“Absolutely Amazing Honeymoon Stay” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1476 Newpark Blvd, Park City, UT 84098   |
Ranked #9 of 58 Hotels in Park City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Roy, Utah
“Absolutely Amazing Honeymoon Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2011

This Resort was much more than I expected. When we first walked in, we were quickly greeted by the friendly staff. This showed a lot of profession and care for their guests. We had no problems checking in and everything was so quick.

When we got to our room, we were SHOCKED. The long hallway was a nice affect, making it seem like we were home and not in a "hotel". Besides that, the set up was great: the windows were huge, we had our own electric fireplace, our own kitchen (microwave, fridge, freezer, AND all kitchen utensils for eating and cooking), the bathroom was spacious -the shower being nice and big, and the tub AMAZING. Although a jetted tub would have been preferable, the private hot tub on our balcony made up for that.

This place was perfect for our Honeymoon. It was definitely not over priced and each day we walked by the front desk, we were greeted and asked if we needed any fun suggestions of what to see in Park City. We had great recommendations for eating AND entertainment. The staff definitely wanted their guests happy and we were very very impressed with all of our services.

We will definitely be coming back for more stays in the future. Besides that, we were offered a 10% return discount. We are super excited!!

Thanks so much Newpark Resort staff for making our stay wonderful! We rate this place a HIGH 10!!!

Room Tip: We suggest the LUXURY suite at Newpark Resort!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Orem, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

I booked a room for my husbands birthday the months in advance with special requests to be on the top floor with a view of the mountains. I called a week ahead of time to make sure these requests were met. The front desk clerk said that the got my note and everything was taken care of. When I walked into the room, which was not on the top floor like I requested, I looked out my window and what did I see? I wall. I was very upset.

The rooms are TINY. There was hardly enough room for me to walk around the furniture. I can't even count how many times I bumped my legs on the furniture. By the next morning I had a bruise on my thigh the size of a gold dollar. I am not overexaggerating.

The beds were extremely uncomfortable. I had only gotten about 2 hours of sleep that night.

The windows only opened a crack, so it got EXTREMELY hot in the room at night.

The staff wasn't rude, but they were not friendly. I work at a hotel myself, so I know how the staff should be treating their guests, and this was not it. They seemed to not care and not willing to help.

Here comes the good :)
The bathtub was AMAZING. It was perfect for a romantice evening. I wish my bathtub at home was that big.
The fireplace was beautiful.
The big t.v. with was wonderful. It was also nice to have a lot of channels to choose from.
The ipod deck in the room was a nice touch. Too bad I left my ipod at home.

I wouldn't recomment this hotel to anyone unless the hotel weren't way over priced for the quality.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Oahu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

I travel every other week and have stayed at resorts around the world. I do have to say that I am very impressed! Not only with the service but with the resort amenities as well. My wife traveled with me on this stay celebrating are 33rd Anniversary. I did plan a few things however the Concierge Michael planned a stay that was unforgettable. We ate at Grappa restaurant and he arranged a special anniversary table for us and had a love letter placed in my wife's menu with a happy anniversary note ( which by the way made my wife's night). He then arranged snowmobiling, snowshoeing, and a romantic sleigh ride at the Canyons Resort just to be brief. Thank you Michael for your 5 Diamond service we definitely will be returning soon!

Aventura, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

I have been a guest at Newpark Resort three (3) times now and each time it has been perfect! This past time I stayed alone on business and just as with the last two visits, everything was outstanding! The staff are friendly and the rooms and suites are immaculate. Cat at the front desk and Brittney in Corporate Sales are terrific!!

The location of the hotel is also outstanding, just a few minutes away from the Canyons, Park City and Deer Valley Ski Resorts. It is a mere 25 minutes from Salt Lake City which is great for business trips when you still want the mountain experience with the easy access to the city.

As a very frequent visitor to Park City, I find that Newpark is the PERFECT hotel for family visits not only because of the easy access to the three (3) nearby ski resorts, but primarily because the hotel fronts a large multi use property, complete with restaurants, retail shopping and entertainment facilities. Whether it's the Whole Foods Market, Bowling Alley, Movie Theater, Color Me Mine Pottery Center for Kids or the local Activity Center and Gym (not to mention the Starbucks and numerous restaurants directly next door to the hotel), Newpark has it all. It even has a "kids club" so the parents can get a day of skiing in while their little ones are well taken care of. If that does not do it for you, check out the indoor/outdoor pool and spa.

The rooms and suites are more than comfortable and modern and the hotel has everything a traveler could desire. Hot tubs on the balcony, exceptionally comfortable rooms, fireplaces, free hi speed internet, full kitchens (in the suites) and very stylish bathrooms.

If I had one complaint, it was that I could not stay longer, but hey, there is always next year!!!

Congrats to management for a job well done. Special thanks to Cat and Brittney for jobs very well done!

I look forward to my next visit

St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

The faciliies at Newpark Resort are top notch and the staff have been great! There were mechanical issues with the ac in my room and they went above and beyond to make sure that I was comfortable. The location is also perfect...a lot to do within walking distance. I would definitely recomment Newpark Resort.

Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

We booked the Newpark Resort based on reviews from Trip Advisor and were pleased to find that our research paid off. Newpark was a great value and conveniently located - close to restaurants and shopping. The small kitchen in our room along with a trip to the Whole Foods Market (across the parking lot) saved us time and money. The hot tub on the deck was perfect, especially after a day of skiing. We were also pleased with the ski rental shop near the lobby. The shuttle bus stop was right outside the hotel entrance and ran every 20 - 30 minutes. The only down side was that the buses would get over crowded on the trip back to the resort from the ski areas. For my next trip to Park City, I will probably rent a car instead of relying on the shuttle buses.Bottom line is that the Newpark is a great place to stay at a fraction of the costs of resorts on or near the slopes.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Columbia, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

Annual ski trip with a group of friends usually leads us to Colorado. However, this year we went to SLC to ski in/out over a weekend and chose the Newpark Hotel Townhome for our base in Park City. The townhome appeared to be very new. It had two bedrooms - 1 K and 2 Twins. In addition, there was a day bed upstairs to sleep one more person and a sleeper sofa downstairs. There were three bathrooms so plenty of showers to go around. The place could easily sleep 7 people. We took advantage of the full kitchen and ate in each night. The private two person hottub was a nice feature at the end of ski day. The garage fit a full size SUV.

I was very pleased with the accomodations and would definitely return. The only reason I gave it a lower service mark is that the townhomes do not receive daily maid service - which was not a big deal for our group but some may feel differently.

We were in unit #40, which overlooked a wide open area and felt very private. However, it was very conveniently located near the interstate highway, the open air mall, grocery, restaurants, liquor store and Starbucks - what more could you want!

If you don't feel a need to pay slope-side prices, the Newpark Resort townhome is a great option. Park City Mountain, Deer Valley and the Canyons are a short drive away while Brighton, Solitude, Alta and Snowbird are less than 1 hour out. Since we like to go to a new resort everyday, this worked perfectly for us.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Newpark Resort & Hotel? Share your experiences!