“Quiet and Tasty” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Saint Joseph, Michigan
“Quiet and Tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Great food and atmosphere. Nice place to enjoy with a date or friends. Pear and arugula salad was awesome. Lamb chops were also very good. Prices weren't outrageous. Service was very good and friendly. Would definitely come back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars

“Needs to learn better manners.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My family had a reunion in Park City last week which was a lovely gathering. As a christmas gift we treated my parents to a dinner out. We choose Purple Sage after reading reviews on trip advisor and receiving direct reviews from friends. I really wanted to like the place but after our experience I can't. The food was good but the way we were treated was not. I had a 7pm reservation for Wed night, we stopped in on Tues. evening to confirm (with the owner)...all seemed ok. When we arrived at 7 on Wed, the owner proceeded to scold us that we were late, that he never makes dinner reservations for 7 always 6:30, and we should go to the table and hurry up with dinner because he has more customers coming at 8:30. At that point I wanted to give any other restaurant in town my business, but the rest of the family was already seated, so we decided to stay. The waiter did his best to serve us in a friendly manner, but at 8:30 when we were done eating dinner, our plates were not cleared, the waiter brought us our bill which included an 18% gratuity. I asked if they serve dessert and his reply "Yes, but we need you to leave for our next customers to be seated" The waiter also said "This is a busy time of year and we cost him a lot of money" ??? Not sure what that means. Too bad for him, he could have gotten more business from us with dessert... and we saw NO ONE at the front waiting for a table. I hope to return to Park City some day to enjoy the skiing, shops and any other restaurant besides Purple Sage.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Leanmeanmommymachine
Chicago, Illinois
“4.5, but my best meal in Park City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

The blue cheese fondue, duck, and bread pudding were all fantastically prepared and seasoned. We also at at Cafe Terigo, Chez Betty, and Chimayo. I'd rank them in that order with Purple Sage as the leader. Would definitely return to Purple Sage.

Tarrytown,NY
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We are a family of four that had dinner at the purple sage on new years eve.
I have reserved the restarunt about a month ago but they had a hard time locating it. Owner was a bit cold and resistant but after a short search found my reservation and accepted us in. This was the only snafu , other then that the service was good and freindly, the waiter was extremely nice and the food was excellant.
I don't want to sound snobby but we live in the New York area and are exposed to top of the line eateries and this one can be rated up there.
Recommended.

• Visited December 2012
Columbia, MD
“Solid meal in Park City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Ate at this resturant last night. Very busy as this was christmas week. The food was excellent and the ambiance is a combo of western and chic. We started with the blue cheese fondue which was great, add the sausage and you wont be sorry. The mail meals that were outstanding was the fried chicken, sounds boring but my daughter scarfed it down stating "best fried chicken ever". The trout was good, not great. Ice cream cookie for dessert was a great end. Pricey but that is what you expect in Park City.

• Visited December 2012