“Underwhelming HGVC property that was really just a rescue of part of the abandoned Hyatt/Escala complex” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sunrise Lodge, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club

You added Sunrise Lodge, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club to your Saves list
Sunrise Lodge, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2307 W. High Mountain Rd, Park City, UT 84098   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 58 Hotels in Park City
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Brand new but not great. Studio rooms are small and very poorly lit. Despite our thermostat being on 69 the room was an unbearable 81 degrees all night. The hotel doesn't have robes yet to enjoy the hot tubs outside. There is no signage so it's nearly impossible to find the ski valet. Even though I'm a Gold HHonors member and there were nicer rooms available, they wouldn't upgrade me. The most egregious omission is the lack of a restaurant on site (we were told Cantons resort forbad it). There's not even a store or market for snacks and the hotel only provides cheap k cup coffee in the lobby. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2013
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Sunrise Lodge, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send your thoughts. We appreciate the feedback and will use the information provided to make improvements. New signage is now in place and robes will be in rooms soon. I’m sorry that your experience was not what my team and I expect. Please feel free to contact me directly should you wish to discuss your stay directly. I can be reached at rsykes@hgvc.com.

J. Rafe Sykes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The experience has to do with the dedication of the persons on the property. I can't stress enough the professionalism knowledge and dedication Renee at the front desk, whose manager was also very helpful, mark should be commended for their efforts. I would highly recommend using their services, mad

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
NY/USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We have been HGVC members for 2 years - and feeling so so about it - but this really is a great property: ski lift is 100' from Hotel, one-bedroom units and up are spacious (but studios are much smaller), the place is brand new and solidly built, there are only a little bit more than 80 units and thus it has a boutique feel to it, staff is very friendly and helpful. Only minus: it doesn't have a bar or restaurant (but free coffee/tea in the lobby and there is a restaurant next door at the Hyatt Escala). Bottom line: We liked it so much that we bought a time share there! (for HGVC members: this works differently than the other HGVC resort, as you can buy a specific week here)

Room Tip: Some studios have a couch and a fireplace, but they feel more cramped, the bed is smaller and they d...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Sunrise Lodge, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thanks for taking time to review us and congratulations on your purchase! We look forward to welcoming you next time!

J. Rafe Sykes
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed at Sunrise Lodge during Sundance, my first time at any Hilton Grand Vacations resort. I had booked the lowest-cost room, a studio suite, and to my surprise, the friendly front-desk person upgraded me to a 1-bedroom suite free of charge. The suite was huge, with a fully-outfitted home-sized kitchen, living room, two bathrooms, windows everywhere, and most importantly, a great shower with high water pressure. They have a brand new workout room that is pretty well outfitted with free weights and high tech treadmills, elliptical machines, and recumbent bikes, and what appeared to be a really nice pool. Unfortunately I had an accident on the slopes during my visit, and this is when I found out truly how great the staff of this hotel is. They were very accommodating, storing my luggage for several days while I was in the hospital. When I realized I would be unable to pick it up myself, I called to see if they could FedEx it for me, but they offered to drive my luggage over to the hospital free of charge. I will most definitely be back to stay at this hotel when I'm mended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Frisco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We have stayed in Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacation properties around the world and this is one of the finer services we have experienced. Really felt like we were at a boutique resort where everyone remembers your name. Ski in- ski out. Great concierge service. Rooms are on the larger side for HGVC properties and of course as a new property everything looks top notch.

Room Tip: Ask for the two bedroom with vaulted ceilings if avaiable.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed at the Sunrise Lodge during Sundance. Our expectations were not high as we had never stayed at a Hilton Grand Vacations Club before. What we found was a brand new hotel with high-end finish out. The rooms are very large with great views from the private balcony of the Canyons Ski Resort.

Although the staff are not as polished as a Four Seasons/St Regis/Ritz, they are happy to help in any way possible to make your stay comfortable. The best example was the ski rental valet. They come to your room to fit your boots and helmet then ensure your equipment is waiting for you before you head to the mountain.

Well done.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This was my first trip out to Park City, Utah. The purpose of our trip was for pleasure mainly to ski and partake in the Sundance Film Festival. This newly constructed property is located in the heart of the Canyons (fairly newer area) right outside of downtown Park City (10 minute car ride), surrounded by great restaurants, ski lifts and breathtaking views. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and friendly, and even came to the room to fit us for skis! The rooms were fully equipped with a kitchen, living room, washer/dryer, fireplace, balconies, comfy beds, etc. It is a home away from home!

I highly recommend staying at this hotel! I will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sunrise Lodge, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club? Share your experiences!