“fun and unusual” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 74 things to do in Park City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Thrill seekers, meet your match on Utah's largest Alpine Coaster. The elevated track winds you through more than a mile of loops, curves and hair-pin curves at speeds up to 30 mph. Just like your favorite roller coaster - but with the refreshing mountain scenery of Park City.
Diamond Bar , California
4 attraction reviews
“fun and unusual”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

I like coasters but don't have a head for heights for those that have 100s of feet of open air bekow them and this was great as is use the hill contours and especially as you get to control your speed down the hill. Its a bit hard too find as its tucked away past the ski areas. I thought it expensive at $20 and would have done it again if it had been cheaper as there was little or no wait even on the weekend . not seen one if these before and so as a one off experience would recommend . my two adventuous teenagers enjoyed it enough but it didn't frighten my nervous wife ( too much )

Alexandria, Virginia
8 attraction reviews
“Fun break from skiing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Our whole family did the coaster and it got thumbs up all around. Even though I am not a rollar coaster (or any other amusement park car that goes fast) kind of person, I enjoyed myself since it winds through the trees.

We were lucky that there was no line when we went on the day before Christmas. The ride up was a nice view of the trees and ski trails, and got you started feeling scared about the ride down. The actual ride once you hit the top was pretty short, but fun and exhilarating. No drops like a rollar coaster, just lots of zigs and zags tossing you side-to-side. I think $20 per ride is a little pricey so I only gave it 4 stars, otherwise it would get 5. Highly recommend!

houston
10 attraction reviews
“Was surpised how much fun and thrilling it was”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

After debating if we wanted to pay 20.00 for the ride. We decided what the heck, only live once, got on the ride. We thought it would be a 2 min ride. we were wrong!!. The coaster takes you almost all the way to the top where the ski lifts goes to. When you get to the top, you are in a ride! You control the speed with a brake but we went wide open thru the whole track and was very surprised how fast and thrilling it was

Taylorsville, Utah
“Excellent coaster - just expensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Love this coaster - it's so much fun and I love that it's through the gorgeous woods - even the trip up on the coaster as you travel slowly to the top is enjoyable :) I just didn't like how expensive it was.

Visited September 2013
Utah
11 attraction reviews
“Great fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Took our first ride on the Alpine Coaster in September. As with all the other attractions at the Mountain Resort, the prices are a little up there. A ride on the Coaster and the slide for $26 or any variety of other combinations. Depending on the day, and time of day, there can be a considerable wait. But, the scenery is beautiful, and the ride is worth the wait!

One or two can ride in the carts and you are dragged up to the top of the run then your own weight brings you down the hill. It has all the same feel of a roller coaster in a single car. The cart has a hand brake that allows you to control the speed, if you want to. Or you can just go all out and travel as fast at it will carry you. That's where the fun is!

In and through the trees on the mountainside, traversing through the areas where you ski in the winter time.

In spite of the price and the occasional wait, I will ride the coaster again. In fact, we enjoyed it more than the Alpine Slide!

Visited September 2013