“Not what I expected” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Grub Steak Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 196 Restaurants in Park City
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Gold Dust Lane
Transit: A shuttle stop of the complimentary Park City Transit system is conveniently located in front of the Grub Steak Restaurant, providing easy access to all areas within Park City and outlying areas.
Description: THE GRUB STEAK RESTAURANT PARK CITY'S WESTERN STEAKHOUSE SINCE 1976! With the rustic Fireplace and the Western memorabilia, the Grub Steak Restaurant is the stuff of Legends! From custom aged Beef to Salmon and Halibut flown in from the Northwest, a slab of slow cooked Prime Rib as big as the plate, Hunters Mixed Grill, or Chops of Rocky Mountain Lamb, the food is legendary as well. The Salad Bar, which stretches the length of the display Grill, is included in all Dinner Entrees, as is Creamed Spinach, baked Potato, Lemon Rice, French Fries or mashed Potatoes. Our younger customers appreciate the selections on the Children’s or Young Adult menus while everyone loves our house made Desserts and Breads. The Grub Steak Restaurant gluten free menu is certified by the Gluten Free Institue. We feature a full selection of Beer, Liquor and carefully chosen Wines.
Brandon, MS
“Not what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Will make this short. Salad bar good to go.
Service above average
Food was tasty, but if you want a buffalo get ready for a very small piece at a high price. I know you are in Park City so price is a little more here but come on. When I was in Wyoming I got a buffalo steak I almost was unable to finish it. Here I ate this in about 10 bites. On other hand it had a good taste and was cooked just right. The wife and son got a ribeye but they said the taste was not near as good as we cook at home, price was comparable to the location. It does get busy quick so go around 1700 to 1800, or make reservation after those times.

Hello Brandon S.
Thanks for posting your review: I am sorry that you felt that the portion of the buffalo is too small. Given that this filet of buffalo is a very rich and dense (not to mention expensive) cut of meat, we purposely serve a smaller portion of this than most of the other choices we offer on our menu. I am glad that you did enjoy the flavor of your entrée and that you appreciated the good service provided to you and your family. On behalf of all of us at the Grub Steak I would like to thank you for your business.

Ojai
“Cowboy carnivores delight.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Fresh, full salad bar. Good wine selection. Large western-motif dining area, but enjoyed intimacy of booth and view of snow outside. Prime rib was excellent, and surprised by (not my usual) bread pudding dessert. Spent $200, for four dinners, wine, dessert

Hans F, Owner at Grub Steak Restaurant, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Thank you very much for your nice comments and review, I am glad that you enjoyed your dining experience with us. On behalf of the entire Grub Steak team I want to thank you for your business, we all look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you back to Park City!
Park City, Utah
“Excellant dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

This maybe the best value in Park City. The service was excellent. We ordered the mixed plater and the baffalo steak. Everything was cooked to perfection. If you want a really good meal with excellent service this is the place to come. The two floor managers also did an excellent job making sure the quests got everything they needed. Very well run restaurant with people who care.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hello Michele,
Thank you very much for your very nice review and comments, I am glad that you enjoyed your dinner and that you appreciate the fact that our staff and management care a lot about our customers having a pleasant experience when dining with us. On behalf of the entire Grub Steak team I would like to thank you for your business, we all look forward to seeing you again soon.
Chappaqua, New York
“Good Family Fare and a Great Salad Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

In Prospector Square, Grub Steak continues to shine for family meals with well prepared steaks and a great salad bar. With 8 people, we were served well and had a really good set of meals. 4 people enjoyed a variety of different steaks, all of high quality. For those who don't eat steak, chicken and fish is available and enjoyable. There is a musician playing guitar and 60s - 70s - 80s music which adds to the atmosphere. Desserts are also well done, especially the mud pie. Grub Steak is a great place to eat after a long day skiing.

Visited February 2014
Hans F, Owner at Grub Steak Restaurant, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you very much for your review and nice comments. I am glad that your group enjoyed the dining experience at the Grub Steak. On behalf of the entire team I thank you for your business and hope to see you again next time your travel bring you back to Park City.
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

This is a great place after a hard day skiing. Staff are friendly and efficient. The salad bar is just enough with clean, crisp sides. The New York strip was a good cut and perfectly cooked. The draft grub steak beer was tasty. Overall excellent.

Hans F, Owner at Grub Steak Restaurant, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Hello Corey H,
Thank you very much for your nice review and comments; I am glad that you enjoyed your dinner at the Grub Steak. On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for your business, we all hope to see you again next time your travels bring you back to the Wasatch mountains.