“Plush, comfortable and private” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Park City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2001 Park Avenue, Park City, UT 84068   |
Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Park City
Tubac
“Plush, comfortable and private”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Our experience from making the initial reservation, checking in, the stay and check out was very smooth. The staff is there to please you and they make that very evident.
Our room on the first floor was very comfortable and upscale. Views were great.
We purchased the Ruth Chris special and it was nice to relax, walk through the hotel to our restaurant, enjoy a nice meal and not have far to go to get back to our room.
We did use the pool and spa facilities.
One negative I could mention, would be the noise of kids in the pool at night. The enjoyment of sitting on our patio and taking in the view with a glass of wine was changed to sitting inside and enjoying the fireplace because of the kids screaming in the evening at the pool. This is really not a hotel issue....just parent's who are inconsiderate of others. I would never let my kids scream and make noise at that level in the evening at a nice hotel. The kids were just being kids, but this is where parenting lacked..it would be another story at the beach or during the day.
The spa was nice. One drawback was access to the spa, through outside stairs like you are going into a subway or through the parking garage. With all those beautiful mountain views, it is too bad the spa is underground and that they didn't have a separate pool outside for those who were looking for a quiet, relaxing time.
No place is perfect but this was very, very nice, gorgeous lobby & rooms, with a very accommodating staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Spanish Fork, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed at HPC the night we got married. We arrived late, got to check in - which had everything ready for us, and headed to the cottage. We thought that we had reserved a cottage with a full kitchen, but upon arrival we only had a kitchenette. Oh well, we can deal with that. My new hubby went to park the car, eventually he came back... Parking was SO inconvenient! It was very far away. We start getting settled in the room. It was beautiful. There was an amazing bathroom, and the hot tub on the deck! Wow. Despite the dark we could tell it would be an amazing view in the morning. We started turning on the fireplaces, so set up a little romance. We tried the bedroom, it worked. Tried the outside fireplace - wouldn't turn on. Tried the living room fireplace - wouldn't turn on. Really? Two of three not working? I know it seems petty, but like I said, this was the night we got married. We used the huge hot tub and it was very nice. After a long day it was well needed. Later, in the bathroom - we found used hygiene items on the floor. YUCK. Not sure how THAT got missed by housekeeping...

The bedroom was fabulous! The bed was fluffy and soft and HUGE! Everything was just as we imagined until I plugged in my iPhone charge and I got zapped! There was something stuck in the outlet and it shocked me! Yikes. Not really the kind of electricity I was hoping for that night!

The next day we informed the front desk. They sent a guy out for the fireplaces and the outlet. He fixed one of the two. He seemed in a huge hurry to get out of there more than anything. We told him about both of the fireplaces but he didn't seem to care. I was a little disappointed, after having a few minor issues. Like I said WEDDING NIGHT! I wanted things to be perfect. My hubby, being a trooper, told the front desk. They ended up moving us to another cottage, that was amazing! It had a full kitchen and was seriously beautiful. Again the parking was an even bigger issue, as the only log was not even further way. But the room was so nice! It's hard to complain too much. Until the next morning, when we were packing up in the POURING rain! Running to get the car through the cold Park City rain was not fun at all!

Overall, the Hotel is beautiful. Did it completely ruin the wedding night? No. It was still nice. But to be fair, the problems did put a damper on things. They tried to make up for it, and the upgrade was nice. But I would have rather have stayed somewhere without these type of minor problems on my wedding night. Would we stay there again? I don't know. They would have a lot of making up to do. A resort this "classy" should have all the equipment working. And I don't care what the level of hotel is, you should never have to question the level of cleanliness. Finding any sort of hygiene item left over from the prior guest is horribly disgusting.

Room Tip: Good luck finding a cottage with parking close by.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HPCGeneralMgr, General Manager at Hotel Park City, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you for your patronage and for communicating your experience. Please accept my apology for an imperfect stay.

Congratulations on your wedding!
Warm regards,
Guy T. Morris
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

After reading the reviews for this hotel I really expected a wonderful experience. When we travel for pleasure we try and stay in a historic or highly rated hotel at least once during our vacation. This hotel does not live up to its reviews. Yes, it is a nice hotel, but there is nothing special about the hotel that makes it memorable. Perhaps if I had upgraded our room to one of the larger suites it would have been a better experience. If you are thinking of staying here I would suggest that you go for an upgraded suite.

Room Tip: Go for an upgraded suite, I think you would be much happier.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HPCGeneralMgr, General Manager at Hotel Park City, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest - thank you for commenting on TripAdvisor. I am interersted to hear about your preferences that would have contributed to a memorable visit. If you have a moment, please respond to the Guest Comment Card that was recently e-mailed to you. Your specifics will be helpful and appreciated.
Warm regards,
Guy Morris
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

With a full hotel and the most gorgeous 'cabins' - four to a building - dotted around the beautiful grounds, golf course, pools and restaurants, this is the the only place to stay in Park City, home to the 2002 Winter Olympics.

The lobby was like a country club with casual seating areas, a massive fireplace and views of the mountains.

I only stayed one night but I could have move in permanently...or at least for a few months.

My cabin was the most elegant apartment, with full kitchen, living room with Bose sound system - my iPod has never sounded so good! - an outdoor deck (with jacuzzi) which shared a fireplace with the sumptuous bedroom and a truly sybaritic bathroom.

The bed, pillows, shower, jacuzzi, towels were all fabulous. The toiletries were all natural lavender products and I cleaned them out!

Parking was valet or self and they happily trolley you around in golf carts if the walk to the main building is too difficult.

WIFI was included, but not breakfast. However, there are restaurants in the main building.

The staff were excellent and couldn't have been more helpful.

I also was treated to a facial at the spa. I left glowing, relaxed and sad to leave.

Room Tip: Cabin 6, #23 was fabulous.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

My wife and I wanted a weekend out of town. We decided to return to the Hotel Park City (for the third time). This property and the HPC staff are fantastic. Incredible views which are second to none. Also, a big thank you to Tim P. and his staff. Tim and his staff welcomed us back and ensured our stay was perfect. We will continue to return as frequently as possible. If you want excellent service with a personalized touch, I would highly recommend Hotel Park City. - Jeff K.

Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I rarely give any hotel or restaurant an excellent rating, but this one deserves it. We had a concern about our room and the manager immediately offered us another option. Even though we had plans for hiking and exploring, we felt immobilized and stuck in our room. We enjoyed the incredible views, balcony, comfortable bed, heated basement garage, and kitchen amenities. We did a few laps in the heated pool while it was snowing and then sat in the hot tub. We can't say enough good things about how we were treated and how much we enjoyed the place.

ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is a gorgeous property --- very mountain lodge like. The lobby area is really nice with it's lodge décor, grand fireplace and comfortable seating. The art collection throughout the hotel is impressive. Overall it was a clean, well run hotel. The staff are extra friendly, even the housemaids who greeted us every day with a smile. The rooms are all individually owned units in various sizes. Ours was a Premium King in the Main Lodge --- good enough for two, well equipped and comfortable. My only complaint would be a few small design quibbles. We were on an upper floor overlooking the pool and although the view was spectacular, the balcony only had two small chairs and a small round table between them. That was actually all the balcony would hold so forget having a friend join you. The bathroom was a bit of a squeeze for two, the bathtub almost unusable due to its awkward design ---- faucets first.The glass enclosed shower is beautiful but has no soap or shampoo holder. Although individually owned units they are still joined by double connecting doors with another unit ---- motel style. We had the misfortune of noisy neighbors and the sound carried through the doors into our room. We were told we could stuff some towels between the doors to muffle the sound. It did help a bit but we wondered why the connecting doors were necessary in the first place on individually owned units.

And finally about the spa and exercise rooms. Both are accessed through the parking garage --- not the most inviting of locations. The outdoor pool is small and would get crowded quick if there were a fair number of families staying.

But outside of these design quibbles we still enjoyed the hotel. If we were to return we would probably want to check out the cottages.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Park City? Share your experiences!