“Wonderful stay-would highly recommend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Farmington, Utah
“Wonderful stay-would highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

We were very surprised for the price how wonderful our suite was. Large enough livingroom that 10 of our friends could sit and talk. Hot tub on the deck, washer/dryer/ large closets, full sized fridge with icemaker, dishwasher. I am into bedding. I believe in only the good stuff. The sheets felt as good as our $500. per sheet bedding. Lots of pillows, great down comforter, nice bed...it does not get better for the PRICE! Close to the resorts and walking distance to the shopping at Redstone. Free shuttle to downtown if you want to go. Clean as a whistle. RENT THE SUITE--NORMAL ROOMS ARE VERY SMALL. It does not get any better for families since the small rooms are adjoining to the large suite.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
waban, ma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

This hotel is feast or famine. When I checked in, I was given a tiny room with two little dirty windows. This room was a "B" room attached to a more luxurious suite. I complained aobut the lack of light and was told I could upgrade for $40. I declined. That night, I discovered that the air conditioning thrust all the air to the head of the bed. I was up half the night trying to either sleep without ventilation or sleep in a wind tunnel. At 7:30 a.m. I went downstairs and said I couldn't take another night of such torture. The front desk clerk showed me another room, same size, only this one had a single window that looked out into a shaft. I wasn't asking for a view -- just some natural light. I told the clerk no way. I told her after losing a nights sleep,I wanted a complimentary upgrade. She said she did not have the authority to upgrade me, only the manager could, and he wasn't coming in that day. I said, please call him. She went to the back office, and came back five minutes later in tears, saying I was being jupgraded. I was given a magnificent room with a view and a private hot tub.
Only stay here if you are absolutely positive that they are giving you a decent room. The bad rooms, which they call "deluxe," are like calling a MacDonald's burger "prime rib."

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
chriseggs, General Manager at Newpark Resort & Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
To assist future travelers, I hope to address the size of the accommodations. I believe it is important that potential customers are aware of the actual size and features in the accommodations. Below is the summary of the categories:

HOTEL DELUXE ROOM: At approximately 400 square feet, Deluxe Rooms have sleeping capacity of 4-people (recommended two adults and 1-2 kids MAXIMUM) and offer the following amenities:
• BEDDING: Queen Bed, 300+ thread-count custom linens and plush pillows and duvets.
• LIVING AREA: Gas fireplace, queen sleep sofa with the same luxurious bedding and 32” LG Flat Panel, HDTV televisions on full-motion mounting system.
• BATHROOM: large soaking bath tub/shower, heated tile flooring and single vanity with solid granite countertop. Supple bamboo/cotton blended towels and bathrobes. Premium, spa quality bath amenities. Natural light.
• KITCHENETTE: Equipped with convenience sink, mini-refrigerator, solid granite countertops & Keurig single-cup brew station. No microwave.
• VIEW: Light-well view. Panoramic views of the mountains and surrounding areas, ONLY exist in Suites or Townhomes.
• OTHER: Complimentary internet access, both Wi-Fi and direct connect. Iron & ironing board. Wall safe. Daily housekeeping.

I believe these accommodations are certainly "deluxe" by many standards. There are literally thousands of guests who have found our Deluxe Rooms more than accommodating.

HOTEL SUITES: Suites have two basic floor plans – a private, 1-Bedroom or an openly designed Great Room. All suite provide a spacious layout with many functional considerations. At approximately 800 square feet, there is plenty of room to relax and unwind. (recommended two adults, two adults + 1-2 Kids or 4-Adults MAXIMUM) and offer the following amenities:
• BEDDING: King Bed, 300+ thread-count custom linens, plush pillows and duvets.
• LIVING ROOM: 3-sided gas fireplace, queen sleep sofa with the same luxurious bedding and incredible 32” LG Flat Panel, HDTV televisions on full-motion mounting systems.
• BATHROOM: large soaking bath tub, separate full standing shower, heated tile flooring and dual vanities with solid granite countertop. Supple bamboo/cotton blended towels and bathrobes. Premium, spa quality bath amenities. Natural light.
• KITCHEN: Well-equipped kitchen and accessories, with service for 8-people. Stainless refrigerator/freezer, microwave/convection oven, electric 2-burner range and dishwasher. Kuerig single-cup brew station.
• VIEW, HOT TUB & DECK: Spacious, private deck offer guests unobstructed views of the 3 ski Areas, Utah Olympic Park and the Swaner Nature Preserve. Hot Tubs are freshly-filled prior to each arrival and allow views of 32” HD TVs.

HOTEL SUITES and DELUXE ROOMS may be combined for a TWO-ROOM HOTEL SUITE

TOWNHOMES:
The Newpark Townhomes offer the most spacious accommodations. Three floor plans average 1,350 square feet. Each Townhome sits on the edge of an ecologically important nature preserve, offering a refreshing glimpse of Park City’s natural beauty. Townhomes have sleeping capacity of 6-8 people and offer the following amenities:
• BEDDING: Not all bedding is the same, typical bedding is: First master bedroom equipped with king bed, second master bedroom equipped with (2) twins beds (some have a queen bed), upstairs den equipped with 1- or 2-twin trundle beds. *Bedding configuration is not guaranteed.
• KITCHEN: Fully-equipped kitchen and accessories, with service for 12-people. stainless refrigerator, freezer, microwave, oven, 4-burner gas range and dishwasher.
• LIVING ROOM: 3-Sided Gas Fireplace. 3/4 bathroom. Queen sleep sofa. Flat panel, televisions on full-motion mounting systems.
• BATHROOM: Three full bathrooms, spacious and equipped with granite countertops and spa quality bath amenities.
• HOT TUB & DECKS: Spacious, private decks offer guests unobstructed views of the 3 ski areas, Utah Olympic Park or the Swaner Nature Preserve. Private hot tubs are freshly-filled prior to each arrival and allow views of flat panel televisions.
• OTHER: Washer/Dryer. Private, attached garage. Iron & ironing board. Wall safe. Mid-stay housekeeping with daily housekeeping available. Natural light throughout. A select number of Townhomes have Internet, Air Conditioning and participate in the Hotel’s Amenities program that grants townhome guests access to the Hotel’s Indoor/Outdoor pool with lap lane, outdoor hot tub, steam room, sauna and fitness center.

It is important that guests understand their accommodations and the property. Guests are encouraged to discuss requests and desires prior to arrival to ensure that expectations can be met as often such requests are subject to availability. If you have ANY questions, please call us.

Regards,

Chris Eggleton | General Manager | chris@newparkresort.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

We recently stayed at this hotel for a week while my partner was on a business trip to Salt Lake City. We chose to stay in the mountains rather than the city for the scenery and recreation since I would be vacationing while he was working. We were a little wary because of some of the tripadvisor reviews saying the rooms were odd and the view was basically a parking lot. Don't believe it!!

It is true that the layout of our one bedroom luxury suite was a bit odd with a long hallway/entranceway but the suite was very well-appointed and delightful to stay in. The full kitchen was amazing and allowed us to eat breakfast in the room each day as well as store leftovers from our yummy meals out. The hot tub and fire place were downright luxurious as was the voluminous bathroom. The bedroom itself was a little on the small side but the bed was super comfortable and it was nice to be able to tuck the bedroom away behind the pocket doors.

To be fair, the hotel is indeed located in a parking lot. However, unless you are looking down rather than out at the lovely mountain vista, it really didn't matter and the surrounding view was lovely. The fact that it was in a parking lot meant it was super convenient to two grocery stores, shops, a movie theater and multiple restaurants. It is convenient to the highway and about a 10 min drive to downtown Park City. One wonderful perq is that it is directly across the street from the Utah Olympic Park which has free admission to its museum and facilities. I spent a lot of time over there watching athletes train for the upcoming Olympics.

If you are looking for a ski in/ski out resort, this is definitely not the place for you. If you don't mind driving to the ski resorts and want to be centrally located with easy access to Salt Lake City and the wonderful parks and activities in the area as well as convenient shopping, this is a great hotel. I think you probably get a lot more for your money here than at many of the ski oriented places closer to Park City itself.

The only thing this hotel lacked was the ability to obtain a humidifier for the room. I am a flatlander and wasn't used to the elevation and dry air which resulted in a sinus infection. Fortunately I was able to buy a cheap humidifier at the nearby grocery store. Just would have been nice if the hotel provided them or had them available for rent.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

Overall great hotel! My friends and I (three girls) stayed here and got a very good rate for a one bedroom suite which was practically new and very clean. The suite included a kitchenette, washer/dryer, spacious bathroom, fireplace, living area, balcony with hot tub, flat screen tv. The furnishings are very nice, comfortable beds. The bathroom has heated floors! Housekeeping was amazing b/c they would pick up dirty dishes and run our dishwasher everyday!

The hotel is located 15 minutes away from the ski Park City ski resorts and there is a nice tour bus (free) that runs during the day to and from resorts! There is storage located in the hotel for ski storage as well. The hotel is situated in the back of a small shopping center next to grocery stores, coffee shop, restaurants, and other retailers. There is a ski rental shop on-site. Try the crepe place next door and good sports bar restaurant!

The front desk is very helpful and friendly. Although we didn't utilize the extras, there is a fitness center, pool and lounging areas in the hotel! Would definitely stay here again. I think we got lucky with a cheap rate for a suite that is typically much more expensive.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

My fiancee and I along with 2 friends booked a deluxe suite. New Park resort is about 10 mins drive from park city ski mtn and about 5 mins from canyon and 15 mins from deer valley.

this was our FIRST time to park city and we did 4 nts at new park and then did a condo with resort quest. if you are like we were - debating between hotel vs. condo, speak to us. i regret leaving new park and taking a condo - we chose a gold rated condo with resort quest.

we paid about US$350/nt for a deluxe 2 br at new park, fire place was awesome, laundry/dryer were great, beds comfortable - do note thereis only ONE king, the other room has a queen and sleeping bed/sofa. bathrooms are very nice and the hot tub is fantaastic.

only draw back is there is no view, we saw a parking lot and directly across is construction, so the advertising of clear view of mtns is false.

overall, great value, there are no restaurants in the hotel, its got a nice interior, i would stay here again.

is it too far from the resorts, no, its not walking distance, but if you have a car its very convenient. its also minutes from the outlet, there is also a large shopping complex next to the hotel.

let us know if you have q's, we were just there last week of feb / first week of mar. brilliant time

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

OK... I was turned on to this property by a place called Mountain Reservations. I was nervous bc for the last 2 years I have stayed across the street at the Hampton Inn and I could throw a snoball and hit Ruby Tuesdays and the Hampton also had an indoor pool. Well, the hotel assured me there was much we could walk too and they were exactly right. Actually we ate 2 nights at a place called Maxwells which was directly under our room. We only had to take about 60 steps outside to get there. Inside the lobby is a Breeze ski rental. There is a Massage Envy and a Mexican Grill within the same distance. We walked to the grocery store the first day and it took about 8 minutes to walk there. We also took about a 8 minute walk to a Brew Pup that had great food and a theatre and a Cold Stone Creamery was right across from the restaurant. Add in a TJ Max and a Starbucks and this place is right in the middle of the action.
Now for the rooms...awesome!!! We had two rooms joining together.... So the one room that was the smaller one had a small fridge and sink, fireplace, fold out leather sofa, flat screen tv, huge bathroom with a huge shower tub and a HEATED floors, yes heated floors. You go down the hall and there are 2 closests and a stackable washer/dryer. Then is the 2nd bedroom...another flat panel tv and a nice sized closet in this room. The next room is the bathroom... a double sink, a glass shower, and a jetted tub and heated floors in here also. Then you have the den area, with a table and 4 chairs, leather sofa, fireplace, flat panel tv, a great balcony with great mountain views and a hot tub on the deck.
The negatives I read about were the daily construction noises...and yes...right outside there was much construction...but we never heard the noise. This area will be jumping next year when I go back... Best Buy coming...and many many shops.
One of the other negatives I read was the staff. I will say this... checking in is a very quite uneventfull occurance. The girl that checked us in was younger and not real outgoing, but she was nice and all was ready...really you cannot ask for much more. She did end up getting me a screwdriver to repair my suitcase and she found a coat my son left in the excercise room. There as another front desk person and he was very nice and very helpful with many recommendations.
What I liked. Kitchen...a smooth top stove with 2 eyes, a dishwasher, a very very nice microwave and a full size fridge with a purified water tap...all in stainless steel. Right outside our door is a lounge area... with a huge fire pit, a large flat panel tv, and about 20 very comfortable chairs. However, with the size of our room we did not need much more room to unwind. My kids are still not into skiiing daily...and if we were being this far out might be a hastle...but since we do other things besides skiing this spot is great.
I will add the inside/outside pool is superb, it has a very very large excercise room, and add in a sauna and a stem room.
Newpark Inn has me as long as I go back to Park City.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2009

We loved our room. Had a 1 bedroom suite. The bed was big and comfy, extra pillows which were also very comfy. Bathroom was huge with a walkin shower and jetted, oversized tub. Flat screen tvs in the bedroom and living room. Hot tub was a bonus and our child loved it. I noticed in a previous review that the layout was strange. Maybe a little bit - it had a straight hallway with the master off the hallway, then you entered the living area. Amenities - the pool was awesome. It's a lap pool where you can swim from inside the hotel to outside the hotel. A fan favorite for our family. The workout room was also above standards. There is nothing but praise to say about this hotel. Comfy, big bed; upscale, large bathroom; personal hot tub; FANTASTIC pool; great workout room; and finally, wonderful price. We will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to Newpark Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!