“It's a local joint and i want to like it but i can't” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner
salt lake city
“It's a local joint and i want to like it but i can't”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The pizza is pretty bad, the service not much better. It's drab and dreary inside. I came in tonight, tried to order a beer but the beer tap didn't work. OK. i'll have a bottle. Then i ordered a sandwich with fries and was told that they were "out of fries" and had been all day. Really? You ran out of frozen french fries? The italian sausage sandwich was awful. At least the bottled beer was good. But i wasn't offered a glass or given a knife and fork with my meal.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Not good!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

The lady was really irritable the whole time, they took FOREVER to bring us our drinks and our food. She kept yelling at the other person working using profanity despite all the kids under 5 years old that we're eating there. We noticed half way through our pizza that there was burned on toppings underneath it that were so charred compared to the bottom of the pizza that it was mos likely from the pizza previously made on the pan. They couldn't keep up with the customers and we're really rude when a new group walked in the door! She kept complaining loudly about her boss and how stupid he was in front of everyone! I own my own business and I wouldn't be okay with the atmosphere this woman was creating. They were wearing dirty hole covered uniforms and the bathrooms were horrid!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Herriman,ut
“Horrible experience. Slow and rude service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Twenty minutes after ordering, we had received neither drinks nor appetizer. I finally flagged down the waitress (who had already served drinks to the table next to ours seated 15 minutes after we were) and asked about the delay and mentioned that we had a play to attend. She said the appetizer was not her fault but the drinks were but she was "a little busy." Apparently not too busy for the table next to us. She finally brought drinks without a word. Obviously, she had already determined the situation was MY fault and she was mad at me. Ten minutes later, we finally received the appetizer, again alongside a heaping helping of the silent treatment. In her anger at me she all but threw the plate on the table. No reply to my "thanks."
After another 15 minutes we had to leave to go to the aforementioned play. Apparently, 50 minutes is insufficient to make spaghetti. I went up to the front and asked for my check. The hostess went to get the waitress. I said we had to leave and could I get the check for what we already had. Instead of apologizing, we got more excuses and were told that the food was "just coming out of the oven (baked spaghetti?) and couldn't we take the food to go? Sorry, don't want to hold spaghetti on my lap for two hours while I'm watching a play so I can eat cold spaghetti afterwards. Then had to wait for 3 or 4 minutes while she created the check.
Horrible place. Bad service, slow kitchen, bad attitudes. This place would never make it anywhere outside of Park City. If you want to have a good restaurant experience, eat in Salt Lake before you go up to Park City where competition weeds out dives like this.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Love the Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We always eat pizza when on a trip and this did not disappoint. We arrived on a Sunday and were starving and found them at a booth at Park Silly. The pizza was so good we went back the following night. A typical pizza place with a good tasting pizza.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West Covina, Ca
“Casual, Friendly and Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

This place is very casual, it has out door seating over looking Main Street, it has seating in the basement and of course the main floor.
The Pizza and beer were great, it hit the spot. The service was a little slow because one of the servers was running late, however it was worth the wait. It you like Pizza you won't be disappointed. This is our second trip to the Red Banjo a great place for the family.

Visited June 2012