“Wonderful getaway in the mountains” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #4 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Salt Lake City
“Wonderful getaway in the mountains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The Hotel Park City is a really nice resort hotel in Park City. We have been there twice in the off season and the rates were very reasonable for such a luxury hotel. The hotel has an impressive fitness room as well as a very large outside pool and one of the largest hot tubs I have ever seen.
The rooms are equipped with a microwave and refrigerator and have a nice sitting area apart from the King bed. I highly recommend this hotel if you are traveling to Park City. It is a short ride to Park City's Main Street.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
HPCGeneralMgr, General Manager at Hotel Park City, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Salt Lakers: Thank you for spending your fall weekend with us! Especially appreciated are your comments on TripAdvisor.

Looking forward to your return.
Guy Morris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
SLC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels around the world (Abu Dhabi, London, Mexico City, Sao Paulo, Singapore to name a few) and Hotel Park City is certainly top on the list for the best. Very friendly and helpful staff from the moment you check in. The room was fantastic, clean and felt like home. Great Decor! Stunning views from the balcony and bedrooms. Pure Relaxation!!
The kids had a great time in the pool and hot tub. Great get away with the family and for sure a return visit with that special one.
Try it you will love it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
HPCGeneralMgr, General Manager at Hotel Park City, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear RM:
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments!

Tooele, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I was ready to write a glowing review of this hotel. Check in was fast, our room change request as honored with no problems. The room was absolutely beautiful. Wonderful comfortable bed, beautiful woodwork, amazing amenities. The decor was very tasteful and the bathroom/room were spotless. The fireplace was a special touch and we loved having a patio with the view of the mountains.

However, we had an incident happen that made us very uncomfortable. We didn't leave our room until 5 pm one day. We called the front desk and ask if housekeeping could make up our room. They gladly obliged. We didn't return to our room until almost 11 pm. As we approached our room from the hallway, we could immediately tell that the door was ajar and had not been shut. All we did was push on the door and it opened. Obviously the housekeeper had not pulled the door closed. I had an incredibly unsettled feeling as we entered the room. We checked the room and luckily nothing was missing (we had left some electronics, jewelry, etc.). I called the front desk and they apologized.

I have NEVER had this happen before, not even in the cheapest of hotels. Anyone walking along could have gone into the room, as it was apparently open for almost 6 hours. I felt very nervous the rest of the evening. Before this incident, we planned on returning for many stays to come. But after - we will think twice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests: It is concerning to learn of your incident. The functionality of the entry door has been inspected. Our staff will be taking extra precautions when exiting guest rooms. Please accept my apology for the stress that this caused.

Tubac
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Our experience from making the initial reservation, checking in, the stay and check out was very smooth. The staff is there to please you and they make that very evident.
Our room on the first floor was very comfortable and upscale. Views were great.
We purchased the Ruth Chris special and it was nice to relax, walk through the hotel to our restaurant, enjoy a nice meal and not have far to go to get back to our room.
We did use the pool and spa facilities.
One negative I could mention, would be the noise of kids in the pool at night. The enjoyment of sitting on our patio and taking in the view with a glass of wine was changed to sitting inside and enjoying the fireplace because of the kids screaming in the evening at the pool. This is really not a hotel issue....just parent's who are inconsiderate of others. I would never let my kids scream and make noise at that level in the evening at a nice hotel. The kids were just being kids, but this is where parenting lacked..it would be another story at the beach or during the day.
The spa was nice. One drawback was access to the spa, through outside stairs like you are going into a subway or through the parking garage. With all those beautiful mountain views, it is too bad the spa is underground and that they didn't have a separate pool outside for those who were looking for a quiet, relaxing time.
No place is perfect but this was very, very nice, gorgeous lobby & rooms, with a very accommodating staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Spanish Fork, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed at HPC the night we got married. We arrived late, got to check in - which had everything ready for us, and headed to the cottage. We thought that we had reserved a cottage with a full kitchen, but upon arrival we only had a kitchenette. Oh well, we can deal with that. My new hubby went to park the car, eventually he came back... Parking was SO inconvenient! It was very far away. We start getting settled in the room. It was beautiful. There was an amazing bathroom, and the hot tub on the deck! Wow. Despite the dark we could tell it would be an amazing view in the morning. We started turning on the fireplaces, so set up a little romance. We tried the bedroom, it worked. Tried the outside fireplace - wouldn't turn on. Tried the living room fireplace - wouldn't turn on. Really? Two of three not working? I know it seems petty, but like I said, this was the night we got married. We used the huge hot tub and it was very nice. After a long day it was well needed. Later, in the bathroom - we found used hygiene items on the floor. YUCK. Not sure how THAT got missed by housekeeping...

The bedroom was fabulous! The bed was fluffy and soft and HUGE! Everything was just as we imagined until I plugged in my iPhone charge and I got zapped! There was something stuck in the outlet and it shocked me! Yikes. Not really the kind of electricity I was hoping for that night!

The next day we informed the front desk. They sent a guy out for the fireplaces and the outlet. He fixed one of the two. He seemed in a huge hurry to get out of there more than anything. We told him about both of the fireplaces but he didn't seem to care. I was a little disappointed, after having a few minor issues. Like I said WEDDING NIGHT! I wanted things to be perfect. My hubby, being a trooper, told the front desk. They ended up moving us to another cottage, that was amazing! It had a full kitchen and was seriously beautiful. Again the parking was an even bigger issue, as the only log was not even further way. But the room was so nice! It's hard to complain too much. Until the next morning, when we were packing up in the POURING rain! Running to get the car through the cold Park City rain was not fun at all!

Overall, the Hotel is beautiful. Did it completely ruin the wedding night? No. It was still nice. But to be fair, the problems did put a damper on things. They tried to make up for it, and the upgrade was nice. But I would have rather have stayed somewhere without these type of minor problems on my wedding night. Would we stay there again? I don't know. They would have a lot of making up to do. A resort this "classy" should have all the equipment working. And I don't care what the level of hotel is, you should never have to question the level of cleanliness. Finding any sort of hygiene item left over from the prior guest is horribly disgusting.

Room Tip: Good luck finding a cottage with parking close by.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HPCGeneralMgr, General Manager at Hotel Park City, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you for your patronage and for communicating your experience. Please accept my apology for an imperfect stay.

Congratulations on your wedding!
Guy T. Morris
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

After reading the reviews for this hotel I really expected a wonderful experience. When we travel for pleasure we try and stay in a historic or highly rated hotel at least once during our vacation. This hotel does not live up to its reviews. Yes, it is a nice hotel, but there is nothing special about the hotel that makes it memorable. Perhaps if I had upgraded our room to one of the larger suites it would have been a better experience. If you are thinking of staying here I would suggest that you go for an upgraded suite.

Room Tip: Go for an upgraded suite, I think you would be much happier.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HPCGeneralMgr, General Manager at Hotel Park City, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest - thank you for commenting on TripAdvisor. I am interersted to hear about your preferences that would have contributed to a memorable visit. If you have a moment, please respond to the Guest Comment Card that was recently e-mailed to you. Your specifics will be helpful and appreciated.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

With a full hotel and the most gorgeous 'cabins' - four to a building - dotted around the beautiful grounds, golf course, pools and restaurants, this is the the only place to stay in Park City, home to the 2002 Winter Olympics.

The lobby was like a country club with casual seating areas, a massive fireplace and views of the mountains.

I only stayed one night but I could have move in permanently...or at least for a few months.

My cabin was the most elegant apartment, with full kitchen, living room with Bose sound system - my iPod has never sounded so good! - an outdoor deck (with jacuzzi) which shared a fireplace with the sumptuous bedroom and a truly sybaritic bathroom.

The bed, pillows, shower, jacuzzi, towels were all fabulous. The toiletries were all natural lavender products and I cleaned them out!

Parking was valet or self and they happily trolley you around in golf carts if the walk to the main building is too difficult.

WIFI was included, but not breakfast. However, there are restaurants in the main building.

The staff were excellent and couldn't have been more helpful.

I also was treated to a facial at the spa. I left glowing, relaxed and sad to leave.

Room Tip: Cabin 6, #23 was fabulous.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business