“Enjoyed Newpark Resort, construction and all!!!” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1476 Newpark Blvd, Park City, UT 84098   |
Ranked #11 of 59 hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cape Cod, MA
“Enjoyed Newpark Resort, construction and all!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2008

We stayed in this resort during President's week in February. Our unit was townhouse #17, right around the corner from the hotel that was still being built. There was a lot of construction going on while we were there, welders, dump trucks, back hoes, and construction workers everywhere, but since we were skiing most of the day, it didn't bother us too much.

The unit had nice granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances, a big master bedroom and bathroom with a large walk in shower, but the other bedroom and bath was small, with two twins. There was also a futon in the upstairs hall. Perfect for a family, but not equal sleeping accommodations for two couples. We enjoyed the small private hot tub on our deck after skiing all day. It didn't work the second night, but was repaired immediately the next morning. Also, this unit didn't have any internet access. The front desk was kind enough to let me use their computer to check on flights though.

The location was great, lots of shopping including a Whole Foods, plus it's right off the highway and right down the road from the ski resorts. There was also a free shuttle but after they forgot to pick us up from the mountain (after calling for 2 hours), we drove to the ski resorts ourselves the rest of the time. Olympic Park is right across the street which we really enjoyed.

Overall, I would recommend Newpark Resort, but since it wasn't completed when we were there, I would call to make sure you won't have to deal with any construction if that might bother you.

• Liked — Proximity to the slopes, comfortable and relaxing accommodations once inside the unit!
  • Disliked — The construction and lack of internet access in the townhouse.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

334 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2008

We traveled to Utah in early February 2008 for some skiing in Park City. We stayed 8 nights at the Newpark Resort. Our crew generally likes to stay at a ski in / ski out, but we weren’t willing to pay a fortune for lodging this trip. I would describe our style as modern/contemporary – my husband and I and our best friends really like the granite counter tops, wood floors, stainless steel look – and we found this for a fraction of the price at Newpark. When we looked at the town homes on the website – we all thought “looks great, what’s the catch?” Honestly there was no catch – with the exception that this is not a ski in/ ski out location. We booked a 2 bedroom, 3 bathroom town house online for about $170 per couple – per night. The accommodations included an attached single-car garage, private decks, and a hot tub.

The town house was very clean! The master bedroom was huge and had a balcony. The bathroom was spacious – but shower only. There was plenty of closet space and a tv w/ cable. There was a small loft area w/ a daybed, but honestly it offers no privacy for whomever is sleeping there. It’s a good place for the kids or a buddy who decides to go at the last minute. The daybed also had a trundle so 2 people could sleep in the loft area. Te washer/dryer is also located upstairs in the same loft area, but was hidden away in a closet. The other bedroom was of decent size and had its own bathroom in the bedroom. This bathroom was average size but had a bathtub/shower combo. Downstairs there was another full bathroom, which I think is a plus – especially when trying to get ready. The floor plan downstairs is open. There is a small table with chairs to accommodate 4 and bar chairs so that people can sit and eat at the counter. The kitchen was well equipped with cooking necessities (pots/pans/silverware). The couch was comfy and there was a ultra comfy lazy boy type of chair. The fireplace kept us warm and toasty and we enjoyed the plasma which was mounted on the wall above the fireplace. My only complaint is that the sitting area was a bit small. This is ok for 4 adults and maybe a child, but don’t attempt to cram 6 adults in this house! The sliding glass doors in the living area open onto a deck. There was a private hot tub, but again the hot tub was on the small side – 4 adults barely fit in there. They had also added so much chlorine that my skin itched and my swimsuit smelled like chemicals even after several washings. We only used the hot tub once. 2 Markets are within walking distance. However, remember when you buy groceries that you still have to carry everything back! We were in a unit that was closer to the markets. Also for all of the java junkies – there is a Starbucks there too! I spent a little bit of time there because Newpark does not have WiFi! The resort is located at Redstone – which is a complex that has a movie theater, shopping and tons of eating establishments.

The resort also provides a shuttle to and from the following ski resorts – The Canyons, Park City, and Deer Valley at no additional cost. However, you must book your van reservation by 6 PM the night before. You can book a standard pick-up time for your entire trip if you wish. The local transit system is free and easy to navigate, but may I suggest you wear regular boots/shoes and carry your ski boots – the bus is difficult to manage while wearing ski boots and carrying poles/skis. All resorts have locker rentals. Cabs are abundant – a cab from the resort into downtown Park City will run you $18 each way.

While there we spent time at the No Name Saloon. Yes, you can drink alcohol in Utah! No Name had a nice vibe and they also had real beer – not the reduced alcohol content – just ask. Bistro 412 had great food and wine. We also ate at Robert Redford’s restaurant – Zoom – get a reservation! All of the resorts were great. Apres ski was good at Deer Valley and Park City. Try their signature cocktails!

The only drawback to this entire trip – was that at the end of March I discovered a miscellaneous charge from Newpark on my credit card. When I called to inquire about this charge – I was told that it was for our 8th night. I said that they were mistaken because both couples had paid in full prior to our arrival. I was given the run around and given several different far fetched explanations. I was promised that individuals from the accounting department would return calls – which never happened. I finally had to file a dispute with my credit card company. Hopefully this is the exception – not the norm. Honestly that was the only truly negative thing about our entire experience, but aggravating nonetheless.

Stayed February 2008
memphis, tn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2008

I was excited to stay at the new Newpark hotel, but we just came back from a very disappointing stay. First off, the place just opened so I hope they are going to work out some of the kinks. The service is nonexcistant and abysmal. The front desk clerk didn't know whcih way was up. The hotel is in a good area within walking distance to a movie theater, restaurants, ski shops, and Smith's grocery store. The free bus route gets you around town. The hotel had decent furniture but pretty bad and itchy linens. The 1 bedroom rooms don't even have views! You have a window, but it overlooks an INTERIOR fountain. It is NOT for the claustrophobic. I also found it very loud and we could hear every single noise in the unit next door. The larger units have on-deck hot tubs which are nice. I was just overall unimpressed with this hotel. It just felt and looked "cheap" in every respect.

Stayed March 2008
chriseggs, General Manager at Newpark Resort & Hotel, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Although I appreciate the feedback from the guest, this review is clearly outdated. Given the stay occurred during our inital opening period, we did have issues that have been resolved.

Regards,

Chris Eggleton | General Manager | chris@newparkresort.com
skionsnow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2008

One of the most luxurious hotels I have ever experienced. The interior design is visually enticing and creates a modern high class environment. No tacky floral patterns here. The views of the nature preserve and Park City are stunning. I felt completely relaxed and rejuvenated after my stay. I would definitely recommend staying here when visiting Park City.

• Liked — The modern architectural and interior design.
  • Disliked — The migraine I got in after dinner (but that's not the hotel's fault)
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Newpark Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!