“Location, comfort = happiness” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Snowblaze Condominiums

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Park City
Snowblaze Condominiums
1401 Woodside Avenue, Park City, UT 84060 (Formerly ResortQuest)   |
San Diego, California
“Location, comfort = happiness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

I booked through parkcityvacationrentals.com and what a trip!
We were picked up at the airport in a great SUV and nice driver (cheaper then any shuttle and we did not have to share with strangers)
Taken straight to our condos in Snowblaze 202 (and the one across the hall). We had ordered some basic food and drinks ahead of time and it was all right there waiting for us.
Clean rooms with comfy beds, new linens and towels. Wood in the fireplace ready to go. All great. Woke up, walked out the back door and were in the parking lot of Park City resort. There was a long line of cars with skiiers stuck in their cars as we walked right up and got on the life (We bought the advance tickets through "Jim" at parkcityvacationrentals.com) saved over $20 per ticket and no need to wait in line.
After skiing, we hit the hot tub and met some nice neighbors (other vacationers). Walked to the 7/11 for other minor supplies and right onto the free bus to main street.
This location couldn't be better.
Picked up on time (actually the driver Dave, Dan, Doug... something with a D) was the same guy that picked us up at the airport. He was early and just hung out until we were ready.
A+, will stay again. Be sure to take advantage of all the discounts they offer (airport rides, lift tickets etc....)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Scottsdale, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

I couldn't make this up if I tried. And reading the other bad review was like deja vu. Jim the owner TWICE gave away the condo we reserved, first citing that he "didn't receive the contract", so he put us in another, smaller condo. Then a week before our trip, he calls again and says he has to put us in another even smaller condo because the condo "owner" was now using it. Funny that we ran into the "owners" of the 2nd condo he put us in, and they didn't own it. Jim will reserve your condo until somone willing to pay a higher nightly rate comes along. Stay away. Bad business. Don't risk your vacation on this flake.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
NYCMag, Owner at Snowblaze Condominiums, responded to this review, May 4, 2011
The guest let his contact expire and we scrambled to find him another condo at Snowblaze. He stayed in a premium 2br/2ba for half price, and was also given a 2nd Snowblaze condo for free. He didn't complain during his stay but opted to write a negitive review instead. We have a luxury premium product and do our best to help guests enjoy their vacations but it apparently didn't work out in this case. 2,000 guests over 10-years of rentals and 70% repeat business which is pretty good.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

If you want a great location in Park City, defiantly look at Snow Blaze #302. Steps away from Park City Ski resort, and the bus stops in front of the unit to take you to both Deer Valley and the Canyons to ski. Easy access to town, you can either walk or take the free buses. Jim was great to work with, and was very prompt in answering any and all questions. He also provided car service to and from the airport, no waiting, and very friendly staff. Don't forget to mention Jim's name and enjoy many discounts on local activities, such as snowmobiling.
I would defiantly go back and stay in this unit.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Clarksburg, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

While I was never able to stay at Snowblaze, I sure did try. To this day, I still don't know why the guy who owns most of the units there--Jim (--) of Parkcityrentals.info--showed so little interest in me. When I first inquired, Jim wrote back immediately saying that he thought Snowblaze would be perfect for my groups 5 night stay. I checked the place out on his website, and he was right! It was perfect for us--the prices were right, etc. So emailed Jim back asking him to let me know what the total cost would be for the units I wanted. This is when things got weird.

Long story short, Jim promised and promised to let me know. I continued to follow up via email and phone messages many times. I wanted to stay there! I had a deposit ready to go! The few times I got Jim on the phone, he said he was traveling but to give him a day or two and he'd let me know. Three weeks later, I finally heard from him and was really surprised by what he sent me. The price had suddenly doubled (his prices are clearly posted on the website). I wrote back and said I hope there's been some kind of mistake. Mind you, I'd be kept hanging for THREE WEEKS. Jim writes back and says, oh, well there's a minimum 7 night stay, so I'll have to see what I can do for you. I was pretty upset by this as my initial email to him said I wanted to rent for 5 days. The funny thing is, even if I did pay for 7 days, the price he quoted me was still several thousand dollars higher that what was posted on his website. I told him I'd appreciate it if he did the right thing and honored the price that he posted. Guess what? I was left hanging in the wind for nearly another week. I called, I emailed. No response from Jim.

At this point, it became painfully obvious that, as much as I wanted to stay at Snowblaze, I could not trust this guy with my group's money. If this is how he treated someone wanting to make a deposit, how does he treat people who already have??

I realize some of the reviews on this site speak of Jim very favorably, which makes it even harder to understand why he just totally blew me off. I basically wasted a month of my time waiting for this guy. I just don't understand it. I normally don't write reviews, but this experience was so bizzare that I thought I should warn others. BE CAREFUL. The advertised price apparently doesn't apply, and, if you want to know why, don't expect an answer from Jim.

Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
NYCMag, Owner at Snowblaze Condominiums, responded to this review, May 4, 2011
I don't know this guest but it was posted anyway. We have 2 reservation agents and myself working full time on reservations so pretty easy to get in touch with us anytime. Call or email us anytime for help.
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

We stayed at Snowblaze for a week over New Year's, 2009/10. I found it while searching here and on vrbo.com. I rented through Jim Bizily at http://www.parkcityrentals.info/

It's always hard to find good value over the Christmas holidays, but we have to come while the kids are on school breaks. We originally rented a smaller unit, but Jim contacted us before we came and said that the unit we had was sold and the owner didn't want to rent over Christmas. He offered us several options and we decided on a larger unit (#302) at no extra cost. I'd say that it worked out well, except that the unit didn't have any windows!?! I guess I didn't ask, but not sure I would have thought to ask that question! There were sky lights in one bedroom so we could tell whether it was daytime or night time! or snowing... LOL I will also say that Jim was very professional and responsive to my emails and questions. We did not need anything during our stay so I can't speak to that.

We really enjoyed the convenience to the base of PCMR. The walk was easy through the parking lot and we rented from Jakes Slopeside which stored our equipment overnight for free. Most rental shops are offering already 20% off, but we reserved on-line for 20% off through the link on Jim's website since it was the holiday period.

The underground parking was nice. We used the hot tub each day and it was never crowded. The bus stop was right around the corner and so easy to use the free bus to Main Street.

I think the term "luxury" here is misleading to some people. We have stayed in many rental different units in DV, Vail, Beaver Creek, and Whistler/Blackcomb, always looking for a good value and convenient location. While the interior and furnishings, including bedding and electronics are high end in most cases, this property is still a "work in progress". It might be the reason that we were so attracted by the price?!? There were a few units under renovation, including the one directly across the hall from us. Noise was not an issue because we were gone all day.

The common area, under construction, will be very comfortable and inviting gathering place when finished, but was somewhat of an eyesore coming and going everyday. And I guess luxury to me would include a nice view of the mountain or at least a window that could be cracked open for fresh air.

If you are looking for convenience and comfort at a good value, I would recommend Snowblaze for your next ski trip.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

I just got back from the trip of a lifetime. I was picked up at the airport in a extremely comfortable luxury H2 Hummer and was greeted by just such a great person his name was Jim Bizley. He brought us up to Snow Blaze to where we were staying and I sure wasn't dissapointed, the place was immaculate, he had the port a crib ready for our 1 year old and it instantly I felt like home for the week. Not only was the place more than me and my wife ever dreamed of the ski resort was a two minute wald and the restraunts were within a short walk and the free transportation made traveling so easy especially with a one year old. I also received a huge savings on our ski rentals just by mentioning, "Park City Jim sent me. You know I have rented places in Hawaii where you look at a picture and walk in the place and think to your self I can't stay here.

So JIm Bizley if you are ever in San Diego please look me up. SNOWBLAZE is the place to stay in Park City (COMFORT, JACUZZI, WALK TO THE SKI RESORTS, CLEAN PLACE,PLENTY OF THINGS TO DO EVEN WITH A ONE YEAR OLD).
One of my New Years Resolution is to get back to Park City and stay at SNOW BLAZE.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

After reading the other two poor reviews, I feel I needed to get the record straight, and share my great experience at Snowblaze. First of all, our unit was a 2b/2b with a mountain view, upgraded kitchen, flat screen tv's, and jetted tub in bathroom. Our unit was very clean and the kitchen was stocked with everything you need to cook. It was very cozy, fireplace was great, and hot tub access was amazing. The washer/dryer was conveniently on the first floor, and the loacation was perfect. We walked across the street to ski, and took the bus right outside our building to Main Street or to other mountains like Deer Valley and Canyons. For those who criticized the property manager, Jim Bizily, should be ashamed. Jim made our first time to Park City the best vacation. He picked us up from the airport and dropped us off regardless of the time of our travels, and he returned each one of our calls. He even dropped by to see how our stay was at Snowblaze. Even though the second bedroom was small in comparison to the master bedroom, we would stay at Snowblaze at our next trip to Park City. I was extremely happy, and once again, the location was unbelievable!!! I would remcommend Snowblaze to all of my friends. For great service, location, and a warm cozy feel, stay at Snowblaze. If you want that uptight, cold feel, stay at a chain hotel and stop complaining.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Snowblaze Condominiums? Share your experiences!