“Honeymoon stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Honeymoon stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed here for the first night of our honeymoon. We were quite happy with the resort. The room was pretty big, and the hot tub on the deck was nice. The only complaints I'd have are pretty minor - the hot tub was a bit too hot for our likes. I realize most resorts of this type don't offer breakfast, but it would have been very nice to have some sort of continental breakfast or something available at the resort itself. Overall though it was a great place to stay, good sized rooms for the money, private hot tub, and fireplace were nice features.

Room Tip: I called and told them it was for our honeymoon, they put us in a corner room on the top floor. I t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Hooper, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I've just spent 3 wonderful days in Park City for Mother's Day weekend. Our rooms were absolutely beautiful. They were very clean. We had a hot tub on our balcony which is above the restaurants. We could only hear people when we walked out to the balcony. It is far enough from the freeway that you can't hear it but it only takes about 3 minutes to get there. Several shops and restaurants within walking distance. Plenty of paths close to run, walk, bike.

The staff was very professional, kind and helpful.

I didn't review a breakfast because I don't think there is one available to guests but Kneaders is in the same building.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor of 4, not sure if it wasn't a busy weekend or it's just a very quie...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
chriseggs, General Manager at Newpark Resort & Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear danellw:

I am thrilled to read that your Mother's Day weekend was such a success. All moms need a a relaxing vacation, and not much is better that a Newpark weekend getaway to Park City, Utah!

I did notice that you have an issue connecting to our complimentary wireless internet. I am sorry about that. I have noticed technical support about the comment.

We look forward to your return visit - father's day is around the corner :-)

Regards,

Chris Eggleton | General Manager | chris@newparkresort.com
Moorestown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

First time at this hotel. Difficult to judge how it "runs" in ski season (stayed first week of May) but as far as the hotel, the room (connecting suite), the staff (thanks TK and Richard), the "resort" location (near the fabulous Canyons), and amenities, it was first rate. Want to try here in "season" but will have no reservations about booking.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Carmel, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I recently stayed here for a week on a business trip. My associate reserved the room on my behalf and I'm glad he did. It was a beautiful room that felt like a room in Park City should feel, like a mini ski lodge. The room was a bit small, but was very clean and had all the modern amenities including granite counters, deep bathtub, fireplace activated by a timer and a coffee bar with a keurig coffee maker. Great spot, will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Another great stay at Newpark Resort. We spent family weekend at Newpark in April. We stayed in one of the several townhomes that surround the hotel. The condo had ample space for our family with a full kitchen, laundry and even a garage. Added bonus was the speed of the internet connection, easily topping 25mb. This is the only place to stay in Park City. Several restaurants, bars, shops all within walking distance. Can't wait to return in June when Newpark's free concert series starts. Love the bands and atmosphere.

Room Tip: Townhomes have great access to paved walking trail that connect Newpark with miles of hiking and bik...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Valparaiso, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I came out to visit my grandchildren over spring break and my 5 year old granddaughter opted to stay with me. It was PERFECT! We had a kitchen so mornings weren't rushed trying to get out for breakfast. We had a separate living room so when my granddaughter went to bed I could relax in he living room without disturbing her. The Newpark Resort is located in a complex with shopping, fine and casual dining. A Whole Foods is right there just a few steps away. There is an indoor/outdoor pool with a beautiful area just for young children to safely play as well as lap lanes for serious workouts. Hot tubs are EVERYWHERE - even on our patio (my granddaughter was in heaven!) Old town Park City was 5 minutes away and you can see several ski areas right from our window. We are so close to everything Park City has to offer. Last but certainly not least...The staff was wonderful!!!

Room Tip: We chose a room in the pool building. Perfect if you have kids!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband and I are expecting our first baby in July. We decided we would go on a "babymoon"--one last trip before our lives get A LOT more complicated. We decided to travel with another couple and felt a condo would best suit our needs. I found Newpark Resort online and thought it looked like it would fit our needs perfectly; although, we were a bit concerned about privacy since we were also looking for time alone. When we checked into the room (the luxury two bedroom), I was absolutely thrilled with the layout. The bedrooms had perfect separation between them, allowing us to have our privacy. The bathrooms each had large soaking tubs and bathrobes and there was a hot tub on the balcony! The room was very clean and the kitchen had everything necessary for us to prepare two breakfasts and two dinners in the room. We loved that the location was surrounded by shops and restaurants and the area had a fun vibe with music playing, tables with umbrellas for dining, and an outdoor fire pit. Our room was just feet from a nature preserve and we were able to look out from our balcony and watch for wildlife. The staff is very friendly and receptive to guests' needs. Newpark is the perfect place for any type of getaway and we plan on staying there again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
chriseggs, General Manager at Newpark Resort & Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Wow, congratulations Camalamabama! Or should I say Camalama-mama. What an honor to be such a positive memory just before an event that is certain to be one of the true defining moments of your life. The whole staff is thrilled to read that your experience was perfect. We look forward to your return - we cannot wait to meet your lil' baby! See you soon and all the best.

Regards,

Chris Eggleton | General Manager | chris@newparkresort.com

Been to Newpark Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!