“Perfect Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Louisiana
“Perfect Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

We spent our 25th Anniversary at this hotel in April of 2009. We were upgraded to a cottage that was overlooking a pond on the golf course. The cottage was beautiful with nice furnishings and several fireplaces. There was a private hot tub on the patio which faced the pond and the mountains were in the background. It was very lovely. The staff was very friendly and helped to arrange a snowmobiling trip for us. It was a great trip and we would not hesitate to return to this hotel. --Louisiana

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

My wife and I decided to stay at the Hotel Park City, mainly because of the reviews that we had read. The Hotel was very pleasing to the eye, we stayed in the cottage. I was surprised that I wasn’t able to park close to the area. In fact we had to take a shuttle to get there; the place was nice and appeared clean. By night fall it amazed me on how loud it was on the inside. The cottages are attached as a three to four plex, with a main entry way. You always knew when someone had entered the building. The doors echoed, and you could hear their footsteps. I was there on the off season, when it wasn’t very busy. I can’t imagine how loud it would be during the skiing season.
In the evening we decided to get in the jetted tub, after filling it I turned on the jets. I was disgusted by what came out of the jets; they obviously don’t take the time to clean out the jets (yuck). Needless to say we didn’t take a bath.
The spa was unbelievable; the staff was great and worked with you, very relaxing.
Ruth’s Chris Steak House, was outstanding, by far the best steak I have ever had, high dollar but well worth it. It is a must.
My stay was pleasant, but not even close to a 5 star; in fact it would struggle to be a 4 star in my book.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2009

We have just returned from 10 days at this hotel. We received a free upgrade to a cottage in the grounds which was nice but would not have been worth the money. The breakfast is as others have said free but far from extensive. The staff are friendly but what let them down time and time again was poor communication between them. We never got taxis we had ordered, reservations were messed up frequently so much so that my husband had to complain to the manager about it. We turned up at one restaurant having checked with the front desk twice to find no reservation.

This might not matter in a cheaper hotal but this hotel aspires to be a leading hotel of the world which it is not.
Also the communal facilities are not good enough. There is no lounge or bar area to rest in so the is no heart to the hotel It feels like a group of timeshare residences with a restaurant. Again this would be Ok if not for the price.
Housekeeping and front of house staff are excellent . The shuttle is unreliable but the two taxi drivers Dan and Steve make up for this by fixing the hotels failings themselves and apologising !!!
All in all a disappointment but all things which could be easily rectified

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Kaysville, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

My husband and I were very impressed with our stay at this hotel. We stayed in the Executive Suite ( the smallest, but still very impressive). The staff was very friendly and professional when we checked in. They even gave us a complimentary breakfast buffet for the next morning, and let me tell you it was far above and beyond your typical hotel breakfast buffet. Too bad it is only served during the ski season.
The room had everything we could need. It had a kitchenette, robes with slippers, leather sofas,washer/dryer in a closet, a Bose system with DVD player, 2 TVS, a down comforter. It was very romantic with lots of dimmers on the lighting. It also had a gas fireplace and balcony. Everything was of the highest quality, and it all felt very cozy with luxury lodge feel.
The only thing I could even complain about was that our mattress was a bit too soft for us. (We like firm mattresses.) Also , those wonderful wood doors make a rather loud noise when they shut, so neighbors coming in late woke me up.
All in all though, it was a wonderful place to stay. It was a good value for the Exec. Suite at 212 through Expedia. I called the lodge also, and they would have charged around 270 through them. The other rooms are considerably more though, and not as great a value for the money.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2009

We stayed at Hotel Park City and found the hotel to be very well managed, friendly courteous staff and clean, spacious rooms. The convenient location close to the lifts was perfect for us. The pool and hot tub was open year round and we took advantage of it everyday after skiing. The included breakfast was a nice touch as were the lift tickets provided by the front desk every day. We will definitely return to Park City and stay at the Hotel Park City again without hesitation. Paulkishe's family loved it too!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Tampa Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

Overall our stay was excellent. I would agree with some other reviews and call this more of a condo type environment than a hotel. We stayed in a Cottage Executive Suite which includes a seperate master bedroom and was not attached the main hotel itself. After check in, we did not set foot back into the main building of the hotel, so I can't comment much on the other hotel ammenities. That is not a bad thing, our suite was so outstanding we had no need to venture into the hotel itself. we were extremely statisfied with every aspect of our suite.
The only downside with the property we experienced was the lack of a real shuttle service to the ski areas. As noted by other reviewers, the shuttles are vans that can hold no more than 6 or 7 people and their equipment. Myself and 3 other people had to ride in the back of a van on top of skis and poles just to be able to make it to the mountain on our first day there. when we go to the Deer Valley we piled out of the van like a clown car. Other far less expensive hotels had proper shuttles ferrying their guests to the mount. I would think that the Hotel Park City management would be a bit embarrassed to see their guests pile out of a van bearing their brand. For the remaining days of our trip we drove ourselves to the resort.
The shuttle was an inconvenience but we were extremely pleased with our stay. The room was fantastic! The private hot tub on our porch was outstanding and the twice daily service of our suite was more than we expected!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2009

My stay at the Hotel Park City was great. Considering that I stayed during the craziest time of year--the Sundance film Festival-- I had no problems getting around town. The hotel is right below Main Street, a bit too far to walk, but getting transportation was no problem. I couldn't believe how many Hollywood "A" listers I ran into here. It seems that all the stars that don't actually own cabins stayed here.
I would recommend that if you stay here, you stay in the cottages. They are spectacular, and well worth the money. Definitely the feel you want in Park City. It was like staying at a full service condo rather than a hotel. There was a jacuzzi on the balcony looking over the golf course, fireplace in the living room and bedroom as well. Oh yeah, and a fireplace on the balcony--lots of fireplaces. I never used the jacuzzi bathtub in the bathroom--why when there is one outside? The kitchen was well equipped and the fridge was big enough to hold groceries--a rarity at any hotel. I didn't take advantage of the spa, but my girlfriend loved it. The gym is new and has everything to get a great workout.
I don't understand why this place isn't five diamond. I've stayed at a lot of five star hotels and this place is easily one of the best. Considering all of the amenities, this place is a bargain, and compared to the places that are on or closer to Main Street, this place is well worth the four minute cab ride.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Park City? Share your experiences!