“Great place” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Panama City, Panama
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Good Hotel. the room is like a small apto. It has a full kitchen, a terrace with a big jacucussi. It is very clean and comfortable, Sheets are soft. The staff is friendly and helpful. It is in walking distance to restaurant, whole foods, starbucks and more.

Room Tip: higher floors better view,
Green Features: green friendly. you can choose to help with towels and sheets not on the floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

320 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband and I ADORE this lovely boutique hotel. We've stayed twiceand absolutely love it. Here's why:

1. Super convenient to everything we could want - located right off I-80, in a complex that meets all of our staycation wants - Whole Food, boutique shopping, a wide assortment of eateries (some great, some okay, but all passable), close to day spas, Tanger Outlets, even a movie theater and big, modern bowling alley/family entertainment center, Olympic Park and just a short drive to downtown Park City,

2. Well appointed - from the grand lobby to the individual rooms, the property is well thought out. The lobby is beautiful, grand fireplaces, comfy and attractive seating. The rooms though, are the star. We have always opted for the suite which has a balcony with hot tub. Please note that the balcony with said tub is privately yours to use, but do not think that it is a private spot. It overlooks public space, and your neighbors in adjacent hotel rooms can see right over the 3/4 wall. If you're hoping for privacy in your hot tub, that's not an option. That being said, the kitchen is lovely - full-sized refrigerator, two-burner cooking space, sink, dishwasher, and convection microwave. We love to go to Whole Foods, stock up on fresh fruit and cold beverages, and stock our fridge with our favorite snacks. While they do not offer room service, Maxwell's Pizzeria (on property) does deliver. And honestly, there are so many places right in the shopping plaza, that room service is not an absolute must. The bedroom is unremarkable - a captain's bed, a closet, and a TV. Both times we stayed (at different ends of the hotel) our bedroom was overly warm, but that was easily handled by opening the window. The living room/kitchen area has a nice fireplace, which is soothing to cuddle up in front of after skiing, or even just right out of the hot tub. The bathroom is a highlight. Enormous sunken tub, separate shower, heated floor and a lovely haven from the outside world. The pool is indoor/outdoor which is fun in the snow. There is an outdoor hot tub by the pool, and there is a dry sauna to dry off in. Additionally, the rooms have a washer/dryer combo that is handy and convenient.

3. Variables - the staff is sometimes slammed up front, and since they only have front desk staff of 2-3, it can get backed up. The parking lot views are not all that attractive, but that's the price for all that convenience. As for dassus' comment about the heavy doors, they are heavy but they do have accessible buttons that will open the side doors for you. Additionally, Park City, being on a mountain, can be bone-chilling cold. I'd prefer doors that stay the chill. While I have never found the staff to be anything but bend-over-backwards accommodating, I can see how someone might get frustrated having to wait awhile to check in. In conversations with management, I've always found them to be gracious and anxious to exceed our expectations and wants. I would hope that more of the in-complex dining options would offer delivery, but I think that's more a function of staffing at the restaurants than a lack of willingness on the part of the hotel.

Lastly, they offer a 15% discount to repeat guests, and a 20% discount for active duty military. We always stay off-season and we find the rates to be very reasonable for what we're getting. In all honestly, the Newpark experience has ruined me for other local hotels. Nothing else holds a candle within the price point. Grand America used to be my go-to hotel, but now that I've stayed at Newpark, even the Grand (while lovely) isn't as appealing. Newpark is modern, fresh, and gives me an affordable yet elegant home away from home. For this NYC transplant, I can honestly say I could live there as if it were an apartment and be entirely content. All in all, it's a lovely place to stay and I can't wait to go back. My only regret is that there is nothing else like it...so when they're booked, there's nothing even close. I'd rather go nowhere than anywhere else locally.

Newpark, thanks for all you offer. Can't wait to visit soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Staff was very unfriendly and unhelpful. Took us a long time to check in because registration staff was too busy tlaking to one another to assist us.We asked how to get how to get to Olympic Park and were told that they didn't know, even though it was right across the road. No maps available. Very little to do in Park City in the summer- most of the shops and restaurants advertised as nearby were closed. Rooms laid out rather strangly- long entry hallways look like a bowling alley. Felt like staying in a dormitory. Restaurant which appears to be on site is not affiliated with the hotel- no room service or room charges available. Was there for a meeting and had to contract with an outside caterer.
Park City is a lovely area, but will certainly stay elsewhere if we go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
CarolineC-Manager, Front Office Manager at Newpark Resort & Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Suitcase11526,

I am trying to locate your reservation to send you a personal message as well, but wanted to convey my sincere apologies for your dissatisfying stay in July. Since joining the Newpark team in late July, I have made significant changes to the staff and training in an effort to drastically improve each and every guests experience. The review of the staff and service, though disappointing to me, may have been an accurate reflection of how things were; but in no way would they reflect the kind, warm and helpful service you would receive now. I hope you would consider returning to Newpark Resort to experience the positive changes that have been implemented and to give us the opportunity to revise your opinion and leave you with a fantastic experience and wonderful memories.

Caroline Cahall
Front Office Manager
Newpark Resort and Hotel
caroline@newparkresort.com
Spanish Fork, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed here for a romantic get-away weekend. Overall, it was great. We had a few issues that were really annoying though, especially what is supposedly a higher class resort.

First, in the lobby, the large doors are amazing. Very, very beautiful. But a pain in the butt to open. I know that's minor, but when you are dragging along a bunch of luggage, those beautiful doors are a pain to get though. As I struggled to open them, I caught a glimpse of the desk clerk. Pretty sure they were laughing at me. Instead of offering to help, they were chuckling. There were two of them there. One very easily could have offered to lend me a hand. Or at least, hold the door open. Nope. Luckily check in was a breeze at that point and we got into our room to relax.

The room was beautiful. Very large and very open. We loved the hot tub on the deck. I knew that there wasn't a lot of privacy on the decks between the hot tubs. I had read many reviews on several different web sites before booking this hotel. But I was really surprised at how little privacy there actually was. There were only half walls between each deck. So there was no privacy at all. Regardless, we took good advantage of the hot tub. Sitting out there with the views and the snow falling was really, really beautiful. There is one TV in the room, which was clear across from the bed. Since we were there to veg out and relax, and lounge in bed all day, the TV being that far away was a little annoying. The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were uncomfortable for sleeping. Great for lounging and relaxing, but neck breaking during the night.

We had a problem with the heat in the room. We could not get it to go lower. It was so freaking hot in there. Sleeping at night was nearly impossible. When we did get to sleep, the people who were above us must have been elephants - the way that they stomped around was ridiculous. I know when you have floors above you , (we were on the 3rd), you are going to hear movement. But at a place as nice as this, I would have thought noise wouldn't be an issue. Trust me, it was. So between the stomping from above and the intense heat in the room, we got very little sleep and the sleep we got was very poor.

The bathroom was amazing. The heated floors were so nice! Huge tub for soaking. Double sinks and a huge shower. LOVED the bathroom!

We used the resort pool, which was nice. We same under the divider to swim outside in the snow. We love the hot tub outside during the snow storm. It was a really interesting sensation feeling the cold snow fall on your face while your body was soaking in the hot water! We tried the dry sauna, which was hot and dry (haha). We tried the wet sauna, but it smelled moldy. I used the exercise facility, which was decent. There wasn't any drinking water in there, which was weird. Later while at the pool I saw the drinking fountains. But no water for exercising was not what I was expecting.

The resort/hotel is in an excellent location with many activities and restaurants close by. We didn't have any problem finding something to eat or drink at any point during our stay. Very nice to have all the options so close by.

I really want to rate this place higher, since it was so nice and we really did have a good time. But the fun we had was the get away itself and not so much the hotel. Would we stay there again, maybe. Based on location, absolutely. But the minor issues (and yes I know they were all minor issues), add up to make me consider staying else where in the future.

Room Tip: Our room was 310A. It was on the busy side of the street. We could hear noise from the stores and re...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
CarolineC-Manager, Front Office Manager at Newpark Resort & Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Dassus,

I would first like to extend my deepest apologies for these minor issues that changed your opinion and overall experience that you had at Newpark Resort. I do thank you for your constructive criticism as we treat guest service as our highest priority and can only learn and grow from our guest’s feedback. At Newpark we take pride in having 24 hour assistance in both maintenance and at the front desk, and were not aware of the issue with the heat within your condo. Since seeing your review maintenance has done a check of the condo specified to fix any issues you may have experienced. I have also spoken with my staff in regards to your first experience at the door. This is unacceptable and I apologize, as we should have made a point to assist you if available to do so at the least by directing you to our automatic doors at the side of the main entrance.

With this stated, it sounds as though you loved the area and particular aspects of your stay. I do feel if given the chance your opinion can be swayed for the better by coming back to experience Newpark again, free of the minor negatives. I have provided my email information below and will also be reaching out to you directly. I hope to speak with you soon.

Kind Regards,
Caroline Cahall
Front Office Manager
Newpark Resort and Hotel
Caroline@newparkresort.com
Syracuse, Utah, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This hotel is very nice and located by everything. There is a Smiths and Whole Foods grocery store within walking distance. Also plenty of restaurants and shopping. It is very close to the Olympic Park. It fit our family of 6 very nicely. It came with a hot tub, which my teenagers loved. They do have DVD players at the front desk that you have to ask for. They have a swimming pool, fitness room, sauna and steam room, which we took advantage of. I wish they served a continental breakfast there. I would have given it 5 stars if they had the breakfast. Otherwise, the hotel staff was friendly and the hotel was very clean. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Layton, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed in the town houses this last weekend. We checked in on Friday and unloaded our car, including our bikes. We put them in the garage, closed the garage door, and left to do some shopping. When we returned, our garage door was wide open. We thought we must not have closed the door. But, then, the same thing happened Saturday when we left. We returned, and the garage door was open. Finally, on Sunday morning my wife and daughter awoke to our garage door opening and someone coming into our townhouse. When we reported this to the front desk, the response was, "Oh, we'll have someone check that out." Nothing more.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CarolineC-Manager, Front Office Manager at Newpark Resort & Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
We apologize for your experience and feeling of concern for your safety. Although the mechanical issue with the garage door was resolved within an hour after reported to us by the traveler, we empathize with their concerns. Rest assured, our staff holds the security of our guests and staff in the highest regard.

Regards,

Caroline Cahall | Front Office Manager | Caroline@newparkresort.com
SLC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I live locally in Salt Lake and have stayed at Newpark twice. Just brought my sister from out of state up to Park City overnight and specifically chose Newpark as our hotel for it's convenience to entertainment, restaurants, shopping and outdoors all in walking distance. Beautiful hotel and rooms (stayed both times in a suite). Full kitchen, gas fireplace, hot tub - all very nice! Great service. Gorgeous views. What's even better is that for all it's convenience to food, shopping, freeway etc is that it is right next door to Swaner Nature Preserve - literally walked out the front door and went for the most beautiful, serene mountain run along the trails right there. Best of both worlds. Such a nice get away - will for sure keep coming back.

Room Tip: Recommend the suite
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Newpark Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!