“Great food, TERRIBLE service, weird atmosphere” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #64 of 208 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: American, European, Swiss
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Has been in business longer then any other Restaurant in Park City or Deer Valley. The U.S.Ski Team's favorite Restaurant.Ski History displayed on Walls with pictures of Athletes andCelebrity's.Close to Resort area and Town center.
“Great food, TERRIBLE service, weird atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I've heard about this place for years after living in Park City for 5 years, however I had never gone, so when some friends thought of going there, it sounded like a great idea! First off, the food was great. Out of 10 of us, we all liked what we had, we all had a variety of dishes. Our table was about 30 minutes late, our waiter was pretty much an idiot. He forgot our drinks, appetizers, had no clue who ordered what, again forgot more drinks, then took about 30 minutes to come back with our cards/change. There place wasn't completely full, so it's not like he should have been overwhelmed. On to the atmosphere. It's pretty bizarre really for a place that's supposed to be fine dining. It looks like an 80's sports bar with lots of autographed ski racing photos/posters on the walls, with silverware & plates that looked like they were from my grandmother's house. It also kind of smelled like old people when we got there.

Regardless of the great food, I'm never going back there.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Park City, Utah
“European Elegance and Fare in the Wasatch Mountains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We've lived in this area for years - after many, MANY years of traveling here, but never tried Adolph's till recently. What a delightful surprise! Adolph, an acclaimed Swiss Chef, set his restaurant up here long before Park City became THE all season resort town it currently is and has maintained a loyal following. We had a lovely dinner, served by a courteous and knowledgeable staff member. We chose a schnitzel - perfectly cooked and accompanied by a large, delicious salad - with their wonderful house dressing, spaetzel, and a beautifully seasoned medley of veggies. EVERYTHING was delicious and beautifully plated. The restaurant is elegantly appointed, and unlike most restaurants here in Park City - which are ungodly noisy, allowed for conversation and lingering over a dreamy desert and excellent cup of coffee. Recently, we took visitors, here to enjoy the Sundance Festival, to Adolph's for their first time and they were equally impressed. A little off the beaten path to Main Street, the location allows for easy parking and a little break from all the hub-bub in town. Put Adolph's on your must do list. You won't be disappointed!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
southeast
“Should Have Eaten with the theme of restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We visited during the Sundance. We ate the night before at Chez Betty. My wife had the lamb. Unlike Chez Betty, this lamb was over cooked. The chef can see this clearly when plating. Good flavor though. But not nearly as good. My meal was good, but can not remember what I ordered now just 7 days later. Limited wine menu. Wish we had ordered something more native to the owners home country; which would have perhaps given us a better experience. Staff and hostess were very nice and helpful though. I believe I simply had higher expectations for dining experiences overall in the Park City area than I had. If I was a frequent visitor to area, would probably try again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kauai
“Food is consistently amazing...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've been dining at Adolph's for many, many years now, and the food is still amazingly, mouth-watering wonderful..(I dream about my favorite dishes) .It was busy during Sundance Film Festival, but the waiters and host took great care to make sure we had fabulous food, and still made it back to the movies. Great Continental cuisine that makes you want to keep coming back for more; and not stuffy, just plain ole Park City food and fun

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Boring food; tacky atmosphere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We were invited to Adolph's by friends, so we expected it to be wonderful. We should have known it wouldn't be from the dated and tasteless decor, but we couldn't turn back. My caesar salad with chicken was the smallest portion possible and had few croutons. McDonald's salad would have been tastier. My friend's crab cake was good, but the pasta another friend ordered smelled strange. Pricey for such an inadequate place.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere