“GemGemGem” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Salt Lake City, Utah
“GemGemGem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed here for the Park City Half Marathon, we usually stay at one of the Kimball Junction economy motels but noticed the link during registration and thought we would give it a try because of location. My Wife and I were in utter amazment of what a great hotel this is. The staff is awesome, the hotel is clean, like brand new clean. The pool area is clean, the on balcony hottub was clean, everything was clean! The room was awesome, very large with a big comfortable bed, great kitchen, great deck and it was quiet. Probably one of the best hotel stays I have ever had and wish our two nights could have been a week. No room service or on site eatery, but you don't need it, everything and more is within walking distance. Very family friendly, just leave Rover at home, Again the staff is what makes this hotel, they handled a very busy weekend between the Marathon and the National Mustang Car Show with ease, no waiting or teeth pulling. Now we need more excuses to spend overnights in PC!

Room Tip: Book early and ask staff for recomendations.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
chriseggs, General Manager at Newpark Resort & Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thanks for a great review! Great job in the race. A point of clarification for future travelers.

Many bustling, popular restaurants exist within the hotel, such as Café Rio, Kneader’s Bakery & Café, Maxwell’s East Coast Eatery and Good Thymes Bistro. And Room Service is available through Kneader’s Bakery & Café. But as the review points out, there are so many more choices within walking distance.

Regards,

Chris Eggleton | General Manager | chris@newparkresort.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Love this place. Ultra clean,tasteful and a magnificent spa. Staff very helpful. Huge shower and tub. Location not so great but we ended up liking it. Lots of shops, restaurants and movies nearby.
Parking is easy, all apartments with private terrace and hot tub.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Henderson, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

I am currently attending a 2 day conference at this hotel and was assigned a Deluxe Room at check in. When I opened the door, I was dismayed to find a room that is the same size as the walk in closet in my bedroom at home. The room was so small they couldn't even fit a desk in there, which makes it impossible for me to get any work done. I went to the front desk and asked for a room with a desk in it so I could get work done during my stay, and they seemed baffled that someone would need to do work in a hotel room. Hello, have you heard of a business traveler before? They said they couldn't move me, so I checked out and moved to a different hotel with standard sized rooms and a desk, and I'll just drive over for my meetings during the day.

I have spent 1,100 nights in a hotel over the past 9 years, and their "Deluxe Rooms" are easily the smallest hotel room I have seen anywhere in the U.S. during my travels. If you're okay with sleeping in a closet sized room, maybe this is the place for you.

• Stayed August 2012
chriseggs, General Manager at Newpark Resort & Hotel, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
First, I have reached out to discuss the circumstance personally with reviewer ew89074. I am sorry we did not meet their expectations.

Second, I understand that our accommodations cannot meet the expectations of everyone. We host thousands of business travelers each year and we are one of the largest meeting and conference destinations in Park City. In fact we are ranked as the #6 Park City Business Hotel on Trip Advisor as of today. The Deluxe Rooms do not have a traditional desk and chair, rather we provide – in a living room setting – custom-designed, knotty-alder, ergonomically adjustable coffee table that allows professionals to work at the table seated on a premium leather couch, next to the fireplace with complimentary high-speed wireless internet. Our goal is to ensure that if you must work in our amazing mountain destination, at least enjoy the work; our hope is that you play and enjoy more than work.

Lastly, to assist future travelers, I believe it is important that potential customers are aware of the actual size and features in the Deluxe Room accommodations.

HOTEL DELUXE ROOM: At 400 gross square feet (industry standard), Deluxe Rooms have sleeping capacity of 4-people (recommended two adults and 1-2 kids MAXIMUM) and offer the following amenities:
• BEDDING: Queen Bed, 300+ thread-count custom linens and plush pillows and duvets.
• LIVING AREA: Gas fireplace, queen sleep sofa with the same luxurious bedding and 32” LG Flat Panel, HDTV televisions on full-motion mounting system.
• BATHROOM: large soaking bath tub/shower, heated tile flooring and single vanity with solid granite countertop. Supple bamboo/cotton blended towels and bathrobes. Premium, spa quality bath amenities. Natural light.
• KITCHENETTE: Equipped with convenience sink, mini-refrigerator, solid granite countertops & Keurig single-cup brew station. No microwave.
• VIEW: Light-well view. Panoramic views of the mountains and surrounding areas, ONLY exist in Suites or Townhomes.
• OTHER: Complimentary internet access, both Wi-Fi and direct connect. Iron & ironing board. Wall safe. Daily housekeeping.

I only wish my closet were this big and stacked with these amenities.

Regards,

Chris Eggleton | General Manager | chris@newparkresort.com
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed in one of the condos or townhomes managed by the Newpark Resort. The resort is very nice and well equipped with pool, saunas, fitness room, walking trails and extensive shopping nearby. The location was a bit too close to I-80, which creates considerable noise in the summer with the windows open. The condo was nicely furnished and modern but there were a few nits that kept it from getting a 5-star rating. The carpet was old and well worn as well as the wood floors. The master-BR had no chairs or place to sit while dressing. The beds were okay, but not superb. The bathrooms were nice and the unit we stayed in had 2 walk-in showers and a tub/shower combination. Overall this was a very good value two couples traveling with two teenagers and one of the few that was available for our one-night stay.

Room Tip: In the summer,ask for a room further from the highways.
Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This is one of the nicest resorts I've stayed in and the price was just right. The rooms are well appointed, the bathrooms are very large. The amenities are very nice. I also loved where it is located, you can walk to the movie theater, tons of places to eat, Whole Foods Market, bowling and there is a free shuttle to Olympic Park and Park City has a free bus system which easily gets you to anywhere in the city. Great spot, don't miss it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

My husband and I were there for a wedding in July. The weather was beautiful and allowed us to partake in the hot tub both each morning and each evening. The room was excellent and even was equipped with a wine opener to open all those bottles of wine we sipped as we enjoyed the views of the mountains and the Swaner Eco center.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Woodinville, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed in a one bedroom with private hot tub room for a very reasonable price, especially compared to what you would find for the same cost only 15 minutes away in Park City. Our room was located two floors about the Newpark plaza where there was music and a festive atmosphere each evening and smell from the pizza place was mouthwatering.

The room was great - everything is new, the bed is super comfortable, the appliances are really cool and the bathroom is amazing.

The location is great, too - you can walk to all sorts of new stores and restaurants, there's a running/biking trail on the property that extends for miles, the view overlooks a nature preserve.

The pool area is great - my kids loved it! Its a very big pool with a big hot tub, along with steam room and sauna - we never saw anyone else there, even though we probably spent two hours per day at the pool. Our only complaint is that ash from the fires in the area made the pool slightly dirty one day (not the hotel's fault, obviously).

Simple put - one of the nicest hotels I've stayed at and definitely one of the best values. When I return to Park City, this is definitely where I'm staying.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the nature preserve and Newpark Plaza.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Newpark Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!