“Food and Fun in Park City - The Friend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 55 Activities in Park City
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Park City Food Tours presents Main Street with a culinary twist. Go beyond the usual mountain town activities and experience Main Street more intimately by enjoying several different experiences in one tour. We will visit 3-4 restaurants and other attractions along Main Street while listening to the guide talk about the historical and cultural aspects of the street, city and state. This is a very entertaining tour and we promise to have a lot of fun.
Burbank, California
“Food and Fun in Park City - The Friend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I am the friend of Jean V and could not have said anything better than she did (read Jean V review). Coming from California, I had never been to Utah and was not disappointed. Besides having an exceptionally good friend in Jean, who planned the best long weekend, going to Park City would have been on the top of my list had she asked. When she told me we were doing a food tour, I was even happier.

Shirin is a great tour guide. Being a local, she takes pride in her city and has a great view of the goings on. She gave just the right amount of history of the city as well as the history of the restaurants on Main Street. Her choices for food were varied and all excellent. I would go back to any of the restaurants we tried and the sweet treat at the end was a perfect way to finsih the tour.

I will definitely recommend this to anyone I know visiting Utah and hope to come back and take the tour again during the different seasons. Keep this up Shirin, it is a treasure for Park City.

Visited November 2013
Shirin S, Manager at Park City Food Tours, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Gina, thank you so much for the review as "the friend". Too funny. It was so nice getting to know you both and I loved hearing about your foodie adventures. Tuscany is definitely on my bucket list.
I'm so glad you had a good time and would love to have you on the tour anytime. Make sure to contact me directly if you can make it back up here and I will let you know about any new trends happening in Park City and a discounted tour.
Thanks, Shirin

Ogden, Utah, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Food and Fun in Park City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

A girlfriend from California was visiting for the weekend and I wanted to do something different. I found Park City Food Tours online and made a reservation. I had a charity event to attend during the day, and Shirin provided a list via email of recommended places in Park City for my friend to visit while I was working. That is what is called going "above and beyond" expectations - thanks Shirin!! And all this before we even met!!

Park City was preparing for a big Thanksgiving weekend, and many of the stops in this tour were not yet open for the winter season. Shirin did not miss a beat, and identified four great restaurants - ranging from casual to fine dining - for our tour group of four to visit. The other couple who joined us were newlyweds, and Shirin presented them with a heart filled with colorful candy to mark their special honeymoon week. Attention to the details are the mark of a great company! Well done, Shirin!

Our guide was full of information on city history, and was so generous in answering our many questions. She pointed out the many points of interest as we walked from the top of Main Street to the bottom. We visited Cisero's - located in a charming, historic building in which we were served a homemade butternut squash ravioli with pesto sauce as well as a savory bruschetta with homemade mozzarella, balsamic reduction, and tomatoes.

The next stop was my personal favorite - 350 Main - where we were served venison tenderloin with a gingerbread demi-glaze atop a butternut squash apple hash, and finished off with huckleberry relish. The flavors of this dish were beyond description - superb!!

The third stop on the tour was Main Street Pizza and Noodle; this establishment is a great place to catch a quick, casual meal or snack. We were served a chicken and cheese quesadilla with guacamole and salsa that was quite good. Quite surprising (in a good way) from a Pizza and Noodle joint!!

The last stop on our tour was the Flying Sumo - you have to try the Toykyo Nacho. Simply amazing!! As if that wasn't enough, Chef Adam followed up with generous servings of the Kitchen Sink Roll. I can't wait to return to this establishment - it was that good!

Shirin topped off the evening with confections from Bite Me Pastries. What a wonderful way to end the night.

We actually thought that we might finish the night off by going back to 350 Main, but we were full and moving slowly when we left the Flying Sumo. I have to say that we would go back to each of these restaurants and were happy for the exposure to some of the excellent offerings lining the Main Street in Park City.

I will wrap this up with another shout out to Shirin (and yet another example of her exceeding my expectations). At 12:16 a.m. this morning, I received an email from her recapping our tour - complete with photos!!

I will book this tour again and again to expose visitors to the history and great dining options of Park City, Utah. Great experience!

Visited November 2013
Shirin S, Manager at Park City Food Tours, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Ok, after reading this I have a huge smile on my face. Thank you so much for the wonderful review and the amazing compliments. I really enjoyed meeting you both and it sounded like you had a wonderful weekend arranged for your friend. You are a really good friend. Come back anytime I would love to have you.
Park City, Utah
7 attraction reviews
“Great fun for locals & visitors alike!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

As one of the Concierges at a Deer Valley Hotel, I was invited to this week's tour and for the 1st time, was able to attend. Learned things about historic Park City I didn't know, and got an insider's perspective/intro into a variety of Main Street restaurants, as well as the Museum, Olive Oil shop, and local bath and body shop. Soooo much fun, the evening flew by -- unlike any other "tour" I've ever been on -- Great energy and positive attitude added to the group's enjoyment. Highly recommend! Kathie

Visited November 2013
Thank you so much for the great review. That was a fun night a great way to spend an evening in a snow storm. The crowd was so much fun. I'm really glad you were able to make it. I was happy to meet you.
Meridian, Idaho
11 attraction reviews
“What a fun nite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I took a food tour in Oahu, so we had an idea what to expect. We had a really fun food tour in Park City with Park City Food Tours. Shirin was a really friendly, helpful, and entertaining host. She told us old historical facts about Park City as we walked our way down Main Street to the different restaurants. She made sure everyone in the party felt welcomed and part of a special evening. It was nice that we were part of a group of 7 and all the others were funny and made the evening that much more special. The managers of each restaurant were friendly and happy to have us visiting their establishment that evening. The food bites were so yummy and some places offered us water. The Wasatch Brew Pub's coconut battered shrimp with mango, honey, and Tabasco dipping sauce was amazing. And you can order a beer to go with that, at an extra cost. Some of the restaurant managers even gave us a history of the place and how it came to be. Being the sweet-tooth that I am, I appreciated that the night was capped off by a delicious chocolate from Bite Me Pastries. Wow, a little piece of Heaven. My husband I would do another Park City Food Tour in a heartbeat. Thanks, Shirin!

Visited November 2013
Shirin S, Manager at Park City Food Tours, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for the great review. What a great group of people to share an evening with. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay here in Park City.
Los Angeles, California
“Our First Food Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We go to Park City at least twice a year. Always looking for something new to do. This year my daughter found Park City Food Tours.

Depending on the day of the week, the restaurants visited are either casual or elegant. We were there on Tuesday evening and the restaurants were supposed to be casual. I was expecting, bars and pubs. But no sir. The restaurants were a less casual and a little more on the fine dining side. They were all great.

Our guide was Shirin, a twenty year resident of Park City. Her love for her adopted city really came through. We were a group of about ten, people from different cities. It was fun getting to know them. It was a very enjoyable evening and I do recommend it. It is not cheap however, it ran about $50 per person.

Visited August 2013
Shirin S, Manager at Park City Food Tours, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Ethel, thank you for the great review. Yes, our casual restaurants are not typically casual. Even the pubs on the tour have amazing food. Thank you for pointing out that it's not cheap. I do not strive for cheap but instead a fun experience while having a taste of Park City's fabulous cuisine. Next time you come to Park City email me and I will update you on the latest greatest.