to Silverado Lodge? Share your experiences!