“An absolute dissapointment” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 76 Activities in Park City
Type: Spas, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: The newly renovated Prospector Square Club provides over 38,000 sq ft space filled with top of the line fitness equipment and Park City's only Racquetball Court. Home to Park City's largest fitness training area, our full-service gym is the perfect place for your workout whether you are new to fitness, a weekend warrior or a professional athlete. From state-of-the-art to old-school, we've got it all. Our 120ft indoor field is perfect for doing plyometrics, hurdles, cone drills or sled-pulls. The 2nd floor cardio mezzanine is filled with a huge range of equipment from Ellipiticals, Bikes and Treadmills with individual TVs, Total Body ARC Trainers, Landmark Challenge StepMills, Rowing Machines, Versa Climber, Jacobs Ladder and more. Our dedicated Spin Studio is filled with brand new Schwinn AC Performance Bikes, many with Mpower Consoles. In addition to our Yoga and Fitness Studios, the Prospector Square Club also has a Pilates Reformer Studio. We offer over 80+ FREE weekly Fitness Classes. Come play in our backyard - our Prospector Square Club has a year-round Heated Recreational Pool (domed in winter) with a Lazy River and 65' Waterslide, Heated Lap Pool and an outdoor and indoor Hot Tub, Sauna and Steam Room. Our Outdoor Fitness Area also includes a Kid's Fitness Castle and Muscle Beach. This club is home to the Silver Mountain Spa & Salon offering reasonably priced services in a luxury environment.
Scottsdale, Arizona
“An absolute dissapointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

While staying in my home in Deer Valley this week I have purchased one of their temporary memberships and paid for a class only to be provided with.

A gym that is very unclean.
Instructors that seem to lack knowledge on the subject they claim to be expert at.
A gym that is overheated to a point that working out is difficult.

What a terrible gym option for such a great city. Its somewhat sad.

Visited November 2012
RStratford, Public Relations Manager at Silver Mountain Sports Club and Spa, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
We are so sorry that our club did not meet your expectations. We do maintain very clean, temperature regulated facilities with new equipment in good repair and our classes are taught by professional certified instructors. We believe we offer a very good value and our clubs are a valuable addition to the Park City community and are sorry that during your visit we fell short of your standards. We hope you will return to Silver Mountain Sports Club on your next trip to Park City and give us another chance.

Boston
“Looking for a place in Park City to swim in the winter? Look elsewhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

The club has a heated outdoor 25 yard pool. We paid $75 for a 5 visit pass. When we arrived, 2 of the 4 lanes were in use but the others were covered with a solar cover. We asked them to open the other lanes (as they had indicated they would). It took them 25 minutes to get someone to roll back the cover. As a result, we had to cut short our workout. Poor service at a very average, but quite expensive, facility.

Visited March 2012
RStratford, Guest Relations Manager at Silver Mountain Sports Club and Spa, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
We sincerely apologize that you were not able to experience the high level of service we are committed to providing to all our members and guests. Unfortunately at the moment you made the request we did not have the Front Desk staff available to promptly pull the lane covers and the person you asked it of did not follow the protocol of immediately calling for staffing support. As you spoke to his manager following this incident, you are aware that we took this situation very seriously. We have since made the changes necessary to avoid this sort of situation occurring again. The policy of keeping unused lanes covered allows us to maintain the only year-round heated outdoor lap pools in Park City. We hope that you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves on your next visit.
Los Angeles
“Best gym in Utah. Great place to work out. Beautiful.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2008

I travel a lot and found Silver Mountain Sports Club to be a great place to come for a workout. I visited everyday and loved the atmosphere. Nice clean pool for my lap swimming. Huge weight room. They even allow you to come back in the evening for no additional cost which was great for me since I like to work out early and then hit the slopes and like to come back for a relaxing swim and hot tub in the evening. Cost was only $18 for a day visit which is a lot better than the $35 -$45 I pay in L.A., Phoenix and S.F.

Beautiful lobby...great smoothies....clean & friendly staff....cardio machines with TV's.....very happy with Silver Mountain...I recommend the club to other out-of-towners.

Park City
“I LOVE Silver Mountain Sports Club”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2007

I have been a member for 9+ years and it is amazing how much better this club is now compared to even a few years ago. The weight equipment is awesome, they have two pools so my wife can swim laps and
I can play with my kids in the family pool which has a waterslide and lazy river. The family pool is even domed during the winter so I can sit and read after they tire me out and the kids can still play play.
They just re-did the floors which look great and they recently purchased a bunch of new treadmills. It is a second home for my wife and kids. Lots to do for the entire family. Silver Mountain Sports Club has a ton of daily exercise classes that are included in the membership which I don't use a lot but my wife says the instructors are the best in the state. I enjoy playing racquetball but my favorite
is the steam and sauna. Great club. Highly recommend it to fellow locals and visitors.

Utah
“Horrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2006

This health club is very unaccommodating! I wanted to join but they obviously don’t need new members. They offer no discounts for students. At $65 / month, I wanted to make sure I like the facility and classes. Prospective members can pay $19/day to try out the club!!!! Most gyms offer a free week to try it out, but not these people. And they don’t credit this money towards your initiation fee or monthly fees. This place is horrible.