“Talented Chef Here” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Knoxville, TN
“Talented Chef Here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We just paid a visit to Purple Sage and thoroughly enjoyed it. My wife ordered the white shrimp over polenta and I had the nightly special, which was pork chops over chorrizo grits.

The presentation was almost a work of art, particularly the shrimp. And the flavors were just wonderful. Somebody in the kitchen really knows what to do. Service was good. About par for Park City.

Purple Sage isn't a budget restaurant. But it is pretty much a bargain for Park City. Especially considering the food quality.

85% Recommend
Apollo Beach, Florida
“Last minute choice....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had planned on eating at Silver, but after looking at their menu, several people in our group would have only had 1 or 2 selections that looked good to them. So, we switched to Purple Sage based on a recommendation from a local. Totally impressed. It was small / intimate and lovely inside. The photos I'd looked up didn't do it justice at all. I thought it would be cutesy with murals painted on the walls that looked cheap....but it wasn't. It was gorgeous inside and the food lived up to the hype. Absolutely amazing green chile Mac-N-Cheese! It's a MUST. They also served a top notch Gin an Tonic with a small batch domestic gin called "Uncle Val's Botanical Gin". Order one!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Joseph, Michigan
“Quiet and Tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Great food and atmosphere. Nice place to enjoy with a date or friends. Pear and arugula salad was awesome. Lamb chops were also very good. Prices weren't outrageous. Service was very good and friendly. Would definitely come back.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Needs to learn better manners.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My family had a reunion in Park City last week which was a lovely gathering. As a christmas gift we treated my parents to a dinner out. We choose Purple Sage after reading reviews on trip advisor and receiving direct reviews from friends. I really wanted to like the place but after our experience I can't. The food was good but the way we were treated was not. I had a 7pm reservation for Wed night, we stopped in on Tues. evening to confirm (with the owner)...all seemed ok. When we arrived at 7 on Wed, the owner proceeded to scold us that we were late, that he never makes dinner reservations for 7 always 6:30, and we should go to the table and hurry up with dinner because he has more customers coming at 8:30. At that point I wanted to give any other restaurant in town my business, but the rest of the family was already seated, so we decided to stay. The waiter did his best to serve us in a friendly manner, but at 8:30 when we were done eating dinner, our plates were not cleared, the waiter brought us our bill which included an 18% gratuity. I asked if they serve dessert and his reply "Yes, but we need you to leave for our next customers to be seated" The waiter also said "This is a busy time of year and we cost him a lot of money" ??? Not sure what that means. Too bad for him, he could have gotten more business from us with dessert... and we saw NO ONE at the front waiting for a table. I hope to return to Park City some day to enjoy the skiing, shops and any other restaurant besides Purple Sage.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“4.5, but my best meal in Park City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

The blue cheese fondue, duck, and bread pudding were all fantastically prepared and seasoned. We also at at Cafe Terigo, Chez Betty, and Chimayo. I'd rank them in that order with Purple Sage as the leader. Would definitely return to Purple Sage.