“Excellent, excellent, excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mariposa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 197 Restaurants in Park City
Cuisines: American, International, Eclectic
Good for: Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sterling Court
Description: The Mariposa's intimate setting including crackling fireplaces sets the mood for an extraordinary dinner at Deer Valley's premier dining establishment. Savor The Mariposa's tasting menu, dining the way chefs love to, exploring and tasting as many of the offerings as you desire. Each menu item is a tasting size portion, allowing you to enjoy multiple selections. Vegetarian specialities and gluten-free options are available. To complement your meal, pair wines from our list which consistently receives the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. Wine pairings are suggested below and may be ordered as three ounce tastings or five ounce wines by the glass. For larger groups, the Cedar Room accommodates private parties of 13 or more and features the Mariposa menu.
Detroit, Michigan
“Excellent, excellent, excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

In my view this is one of the best restaurants in Park City - definitely worth a visit. Make a reservation well in advance - it is a small place. The food is outstanding as is the service. This is in the Silver Lake Village of Deer Valley - so drive there and park. The prices are similar to other good restaurants in Park City.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles, ça
“Small but wonderful bites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My family and I dined here and this was the perfect place as we had had appetizers at our hotel earlier. The service was very attentive. The menu is designed to have 3, 4, or 6 courses. They are all 2 to 3 oz portions. We ordered 8 dishes and shared them as a family. My sons favorite was the bison--first time he had ever tried it. It is one of their signature dishes. The bur rata salad with tomatoes was excellent and the crab appetizer delicious. We did not order dessert as we were all too full. I would highly recommend this very quaint restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
parkland, fl
“Tiny but tasty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Procuring a table at this highly sought after #1 Zagat rated Utah restaurant proved quite simple when compared to finding the restaurant itself! Be sure to get directions in advance and know where you are going! We had a late reservation and were lost. The hostess called to see where we were. After relating our woes and basically conceding we were close, but still lost, she talked us through the parking garage and up the steps. She greeted us from the porch with a friendly smile and a warm hello! We checked our coats and were escorted to our table.

The restaurant was quite full for 9 pm. We were escorted to our private table upstairs. Our waitstaff was excellent, tending to our every need. Led by Alex from Romania, they did not miss a beat! The dining style behind Mariposa is a tasting menu. Between our party of 6, I think we may have tried everything on the menu! By far our favorite was the burrata cheese with heirloom tomatoes. It was served over arugula and drizzled with an amazing balsamic vinegar and oil. The Maine lobster chowder was divine - rich and delicious. All of the meat selections sampled by our party were prepared to perfection. I had the short rib and I highly recommend it. Dessert was a treat. The signature dessert is the Snowball. It is a MUST try!

The wine selections were sufficient and unique. We tried a bottle of Altamura, followed by a Pio Cesare Barbaresco. Both delicious. All in all, we enjoyed a lovely evening out at The Mariposa. Kudos to the staff and chef for a job well done! Put this restaurant on your list next time you visit Deer Valley! Reserve a table in advance!

“Good meal, great presentation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

The food was fabulous and the desserts were outstanding.

Visited May 2012
“Perfect Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

My wife and I dined at Mariposa for our anniversary in February. We were in town for a wedding and were able to find a sitter for our 3-month old that night. I was so pleased with the experience after we'd left, and I'd love to be able to go back at some point. Mariposa combines a robust and creative menu with the charm of a lodge-style setting to create a relaxing and intimate dining experience. I highly recommend the bison fillets, which left me debating whether it was my new favorite red meat (I would have previously gone with the elk at Hudson's on the Bend in Lakeway, TX). Overall, we really enjoyed the food and ambiance. Check them out!

• Visited February 2012