“Top Notch!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 59 hotels in Park City
Park City, United States
“Top Notch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

One of the best vacations in my life thanks to the wonderful staff and accommodations of the Hilton Sunrise Vacation Resort. I decided to vacation solo and planned lots of outdoor activities, many of which were cancelled last minute due to rain. The entire staff worked to find me new activities while making me feel at home in the resort.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

285 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Thrall, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Really enjoyed our September trip to Park City. The Sunrise Lodge was a nice place to stay with very friendly staff. We hiked and visited Salt Lake City as well as drove around to view the beautiful sites from the mountain tops! Loved UTAH!

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I will start with the fact that we never made it to the resort - so cant comment non whether it was as advertised. All I can say is Hilton should reconsider associating their brand with the scammers of HGV. They offered us 2 nights at this resort in a 1BR (very nice) room next March, for $334, a great deal, in exchange for a 90 min tour. But then the lies began, they didnt mention the additional $99 charge at ski season, they told us we could do the tour at breakfast and still have time to ski. Once booked we found out breakfast meant 9am (which leaves little time for skiing). You cant take the tour on the day you check in or out - which they also failed to mention. Lastly, when I complained they set me up for a 530pm tour then once I was off the phone, they sent me a confirmation for a 1pm tour (which would mean we never got the ski the entire time we were in Utah). When I called to question this I left voicemails for the sales rep which went unanswered. When I got a hold of a quality assurance manager he told me they dont do evening tours so he doesnt know why the rep told me that - perhaps because they are simply trying to sell packages with no regard for customer service. When I asked how long the tours actually go he said it all depends could go 2-3 hrs, depending how many questions are asked. The good news is my complaints got them to refund my money (will see if they actually do or if I will have to lodge a complaint with Hilton as well. So i won't be staying at this resport, and sadly I now have a very bad impression of Hilton, which I am a long standing customer of. I will be happy to find a better hotel and simply pay full price rather than deal with these unscrupulous people.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Sunrise Lodge, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thanks for your feedback and I sincerely apologize for your inconvenience. If you would like to email me more details directly at rsykes@hgvc.com I can make sure this is handled by the appropriate party.

J. Rafe Sykes
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

the package that we were given did not include $15/day valet parking charges; the first room that we were given already had someone in it; we were there to look at time shares and knew we would be in a small room - but did not know that it was attached to a larger suite below us - which was very noisy and the staff that we spoke with that evening said that policy did not allow them to say anything before 10pm - and, besides, we were on the 4th floor and there was nothing the staff could do about it. It was disappointing to be at such a beautiful site..the morning management staff was much more helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Grand Vacations

hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Sunrise Lodge, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thanks for your review. We are sorry that your stay at the lodge was hampered by poor communication on our part and will use your feedback as a basis for improvement. Again, thank you for the review.

J. Rafe Sykes
Glenwood Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed one night this September during off-season. I was suprises there are no free upgrades for Hilton Diamond members, you want an upgrade get out your wallet. I was only a $30 upgrade charge but you would think they would comp me. I must admit the one bedroom with kitchen and full size living and dinning room were well worth the $30.00 "and thats off-season cost".
I'm not a big fan of the Time share pitch and you will get it here. The hotel has no restaurant but, there are many within a few minute walk.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Overall a good value. Lack of a restaurant or eating facility was an inconvenience especially for breakfast. Nearby Hyatt has a restaurant and a short walk away and there are a couple of choices within walking distance. Suite itself was very roomy, clean, and relatively quiet. Staff was very friendly and helpful, including, front desk, concierge, valets. One glaring issue that needs to be corrected. The TV in the living area is perched on top of the Fireplace Mantle. Mantle itself is almost 6 ft off the floor so the viewing area of the TV even higher. This might be okay if you're a Giraffe, but for normal humans it is painful to actually watch the TV with one's head tilted at a ridiculous angle.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Two BR, two bath, granite & stainless steel kitchen, laundry, living area and is especially spacious. Most beautiful. Even more than we have come to expect from HGVC properties. Great views. How could there not be great views in Park City. Valet parking is disappointing but that is a little thing. Restful atmosphere to enjoy the fresh mountain air. Pool & spa are lovely and private. The shuttle service to other areas is great. Plan to come back to stay for a few weeks. Tomorrow golf........

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sunrise Lodge, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club? Share your experiences!