“Beautiful hotel, a little far from Park City.” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1476 Newpark Blvd, Park City, UT 84098   |
Ranked #10 of 58 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary, AB
“Beautiful hotel, a little far from Park City.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

The hotel was very spacious, we had 3 adults and 1 toddler with us and we weren't crowded at all.
The kitchenette was very good, with an oven, stove, fridge and dishwasher.
The hot tub on the balcony was small, but very nice and clean.
Service was great.
The pool was nice and warm. No good for doing laps, but nice.
The gym was a little small, with only one real weight machine.
Overall we were very impressed.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

Everything you could ever need here, whats not to like here! The faciltiy is very nice, and exceeded our expectations. Clean, Friendly staff, with the Bus Stop out front, taking us to Main St. I would stay here again, most definitely.

The King Siz bed was Lush and Plush, with rustic sliding Barn Doors. The Bathroom was super sized, with an overly large walk in glass shower, and full size bath tub. The Family Rm area was nice with kitchen amenitites, fire place and hot tub on the deck. Also stackable washer/dryer.

The location itself is surrounded by a very nice Bakery for breakfast and Whole Foods Mrkt. Great places to pick up a few things to keep on hand in the Condo.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Bayfield, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

This resort is just gorgeous! Check-in was scheduled for 4pm although the great staff was able to accomidate us earlier. Walking into our 2 bedroom luxury suite was breath taking. Long hallway (perfect for the children to play in) Great deck views of the Canyons. Also the beds were to die for, so comfortable (felt like I was sleeping in a cozy nest. The housekeepers were also very good! restocked daily on dish soap, coffee, towels, etc.

Easy access to the heated (very heated) pool. Loved the steam room. The suana never seemed to be working but didn't bother us. The only downfall the entire trip were the chemicals in the pool. Most of our swimsuits were bleached and our childrens skin became very sensitive (my oldest son actually recieved a rash) We talked to the Manager only to find out that "the pool was checked everyday and the levels were correct"- although I have never seen reactions like this in any pool we have swam in.

There is convient shopping within walking distance, grocery, crafts, athletic, clothing, coffee, tumbling studio for the kids, daycare center (which we didn't use), wells fargo bank. etc.

We would definitely go back, infact we have already booked for march!! hehe

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
New York, NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

I came to Park City for MLK weekend and booked a luxury room. The room is gorgeous - I loved the generous space, kitchen, and lighting. There is a private hot tub outside which was great too. The location is very convenient - you have all your stores, entertainment, salons, etc all within walking distance. It's not a bad drive from the airport either.

However the customer service is horrible (for a resort like this, as I expected more) and it's the only thing that is preventing me from coming back here. The front desk is very impersonal and I thought it was very strange for a nice resort like this to have such nonchalant/negative front desk. When we walked in no one greeted us and when I walked up to check in I had to actually get their attention. This happened several times where I felt I was purposely being ignored. When I did get their attention they were very impersonal and I was the one that had to make an effort to be nice.

Anyways, I loved the hotel rooms, everything was perfect but the customer service.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
franklin, tn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

Great overall stay, but the front desk personnel could have been more inviting. But first the good: very nice & new condotel development. we stayed in a deluxe luxury suite with the combined bdrm and living room and were very pleased. although the condotel is @2 years old, our room and the rest of the premises seemed brand new! accommodations were 4/5 star. their bathroom was very nice, tiled, granite ctrp, frameless shower door, etc. there is also ample storage place and a long hallway from the entrance to the bdrm/living area. the kitchen was also perfectly adjoined to the living area(even has a full size stainless steel fridge)
the lobby and rest of the comlex was also very nice and well done. in addition, we tried all the restaurants contained within the condotel and they were all good. my wife even preferred eating there than going downtown historic park city! Maxwell's, GoodThymes(need to try the chicken pot pie), & kneaders were all great. Kneaders was especially inexpensive & a great place for soup and sandwiches.
But, like I mentioned in the beginning - the front desk staff seemed preoccupied most of the time, even when no one was around. For the week we were there, I don't think they acknowledged us once! When we checked in, we were the only ones in the lobby at the time and there was no,' welcome to newpark, etc. ' I had to start the conversation and begin the checkin process ourselves. She was very automated/impersonal. It was our first time in park city - and were very excited - and she just basically dumped on our parade. Don't expect the front desk to say, 'good morning' or 'have a nice day' during your stay. They're too busy surfing the internet or pretending to be busy. After the 1st two days, we decided that they weren't worth it and we enjoyed the rest of our stay.
All in all, would definitely come back if they would have been a least bit considerate, but it's just a probable now. they did have the best rates during the holiday period and they are really just 5 min. to the Canyons and 10 min. to PCMR

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
chriseggs, Manager at Newpark Resort & Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2011
Dear NDIrish12 Family:

I am sorry for the negative aspect of your vacation and experience. I am thrilled about the positive elements, but my emotions are bittersweet. In this instance, it seems CLEAR that our staff failed to deliver, above all, a positive and memorable guest experience.

As the General Manager, I appreciate forums for feedback like TripAdvisor.com. The opportunity to hear directly from our guests - both the positive experiences/memories and occasional negative experiences - is priceless. I am grateful that you took the time to provide valuable and detailed feedback – I am only remised that in this instance you and your family didn’t bring the criticism to the attention of a manager while on vacation (as far as I can tell). I know that doing so would not have erased the experience you had, but I know that I would have welcomed the chance to react to your experience in real-time (I still hope we can). I assure you that we 1) care about our customers and their experiences; 2) we listen to our customers; and 3) we respond/react. I will work with the team to address the concerns and look forward to a conversation with you soon.

Regards,
Chris Eggleton, General Manager
chris@newparkresort.com | 435-649-3600, Ext 6006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

We got stuck in the Boston snowstorm and risked missing our vacation after Christmas. The folks at the resort worked with us to delay our vacation until we could get there. They were awesome- some of the snooty resorts would have let us lose our money- but these folks bent over backwards to help us. The 2 BR condo is perfect for a family. Lots of room with everything you need. The carpets are a bit worn- but that is to be expected with skiiers coming in and out. The places are clean, well equipped, modern and has a garage- priceless that you dont have to clean car after a storm. Everything you need is in complex- whole foods, massage, ski rental, movies, bowling. GREAT for families. DO not miss Kneaders-- the bakery- incredible. Alll you can eat heavenly french toast and pancakes.. Great cinnamon buns, breads, desserts- go often. Would definitely stay here again -best value all you are missing is being slopeside- but with the money you save, you pay for the lift tickets.. Thanks to the wonderful reservation folks for moving our reservation in the busiest time of the year..

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

We spent New Year's week/weekend at Newpark Resort and had a wonderful time! The resort offered convenient bus access to the nearby ski resorts and had great amenities on site for relaxing/dining after a day on the slopes. We loved the hot tub on our outdoor deck - such a great way to relax before dinner! Every room also has an electric fireplace which was a cozy amenity!
The hotel was quiet and although it was supposedly "soldout" for the New Year's weekend, it certainly didn't seem that way. The front desk staff was helpful and nice. We decided not to rent a car due to the significant snowfall Salt Lake area received the day we arrived. An SUV/4 wheel drive car was required to pass through the Canyon en route to the hotel from the airport; so, we found it to be easier/safer just to use a $30/person/oneway shuttle service that we found at the SLC airport. Once we got to the hotel, we realized that a car really wasn't necessary. We used the free bus system to get to Park City and Canyons resorts and found that they run on time and frequently.
The hotel was close to many restaurants and a shopping center (both in walking distance) which offered convenient options for dining/grocery store/starbucks.
We rented skis from Breeze on site and received the discount (25%) which was a good option. There are also Breeze locations at some of the mountains which may be more convenient if you don't want to carry your gear on the bus. All in all the resort (including a small fitness center and outdoor pool/hot tub) was great and just what we were looking for to compliment our days on the slopes! We recommend Newpark!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Newpark Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!